Author Topic: *JME RELATED* George W. Bush "Miss Me Yet?" Billboard Appears In Wyoming  (Read 3951 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: *JME RELATED* George W. Bush "Miss Me Yet?" Billboard Appears In Wyoming
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »
There is always some recovery after a recession but this recovery is very slow and may be stalled.  I think a lot of it has to do with unsustainable spending and too many big government solutions.  No one is touching the social security, medicare and medicaid problem and there is no end to the deficit spending in sight.  
The stimulus may have saved some jobs (primarily local/state/gov jobs and gov contractor jobs) but had a small bang for the outrageous buck spent, that needs to be paid sometime, and did not create a sustainable improvement or increase in jobs in the private sector.
Oh, unemployment taxes on businesses and employees went up this week...few people seem to have caught that.  Great way to private sector increase jobs...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »
Sorry, I meant second year of his term. I need oxygen :((

:D

Take a few deep breaths and step away from the keyboard or

Don't post so soon after doing a heavy set of squats!  ;)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »
I would never vote for someone on race only, but I do think it's positive to have a mixed race or black president...just not with an ultra leftist progressive.  Obama was elected because so many people were frustrated with Bush (and the democratic congress which has had control since 2007).

We need more moderates in government, more people that respect our tax dollars and don't try to expand federal powers so much, term limits, and less lawyers.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »
goodrum you idiot...the real unemployment rate is around 20%, the 10% number does NOT include discouraged workers who have given up on the job search and part-time job applicants.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »
goodrum you idiot...the real unemployment rate is around 20%, the 10% number does NOT include discouraged workers who have given up on the job search and part-time job applicants.

What you are referring to is underemployment and underemployment stats are a joke and most economic analysts don't even take them into account.  Most people that were making 50k were working in textiles or manufacturing however once their job was eliminated they were not able to find equal payment employment because they didn't have a college education or even a high school diploma or GED. 

Its better now than it was a year ago.  Still sucks but its not going to change overnight
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »
Do you really have short term memory loss or something? Dont' tell me that one of the biggest financial meltdowns happened after Obama took the office? Hhmmmm...maybe I'm wrong. Guess who started 2 wars and didnt pay for and 2 tax cuts that werent paid for...when was that?  ;)
"President Bill Clinton left office in 2001 with a federal budget surplus of $127 billion. President George Bush ran a deficit of $319 billion in 2005." ..you do the math.

The deficit tripled because the government had to bail out the banks and lender.  If they had all collapsed then we would have been seriously screwed.  McCain would have approved the same thing Obama did and in fact voted for the bailout along with many other Republicans.  Otherwise the bill would not have passed. 

Also the argument over this Christmas bomber is ridiculous.  Trying him in a military tribunal would give justification that he was a soldier rather than a terrorist and its being handled the same way Bush handled the Shoebox bomber. 

Sorry Coach, but the country was screwed up when Obama got it and wasn't even at rock bottom.  The President of the United States is in office for 4 years and he's only done one year.  The problems were not going to disappear in one year so get over it
A

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »

Trying him in a military tribunal would give justification that he was a soldier rather than a terrorist

no it wouldn't....

just saying that it would, dosen't make it so....

not everyone is THAT stupid....
carpe` vaginum!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
no it wouldn't....

just saying that it would, dosen't make it so....

not everyone is THAT stupid....

Military Tribunal Definition:
A military tribunal is a kind of military court designed to try members of enemy forces during wartime, operating outside the scope of conventional criminal and civil proceedings. The judges are military officers and fulfill the role of jurors. Military tribunals are distinct from courts-martial.

A military tribunal is an inquisitorial system based on charges brought by a military authority, prosecuted by a military authority, judged by military officers, and sentenced by military officers against a member of an adversarial force.

This is why President Bush tried Richard Reid (Shoebox Bomber) in regular court.  They are not military soldiers or enemy forces.  They are terrorists.  All terrorists for the past 50 years have been tried in regular court and not a military tribunal.

Terrorist are not soldiers, they don't follow the rules of engagement or Geneva Convention.  This Nigerian was not targeting US soldiers but mere civilians on an airplane from different nationalities.  Since his crime was against civilians, there's no reason to try him in a military tribunal.   
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »
Nothing like talking to another liberal drone. Can see anything president shithead has done hasn't worked but still spins it..to make even worse!!

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:42 PM »
mclame is a progressive pos also.  anyone who would bail these industries out  sucks, if you fail you fail,  all progressives did was show bad business people that they can keep doing what they wish and can always count on a bailout

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »
Time for a revolution, politicians are supposed to be public servants.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheLoner

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 08:18:26 PM »
Reality is that the US Budget for Fiscal year 2007 was 1.8 Trillion.

For Fiscal Year 2011?  3.1 Trillion.

You do the math, libs.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 04:50:15 AM »
Nothing like talking to another liberal drone. Can see anything president shithead has done hasn't worked but still spins it..to make even worse!!

All politican have to a spin to their speeches whether Democrat or Republican.  If their was a Republican in office, then you would still have the same complaints.  Every party spins and twist the truth to their own advantage, Coach.

No political party is honest and just.  They are only out for themselves and no one else
A