Author Topic: Bret Hart's Wardrobe  (Read 13120 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Bret Hart's Wardrobe
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:21:51 PM »
Caught a bit of WWE Raw A.M.

It was good to see Bret, but, the guy is 50+ and still wearing a black-t w/ a logo, jean shorts and a leather jacket.

He looked ridiculous.

Now, this is a well-dressed older man:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Bret Hart's Wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:53:41 AM »

It was good to see Bret, but, the guy is 50+ and still wearing a black-t w/ a logo, jean shorts and a leather jacket.

He looked ridiculous.

Flair always wore/wears top of the line suits.
Taker always wore/wears the trench coat, gloves & hat.
Bret always came to the ring in either his gear, a Calgary Hitmen hockey jersey, or the ensemble you mentioned above.

I actually expected him to appear in the type of wardrobe he did.
But, I agree with you that it would have been nice to maybe see him come out in some “regular” street clothes, and then, when he gets actively involved in an angle, have him come out in the denim shorts & biker jacket – old school-like.

Unless maybe that is normal attire for Bret!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:53:16 AM »

Unless maybe that is normal attire for Bret!

That's how it looked.

Bret was coming out to talk, not wrestle. What made it even worse was Vince, then, coming out in a $2k suit.

Brett's character is not as gimmicky as the Undertaker's. So, it wouldn't have appeared odd to see Bret come out in a blazer, button shirt, and slacks. IMO, had he done that, he would've come across as a WWE elder statesman, as opposed to another over-the-hill wrestler, pretending he's still in his prime.

Here's "normal" attire for the Undertaker. I'm guessing this was taken after a show.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
Oh, totally.
I mentioned Flair's & Taker's regular apparel strictly in reference to the context of “show” attire (although, I know Ric dresses pretty slick 365 days/yr).

But, yeah - something more age appropriate for Bret would have been nice.
Then he could've worn the biker jacket & hockey jersey for a street fight with Vince or something.

I've fallen a bit behind with current news. What are the latest rumored plans for Bret/Vince at Mania?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

He looked ridiculous.

Now, this is a well-dressed older man:

yeah i found that funny as well he looked like a slob, you'd think that after all these years he would have bought regular clothes much like stu hart wore.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
I'll bet money WWE will re-release the Hitman shades as part of their "legends" section on the merchandise page.
Then, when the new DVD comes out, they'll offer a T-shirt, DVD, sunglasses package.

I still have my Hitman shades from 1989. They're all beat up - scratched, crimped (cheap mylar) and the foam lining around the edges has disintigrated, but I could never bring myself to throw them out.
 8)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:59 PM »

I've fallen a bit behind with current news. What are the latest rumored plans for Bret/Vince at Mania?

On the show, they certainly were setting it up.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:47 AM »
You guys have to remember that they dress britaining to their role / charactor. Wouldn't it be funny not to mention ridiculous to see the Undertaker in a suit & tie?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
You guys have to remember that they dress britaining to their role / charactor. Wouldn't it be funny not to mention ridiculous to see the Undertaker in a suit & tie?

The Undertaker is a unique character. There's never been another modern-day main event wrestler with such an over-the-top gimmick that has lasted for so long.

Brett Hart, on the other hand, doesn't really have a character. Sure, he has a nickname and wore a certain type of get up to the ring, but, he's was most known for his in-ring work, "The Excellence of Execution." So, coming to the ring nicely dressed wouldn't have looked strange. He doesn't have to take it to Flair level, just don't look like a vagrant.

The look he had just doesn't work on a 50+ year old man.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 04:50:26 AM »
How silly would he look in a suit though. It's totally not his character.

This is from a book signing. Sure looks a lot better than he did on Raw.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 05:28:39 AM »
This is from a book signing. Sure looks a lot better than he did on Raw.

Its amazing how when you meet a pro wrestler how much bigger they are in real life.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:50:59 AM »
Bret still looks good. Even has all his hair.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way he dresses. But I am a little surprised that he would take part in such a gay ass angle such as pretending to be struck by a car.

Whenever the WWE orchestrates an angle that has serious tones to it where it involves stretchers and ambulances, it makes me cringe in embarrassment. It just looks so phony and stupid. Then when the announcers pretend like they're stunned and shocked(almost like someone just died) from what just happened is ridiculous.

I continue to watch wrestling on occassion because I want the quality to get better. But it doesn't get better. WWE just continues to suck. Man, I miss the 80's and 90's.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »
Bret still looks good. Even has all his hair.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way he dresses. But I am a little surprised that he would take part in such a gay ass angle such as pretending to be struck by a car.

Whenever the WWE orchestrates an angle that has serious tones to it where it involves stretchers and ambulances, it makes me cringe in embarrassment. It just looks so phony and stupid. Then when the announcers pretend like they're stunned and shocked(almost like someone just died) from what just happened is ridiculous.

I continue to watch wrestling on occassion because I want the quality to get better. But it doesn't get better. WWE just continues to suck. Man, I miss the 80's and 90's.
I loved the 90's attitude era. With Austin, the middle fingers, the beer baths, the Rock and his promos, etc. Now its all PG shit that really hurts.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:57:08 AM »
Maybe after the Connecticut senate elections in Nov. the content will improve.

It's been a while since anything bad has brought MAJOR heat on the fed.
Usually, distance (time) is Vince's friend.
After everybody "forgot" about the negative press from the steroid & sex scandals of the early 90's, Vince gave us the Attitude Era.

I think enough media attention has left the Benoit tragedy, and publicly noted fines/suspensions/firings have assured the masses that Vince has "cracked down hard" on the drug use in his company.

Vince knows what sells.
He knows what he's got to do.
It's only a matter of time.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
Maybe after the Connecticut senate elections in Nov. the content will improve.

It's been a while since anything bad has brought MAJOR heat on the fed.
Usually, distance (time) is Vince's friend.
After everybody "forgot" about the negative press from the steroid & sex scandals of the early 90's, Vince gave us the Attitude Era.

I think enough media attention has left the Benoit tragedy, and publicly noted fines/suspensions/firings have assured the masses that Vince has "cracked down hard" on the drug use in his company.

Vince knows what sells.
He knows what he's got to do.
It's only a matter of time.

What sells is sex and violence, plain and simple. More tits and ass, more quality wrestling, more cussing and adult related storylines.......bring back the attitude era but put a little extra spit shine on it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
The old man only tones it down when, and for as long as, he has to.

I predict the fans will reclaim what they so desperately want - sooner rather than later.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 05:06:49 AM »
Yes, I miss the days of steroid monster wrestlers.

Where's The Warlord when you really need him?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 05:18:30 AM »
The Warlord was freakin HUGE and still is to this day. He runs a security company in Florida and still makes speriodic appearances in wrestling.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »
It was awesome when Hulkster tuned him up and eliminated him from the Rumble in like 5 seconds!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
Hulkster was only my hero up until he lost at Mania 6 to the Ultimate Warrior. To me he was never the same after that loss.
I was live at that event and let me tell you....the crowd was 90 % for Hogan and 10% for Warrior. Not like the WWE would lead you to believe. When Hogan was leaving the arena on the little wrestling ring cart, everyone was watching Hogan leave instead of watching the "new champ" in the ring.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
Warrior wasn't ready for that.
As a transitional champion, maybe...and that was ultimately how he wound up being used.
But, I think Vince was banking on getting a lot more mileage out of the UW character.

Of course, it wasn't until after the title win that everyone found out what an asshole Hellwig is - or at least, turned into.
That usually doesn't have a healthy influence on the office's decision to push you.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 09:13:23 AM »
What was the main reason for Hulkster to drop the belt in the first place? He still had his size and star power. There was tons of guys he could have fueded with while Warrior stayed IC champ for a bit longer. As soon as Warrior became champ he started wearing different face paint and changed his hair. How dumb did he look at Mania against Hogan. New hair style and the Warrior symbol on his chest. Still cannot believe Hogan missed that leg drop and got pinned. What a shocker that was for me.
Warrior was getting a huge push at the time and VKM excpected to get more out of Warrior. I hated the fact that Hogan lost that match to Warrior and it bothers me to this day.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
As well as me. Terrible day for the Hulkamaniacs.
Hogan could have still run as champ after WM6. It was only 1990 and he didn't take a sabatical away from the company until 1992. The worst part was that Warrior didn't appreciate it. Hogan made Warrior with that match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »
Hellwig winning that belt from anybody else would not have meant as much as it did coming from Hogan.
Think about it…
How many people has Hulkster jobbed to at Mania?

I suspect that Vince was also trying to send a bit of a message to Hogan (as well as the rest of the locker room) – anybody can be replaced.
The old man liked to keep his workers in check, and what better way to do that than to remind them that even the “golden child” himself - Hulk Bollea - is expendable.

Too bad "Dingo Jim" blew it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 05:28:17 AM »
It would have been great if Hulkster beat him in a rematch. That would have taken away some of my pain.
He actually did but in WCW and in the worst match I have ever witnessed as a big wrestling fan. It really stunk up the air. It was no where near the decent match they had at WM26.