Author Topic: Anthem Blue Cross insurance raises health care rates 39%  (Read 8176 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Re: Anthem Blue Cross insurance raises health care rates 39%
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »
For 3 people and I'm almost 48 years old. IMO thats a great rate.

thats not bad for now
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »
Maybe it's ok... Because it's a 5000 dollar deductible.

I pay about that price and my deductible is about 25 bucks.

So to ME... that's an expensive cost. Of course my company is probably shelling out 1/2 the cost for me, but that's my fortune.

A lot of people are not as fortunate as I am.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »
Maybe it's ok... Because it's a 5000 dollar deductible.

I pay about that price and my deductible is about 25 bucks.

So to ME... that's an expensive cost. Of course my company is probably shelling out 1/2 the cost for me, but that's my fortune.

A lot of people are not as fortunate as I am.

You will never get an arguement out of me saying health care is cheap...it isn't. It's not a right but if you have a family it's a necessity. If you want it you have to pay for it. The government is trying to make you believe that "Obamacare" will be free, it's not and it's not "free" in Canada or any other socialized country, they tax the shit out of you for worse health care so in actuality you're paying more than you ever will here.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 11:56:11 AM »
I'm not saying it's cheap... I never had... Is it better or worse? Well, that's debatable.

I'd say the "worse" healthcare is much better than having none.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe they do tax people... I get it, but I'd rather pay for some of these socialized healthcare costs for those that can't afford ANY healthcare, than I would want to pay for a war in a desert.

I'd even think we could cut back a little on some other areas of spending to pay for it.

Just a thought.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
bottom line....if Anthem decide to increase it 40%..whats to stop them from doing whatever the fuck they want??? thats the real question. How many people will have a 40% increase in their income to keep up with that shit. Paying more for health care means you lower your life standards...and that's a fact. remember we're only talking about 40%  right now..10 years from now it might as well be 80%.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
bottom line....if Anthem decide to increase it 40%..whats to stop them from doing whatever the fuck they want??? thats the real question. How many people will have a 40% increase in their income to keep up with that shit. Paying more for health care means you lower your life standards...and that's a fact. remember we're only talking about 40%  right now..10 years from now it might as well be 80%.

That's what is great about Capitalism and competition. They can do what ever they want, if they want to price themselves right out of the market then so be it. People have other options.

Sometimes you just have to cut back on the wants and put your needs as a priority. How many people are out there that claim they can't pay for health care but are rolling around in a car with $8000 rims and tires? The inner city bitch about health care but can buy drugs everyday. How much for a gram of coke or speed? $40-50.00? now times that by 30days, around $12-1500.00 per month. People need to put priorities in order.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
very intelligent response...what can I say???  ::) now I see why you think Palin is qualified to be President....u speak the exact same language  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »
very intelligent response...what can I say???  ::) now I see why you think Palin is qualified to be President....u speak the exact same language  ::)

No Danny, it's commonsense.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
My wife and I have Blue Cross and Blue shield.Those SOB's are charging us $700 per months for health insurance.I was like WTF.
I didnt mind paying $450 -$500 max, but $700 that is getting to be a dam half of a mortgage payment.
I could buy a dam BMW ,or a nice Benz with that kind of money.I might drop them this is crazy.
       that sucks but think of the old people and cripples who obama went and froze there sociasl security while he lines the pockets of bank and automobile fatcats. all the while pretending he's solving problems, he is the PROBLEM.
F

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »
When I had my gym I was paying about $438 per per employee who was covered.  I had 9 total including me.  That was about 5 years ago
No Worries 4 me

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 12:28:12 PM »
When I had my gym I was paying about $438 per per employee who was covered.  I had 9 total including me.  That was about 5 years ago

woah...that seems like a lot to me...but im not rich..

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
No Danny, it's commonsense.

if you're referring to the first part of your post yes I agree, however to imply that people that cant afford health insurance due to high cost are all drug users it's a bit of a stretch...don't you think?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
No Danny, its not a blanket statement, but there are millions of people out there who buy crap they don't need but can't (won't) pay for insurance.

underthestar

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
Where else but in America can people get away with this shit? I swear most Americans have to be brainwashed or retarded!! Even with a catastrophic policy there are conditions, they'll pay 80% of costs after your deductable, but only up until a certain momentary limit (most policies are between 10,000-15,000) so let's be generous and give you 15,000...true story.. You pay for this policy for 4 years no incidents, at 338.00 a month, and thank heavens no major incidents that's already 16,224 out of pocket...well in the 5th year your child falls and compound fractures her arm at school...ambulance ride 5800, hospital stay 6400, surgery to put plate in arm 28,700 (I still have the actual statements) total is roughly 40,900 plus some micellaneous bills and PT afterwards, with checkups... But thank god we have insurance right? 40,900-5000 deductable...should only owe 7,500 right?nope insuance only pays 80% of 15000, the rest is out of pocket! So you end up paying 29,000 out of pocket, and if you add in the 16,224 you already paid into the system, you are in the hole more than if you had just saved your money to begin with!! What a fucking scam, how fucking stupid can people be?? Thankfully when all that happened I had top of the line insuance through my employer. But had I had a catastophic policy that's what it would have been like, on the end I was still out of pocket 11,000 for everything...now imagine if it were socialized like in Britain or France? I wouldve paid roughly the same 400-500 in taxes and it would have cost me NOTHING out of pocket...oh but wait, no there must be something wrong with it, it's not making some giant corporation gobs of money so it must be inferior or flawed.. Retards

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »
Where else but in America can people get away with this shit? I swear most Americans have to be brainwashed or retarded!! Even with a catastrophic policy there are conditions, they'll pay 80% of costs after your deductable, but only up until a certain momentary limit (most policies are between 10,000-15,000) so let's be generous and give you 15,000...true story.. You pay for this policy for 4 years no incidents, at 338.00 a month, and thank heavens no major incidents that's already 16,224 out of pocket...well in the 5th year your child falls and compound fractures her arm at school...ambulance ride 5800, hospital stay 6400, surgery to put plate in arm 28,700 (I still have the actual statements) total is roughly 40,900 plus some micellaneous bills and PT afterwards, with checkups... But thank god we have insurance right? 40,900-5000 deductable...should only owe 7,500 right?nope insuance only pays 80% of 15000, the rest is out of pocket! So you end up paying 29,000 out of pocket, and if you add in the 16,224 you already paid into the system, you are in the hole more than if you had just saved your money to begin with!! What a fucking scam, how fucking stupid can people be?? Thankfully when all that happened I had top of the line insuance through my employer. But had I had a catastophic policy that's what it would have been like, on the end I was still out of pocket 11,000 for everything...now imagine if it were socialized like in Britain or France? I wouldve paid roughly the same 400-500 in taxes and it would have cost me NOTHING out of pocket...oh but wait, no there must be something wrong with it, it's not making some giant corporation gobs of money so it must be inferior or flawed.. Retards
WOAH...

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »

excellent post. For those of you interested here's a great article.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8474611.stm

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »
to him they are shitty unmotivated americans and dont deserve healthcare...they need to get off their asses and get better jobs...aint that right joe

Yeah, he's talking about guys like me who go to college, can't get any better jobs because they don't exist, and don't get health care because our current jobs are owned by money grubbing republicans.  I have allergy related asthma.  I also have a very mild kidney condition that my docs check on once per year, and they have gone on record (in the hopes of getting me more affordable coverage) saying it is something that will not cause future problems. I have to pay 400 a month  for JUST ME.  I am an example of the poor getting poorer even though I do everything the republicans say we should be doing: getting an education and working hard.  I fail to see where the system is NOT failing.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
Yeah, he's talking about guys like me who go to college, can't get any better jobs because they don't exist, and don't get health care because our current jobs are owned by money grubbing republicans.  I have allergy related asthma.  I also have a very mild kidney condition that my docs check on once per year, and they have gone on record (in the hopes of getting me more affordable coverage) saying it is something that will not cause future problems. I have to pay 400 a month  for JUST ME.  I am an example of the poor getting poorer even though I do everything the republicans say we should be doing: getting an education and working hard.  I fail to see where the system is NOT failing.
Bro...i was takin the oppositions pov....i totally know where you are coming from...my heart goes out to you because of that..this is a fucked up system...

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
Bro...i was takin the oppositions pov....i totally know where you are coming from...my heart goes out to you because of that..this is a fucked up system...

oh, i know  ;) , i'm not THAT stupid.  But think of it this way.  if i had an extra 400 a month, i'd at LEAST go out to dinner more often.  I can't think of a better way to stimulate the economy than to go to localy owned restaurants/businesses and put money into them.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »
...but if my insurance carrier knew I was going out to dinner and eating unhealthy foods, they'd probably increase my rates  :'(

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »
It's pretty fucked up how brainwashed you American's are.. this is a CRIME! Be afraid of the govt having a hand in your health care as they are doing such a horrible job with the police dept, fire dept, etc (sarcasm)

::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
If you're in college and don't have insurance you should be able to get it pretty inexpensive throught the school. If not you are can still be on your parents policy as long asd you're still in school.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
In all honesty... people who think the current system is "good" are absolutely insane.

It's "passable" at best... and only if you have the money to afford it.

People like me... We are advocating for those who are less fortunate than we are... We can make it with the current system... Many people can not. The part I so don't understand is how someone can talk about how "good" their insurance is.

It's a pay source... Nothing more.

Stop swinging from the Insurance company nuts.

You can't even bring up "competition", because there is absolutely ZERO competition when it comes to Health Insurers... Period.

You get maybe 1 -3 large ones per state... That's it.

My big question is this. Why are the Republicans so busy talking about their "proposed" solutions to healthcare now, when they had the legislative and the executive branch locked up for 8 years and didn't bother to do anything about it?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
We have Pacific Care (PPO) and pay $368.00 per month for my family. Our deductible $5000 but we're all healthy so we went for a catastrophic policy.

If two people, or a family are healthy it makes sense to have a policy like that..Having a policy that you really don't use doesn't make much sense either..

I had a 22 dollar policy from the time i was 18 to age 24..It was similar to joe's...It was all i need ed and nothing more..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »
Its ok they wont let you die just go to the emergency room, dont pay anything.