Author Topic: Bodybuilders and Bicycles  (Read 11153 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Bodybuilders and Bicycles
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
I really want to get back into bike riding... used to do it all the time between 12 and 18

What is a decent solid mountain bike to get ? something not too crazy , like under $800

me and my fiancee are gonna start up once the winter ice thaw's probably around late march..

thanks.

Ricky

• Getbig III
  • bulldogs rule.
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 12:00:12 PM »
Doesn't that bike cost around 4 or 5K?  Shocked I thought I was nuts spending $1600 on a bike.

Nah, mine is a 2008, the price has gone up since then. I got mine w/ the pedals, shoes, cages, and cyclocomputer all for around $3,000 which is in my opinion is not a lot of money at all for a bike.

I'm getting the Cervelo S2 next year. They start at $4,000 depending on with gruppo you get. If you get it with Dura-Ace 7900, some nice Zipp race wheels, Garmin GPS cyclocomputer, and carbon cages and carbon pedals, you're looking around $7,000 - $8,000 or more. That's my next bike.

My dream bike though is the Cervelo S3 Team edition, as is when ridden in the Tour de France. It's price tag: $11,000

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
Do any of you ride? I'm talking real enthusiasts here. Ain't nothing more better than pumping your legs up a huge hill while cars and motorcycles (only a pussy has a motor on their bike) pass you. Now that is the life. It builds character, legs and calves. The true hardcore among us know.

Btw, I haven't ridden a bike in years. And hell, they are more complicated today than some motorcycles.
I saw one show that showed how bad some expensive mass produced bikes were compared to one off specials for some timed "urban events". But serious bike riders got good quads and calves.

I was being sarcastic, and you know ND is gonna post the Paul Dillett on his bike pic.
                bikes ain't good for ya. the seat crushes your nuts giving you prostrate cancer and other ailments. cuts off the flow of test. which all good bbers need.  say no to bikes. see lance" one nut "armstrong.
F