Author Topic: Anthem Blue Cross insurance raises health care rates 39%  (Read 8150 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Anthem Blue Cross insurance raises health care rates 39%
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
If you're in college and don't have insurance you should be able to get it pretty inexpensive throught the school. If not you are can still be on your parents policy as long asd you're still in school.

back at a JC doing some lower level classes to qualify for a masters program. they don't offer insurance, and i'm 27 so a cobra plan isn't an option.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »
Where else but in America can people get away with this shit? I swear most Americans have to be brainwashed or retarded!! Even with a catastrophic policy there are conditions, they'll pay 80% of costs after your deductable, but only up until a certain momentary limit (most policies are between 10,000-15,000) so let's be generous and give you 15,000...true story.. You pay for this policy for 4 years no incidents, at 338.00 a month, and thank heavens no major incidents that's already 16,224 out of pocket...well in the 5th year your child falls and compound fractures her arm at school...ambulance ride 5800, hospital stay 6400, surgery to put plate in arm 28,700 (I still have the actual statements) total is roughly 40,900 plus some micellaneous bills and PT afterwards, with checkups... But thank god we have insurance right? 40,900-5000 deductable...should only owe 7,500 right?nope insuance only pays 80% of 15000, the rest is out of pocket! So you end up paying 29,000 out of pocket, and if you add in the 16,224 you already paid into the system, you are in the hole more than if you had just saved your money to begin with!! What a fucking scam, how fucking stupid can people be?? Thankfully when all that happened I had top of the line insuance through my employer. But had I had a catastophic policy that's what it would have been like, on the end I was still out of pocket 11,000 for everything...now imagine if it were socialized like in Britain or France? I wouldve paid roughly the same 400-500 in taxes and it would have cost me NOTHING out of pocket...oh but wait, no there must be something wrong with it, it's not making some giant corporation gobs of money so it must be inferior or flawed.. Retards

You know what your post makes to much damn sense....

Joe Marino will still find a way to refute your perspective on universal healthcare..Even though he has a similar insurance policy that you held while this unfortunate event occurred.

io856

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:26 PM »
Where else but in America can people get away with this shit? I swear most Americans have to be brainwashed or retarded!! Even with a catastrophic policy there are conditions, they'll pay 80% of costs after your deductable, but only up until a certain momentary limit (most policies are between 10,000-15,000) so let's be generous and give you 15,000...true story.. You pay for this policy for 4 years no incidents, at 338.00 a month, and thank heavens no major incidents that's already 16,224 out of pocket...well in the 5th year your child falls and compound fractures her arm at school...ambulance ride 5800, hospital stay 6400, surgery to put plate in arm 28,700 (I still have the actual statements) total is roughly 40,900 plus some micellaneous bills and PT afterwards, with checkups... But thank god we have insurance right? 40,900-5000 deductable...should only owe 7,500 right?nope insuance only pays 80% of 15000, the rest is out of pocket! So you end up paying 29,000 out of pocket, and if you add in the 16,224 you already paid into the system, you are in the hole more than if you had just saved your money to begin with!! What a fucking scam, how fucking stupid can people be?? Thankfully when all that happened I had top of the line insuance through my employer. But had I had a catastophic policy that's what it would have been like, on the end I was still out of pocket 11,000 for everything...now imagine if it were socialized like in Britain or France? I wouldve paid roughly the same 400-500 in taxes and it would have cost me NOTHING out of pocket...oh but wait, no there must be something wrong with it, it's not making some giant corporation gobs of money so it must be inferior or flawed.. Retards
only in America

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
only in America

That's exactly what the article I posted earlier talks about. It's like people that are affected the most are voting against any change to the current system and being very vocal about it. Mass brainwashing effect at its best. :o
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

Insurer Denies Life-Prolonging Treatment To Five-Year-Old Boy With Cancer

Kyle Van Nocker One of the worst abuses of private insurance companies is the practice of using spurious reasons to deny claims for medical treatments, which are often necessary for saving patients’ lives.

Kyler Van Nocker’s story shows that even 5-year-old kids are not exempt from this insurance company abuse. Van Nocker has neuroblastoma, which is a very rare form of childhood cancer that targets the nervous system and creates tumors throughout the body.

Due to successful treatment in 2007, Van Nocker’s cancer went into remission, giving him 12 months of pain-free life. Unfortunately, in Sept. 2008, the cancer returned, and Van Nocker was once again in need of treatment. Unfortunately, his health insurer, HealthAmerica, refused to pay for one form of treatment doctors believe could save his life (MIBG treatment) because they consider it “investigational/experimental” since it has yet to be approved by the FDA.

Yet in April 2008, the insurer approved cheaper treatment for Van Nocker that was also “experimental,” prompting Philadelphia Daily News columnist Ronnie Polaneczky to ask, “So why, pray tell, is HealthAmerica playing the ‘experimental therapy’ card in the case of the MIBG treatment Kyler now needs? Gee, money couldn’t have anything to do with the decision, could it?”

Van Nocker’s parents are suing HealthAmerica, citing the fact that the company has apparently been dishonest about its criteria for the types of treatment it will cover and is denying payment for treatment in this case because of the high cost of the procedure — $110,000 pays for only two rounds of MIBG treatment. “These companies have to be brought to the courthouse to get them to do the right thing,” says the VanNockers’s family attorney. “This child needs this treatment, or else.”

The sad truth is that Van Nocker is certainly not alone in having his claim denied by a major health insurer. The California Nurses Association (CNA), a nurses’ union and health care advocacy group, recently released a comprehensive study of claims denials across California. The study found that the six largest insurers in California rejected 47.7 million claims in the first half of 2009, nearly 22 percent of all claims submitted.

The United States is the only industrialized nation without cradle-to-the-grave, universal health care. In no other developed country would a child with cancer have to go without care because an insurance company decided it was not profitable enough to cover him.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »
I pay $200.00 per month and have a $500 deductible, last time I went to the ER the insurance company tried to say that it wasn't an emergency and wanted me to pay the $500 deductible plus 20% of the bill, even though I needed to be put on an IV for three hours. It took me about two months of fighting with them but I finally got them to cover it. The current system is a total scam and over the course of a lifetime you will put way more money into it than you will get out in benefits. So now lets see, if we go to a national health care system and my taxes go up, I will still come out ahead money wise. Our health care system used to be good, but in the last decade it went to absolute shit. I still remeber getting $7.10 taken out of my check every week for a PPO, then it went to $28, then an insurance company change and it going up to $45 per week for a policy with a $1000 deductible, and this is all through an employer.It used to be that if you worked full time you pretty much didn't have to worry about your health care coverage, so yeah not everyone that isn't happy with our current system is an unemployed welfare leech.