Author Topic: Climate-gate grows as main scientist admits data was "not well organized."  (Read 1004 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits vital...
dailymail.co.uk ^ | 13th February 2010 | Jonathan Petre

Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:46:44 PM by neverdem

________________________ ________________________ __________________

Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits vital data was not well organised

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.

Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’.

The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made.

Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he...

--snip--

He also agreed that there had been two periods which experienced similar warming, from 1910 to 1940 and from 1975 to 1998, but said these could be explained by natural phenomena whereas more recent warming could not.

He further admitted that in the last 15 years there had been no ‘statistically significant’ warming, although he argued this was a blip rather than the long-term trend...

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

________________________ ________________________ _____

Come on TA, KC, Mons, Blacken, and others - do you still have faith in these shysters? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Climate-gate grows as main scientist admits data was "not well organized."
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:57:12 AM »
sounds like he was threaten into changing his mind, but thats how the right works if they don't like the measage they threaten you or as in abortion doctors they kill them

THE scientist at the centre of the “climategate” email scandal has revealed that he was so traumatised by the global backlash against him that he contemplated suicide.

Professor Phil Jones said in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Times that he had thought about killing himself “several times”. He acknowledged similarities to Dr David Kelly, the scientist who committed suicide after being exposed as the source for a BBC report that alleged the government had “sexed up” evidence to justify the invasion of Iraq.

In emails that were hacked into and seized upon by global-warming sceptics before the Copenhagen climate summit in December, Jones appeared to call upon his colleagues to destroy scientific data rather than release it to people intent on discrediting their work monitoring climate change.

Jones, 57, said he was unprepared for the scandal: “I am just a scientist. I have no training in PR or dealing with crises.”

Background
The IPCC's Synthesis Report (See section 3.3.2)
International Institute for Sustainable Development - report on how climate change might affect crop yields
Climate change speech by Ban Ki-Moon, UN secretary-general
Related Links
The leak was bad. Then came the death threats
Scientist says UN panel is losing credibility
The incident has taken a severe toll on his health. He has lost more than a stone in weight and disclosed he is on beta-blockers and using sleeping pills. He said the support of his family, and especially the love of his five-year-old granddaughter, had helped him to shake off suicidal thoughts: “I wanted to see her grow up.”

He remains at risk, still receiving death threats from around the world including two in the past week: “I was shocked. People said I should go and kill myself. They said that they knew where I lived. They were coming from all over the world.”

Jones has temporarily stood down as director of the climatic research unit at the University of East Anglia. He fiercely defends the unit’s science — “I stand by it 100%” — but now accepts that he did not treat Freedom of Information (FoI) requests for the data as seriously as he should have done. Jones believes that the unit was maliciously targeted with multiple FoI requests by climate change sceptics determined to disrupt its work.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »
must be hard to be so angry all the time,what a life you must lead.hey just think 7 more years ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
You are smoking crack if you think obama is gonna get re elected.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 06:09:50 AM »
he will if these morons run palin, as Joe Namath said i guarantee it

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »
i can post articles that say the opposite, the problem with you is you look for the ones that fit your agenda and post them as fact, you do it all the time

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:39:42 AM »
The e-mails do show a few scientists talking frankly among themselves — sometimes being rude, dismissive, insular, or even behaving like jerks. Whether they show anything beyond that is still in doubt. An investigation is being conducted by East Anglia University, and the head of CRU, Phil Jones, has "stepped aside" until it is completed. However, many of the e-mails that are being held up as "smoking guns" have been misrepresented by global-warming skeptics eager to find evidence of a conspiracy. And even if they showed what the critics claim, there remains ample evidence that the earth is getting warmer.

Even as the affair was unfolding, the World Meteorological Organization announced on Dec. 8 that the 2000-2009 decade would likely be the warmest on record, and that 2009 might be the fifth warmest year ever recorded. (The hottest year on record was 1998.) This conclusion is based not only on the CRU data that critics are now questioning, but also incorporates data from the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). All three organizations synthesized data from many sources.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 07:47:39 AM »
Nice cut and paste job.  Who taught you that?  TA?

________________________ ________________________ _____
just because you add
Come on TA, KC, Mons, Blacken, and others - do you still have faith in these shysters?  doesn't mean you didn't cut and paste you post, you are a right wing hypocrite

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »
if you couldn't see mine was an article, well your not to smart but we all ready knew that,hell you did say you were going to vote for palin in 2012 :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
if you couldn't see mine was an article, well your not to smart but we all ready knew that,hell you did say you were going to vote for palin in 2012 :D :D

Ummmm, before you criticize 333386's lack of smarts, brush up on your ENGLISH and GRAMMAR.

It's "YOU'RE not TOO smart", not "your not to smart".

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:41:31 AM »

sorry preacher boy don't you have to go read the bible or speak in tongues ;D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »
must be hard to be so angry all the time,what a life you must lead.

Yeah, coming from the guy who hates Palin so much he's got to put up 5 threads a day to bash her.  What's it like to be so upset and have her dominating your thoughts all the time?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D i just like to torment you palin lovers :D :D :D :D :D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
i have a more serious question

can obama flap his ears?

carpe` vaginum!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »

sorry preacher boy don't you have to go read the bible or speak in tongues ;D

One would have to be Pentecostal to interpret the foolishness you keep spouting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
i did already what is it with you are you just playing dumb or are you really that dumb ???

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
the problem with you is you think your always right, but i hate to tell you goofball your far from it  ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
Crickets. ;D