Author Topic: Mixed Martial Arts For Jesus  (Read 2932 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Mixed Martial Arts For Jesus
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »

(Newser) – Jesus just too wimpy for you? Fear not: A new crop of churches that combine religion with mixed martial arts could solve all your spiritual problems. "Compassion and love—we agree with all that stuff, too," one pastor tells the New York Times, "but what led me to find Christ was that Jesus was a fighter." Proponents tout this method of getting young men back into pews, while skeptics worry they're missing Christianity's whole point.

Some churches, like the appropriately named Xtreme Ministries (motto: "Where Feet, Fist, and Faith Collide"), go so far as hosting fights between members of the flock. Others draw the line at fight night viewing parties and fights-as-metaphors during sermons. "We've raised a generation of little boys," says a pastor who thinks fighting churches will help—but another insists, "I don’t live for the Jesus who eats red meat, drinks beer, and beats on other men."

http://www.xtremeministries.com/cms/

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Mixed Martial Arts For Jesus
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »
Religion is an endless source of entertainment.
from incomplete data

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
not judging, but i dont think the devil is going to be scare of being mounted and place in an arm-bar. :-\
A

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »
there is a whole line of "Jesus Didn't Tap" MMA gear
X

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
not judging, but i dont think the devil is going to be scare of being mounted and place in an arm-bar. :-\

But what about a rear naked choke !?!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

(Newser) – Jesus just too wimpy for you? Fear not: A new crop of churches that combine religion with mixed martial arts could solve all your spiritual problems. "Compassion and love—we agree with all that stuff, too," one pastor tells the New York Times, "but what led me to find Christ was that Jesus was a fighter." Proponents tout this method of getting young men back into pews, while skeptics worry they're missing Christianity's whole point.

Some churches, like the appropriately named Xtreme Ministries (motto: "Where Feet, Fist, and Faith Collide"), go so far as hosting fights between members of the flock. Others draw the line at fight night viewing parties and fights-as-metaphors during sermons. "We've raised a generation of little boys," says a pastor who thinks fighting churches will help—but another insists, "I don’t live for the Jesus who eats red meat, drinks beer, and beats on other men."

this women used to srip for jesus to save yooo soul.
F

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »
put some glitter on that hat and youll be the shit at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas!!!! ::)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »

Its not a bad looking hat  :-\
Giving 110%

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »
funny i thought about starting a rapid punching /kicking and running are key to fitness agility and balance

save the grappling nonsense for people who really want to get into deadly fights and dont really want the rippedness of difficult martial arts training that doesnt require you to be mounted by some dude or learn lame kata's
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
Sure, it makes perfect sense.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
Lol @ religious nutjobs. They'll take anything, no matter how bizzare, justify it with their interpretation of the Bible, and claim "it's for Jeebus."

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
Lol @ religious nutjobs. They'll take anything, no matter how bizzare, justify it with their interpretation of the Bible, and claim "it's for Jeebus."

My favorite was when a bunch of Mormon young men started their own Fight Club after the movie came out.  Ok not sure if it was actually for Jesus, but a whole pack of dudes, who really need to get laid, getting together and collectively missing the point cracked me up.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
So, they are gonna beat the Good Word into you? Sounds counterproductive.