Author Topic: *** R.I.P. ORIGINAL SIN ***  (Read 109039 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: *** R.I.P. ORIGINAL SIN ***
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
Wow!  I can't believe this.  Life is so fragile.  RIP Racquel.
w

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
Wow!  I can't believe this.  Life is so fragile.  RIP Racquel.

I think she was a wise old soul.

:'(
:

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2010, 05:20:51 AM »
My condolences to her family and to those that cared for her.

rocky

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
footloose and fancy free

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2010, 10:28:56 AM »
i still cannot believe it....

may she rest in peace
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2010, 11:45:10 AM »
i still cannot believe it....

may she rest in peace

Why do you think some of us are taking it really hard?  I mean, none of us knows eachother ~ really.  Is it because she was "one of us"? Because of the manner in which she passed? Because she was so young? Because she knew something was wrong and was scared, so she died in fear?  Because she trusted the medical profession and they let her down? Because it reminds us of our own mortality?  All of the above?  I haven't been this disturbed by a death in a long time  :'(
:

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
Why do you think some of us are taking it really hard?  I mean, none of us knows eachother ~ really.  Is it because she was "one of us"? Because of the manner in which she passed? Because she was so young? Because she knew something was wrong and was scared, so she died in fear?  Because she trusted the medical profession and they let her down? Because it reminds us of our own mortality?  All of the above?  I haven't been this disturbed by a death in a long time  :'(

Some of us do know each other and have also met, Princess L. :) You and I met at the Arnold, at one point there were pics. Toxy and I, despite his being painfully girly in many, many..... many areas, are very close friends.

Racqual was fun, genuine, carried herself well, often gave interesting perspectives on stuff, and really seemed like good people.

Racquel being missed on a forum (where people don't know each other intimately in most cases) speaks volumes for the loss family and friends must be feeling.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »
Terrible news.
As empty as paradise

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:24 PM »
All of the above.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2010, 07:17:15 AM »

her and I used t talk thru PM back n forth...as friends...telling jokes etc...

for me it kinda hits home because my girl has renal faliure and is on constant dylasis
carpe` vaginum!

newmom

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »
sorry to hear that Toxic, I hope she gets well

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »
It is because the Internet is a real place we do get attachments to, grow fond of or dislike and even hate people who we meet on the internet.
The emotions are real and it is never "Just the internet"
We all grew fond of OS and our feelings are normal emotions to that.
I am shocked........... I liked her and I am sad she is gone.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: R.I.P. Original Sin
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »
She was a larger then life person and I am sorry you never met her in real life, she was a lighthouse burning in a room full of candles."

The above statement really nails it for me. No matter what Racq said, or even it just being via PM/email, she just stood out from 99.8% of the people I've ever come across in my life.

I've sat back for two weeks now trying to understand why someone that I've never met in my life has had this effect on me. And I just cannot. I can't wrap my head around it; the situation, her passing...it's like a void has been left in my mind. And again I can't figure out why.

As a great friend of mine said the other day: "This has truly rocked me." 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »
Some of us do know each other and have also met, Princess L. :) You and I met at the Arnold, at one point there were pics. Toxy and I, despite his being painfully girly in many, many..... many areas, are very close friends.

I haven't forgotten Mr. (James Earl)Jones or is it Mr. (Barry)White? ;)  Maybe Toxy helps you stay in touch with your feminine side.

her and I used t talk thru PM back n forth...as friends...telling jokes etc...

for me it kinda hits home because my girl has renal faliure and is on constant dylasis

Sorry to hear that.  Is she waiting for a transplant?
:

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
I haven't forgotten Mr. (James Earl)Jones or is it Mr. (Barry)White? ;)  Maybe Toxy helps you stay in touch with your feminine side.

Sorry to hear that.  Is she waiting for a transplant?

I get both of those pretty often.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »
sorry to hear that Toxic, I hope she gets well

thankyou
carpe` vaginum!

AVBG

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »
I think it may be a good idea if Carl and Aaron could do a tribute on off topic with the people that knew her.. Maybe get Jack London, Laura, Stella and youngblood to share stories about what they knew of Raquel.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2010, 02:55:26 AM »
This is sad news. I never spoke to her directly, but really enjoyed her contribution to the board. She was a very fun, intelligent, light hearted person.. & her presence here will be missed. RIP Racquel.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »
That's terrible!

I kept seeing this thread, but I just thought it was like the dumb threads I start when someone is inactive for a while.

Sorry to hear, god be with her family!  :(
S

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »
I think it may be a good idea if Carl and Aaron could do a tribute on off topic with the people that knew her.. Maybe get Jack London, Laura, Stella and youngblood to share stories about what they knew of Raquel.

I think Jack, Youngblood and Laura knew her a lot better than I did but she really enjoyed listening to Carl and Aaron's radio show.  

In fact in one of her PMs she was in the hospital hooked up to bags w/meds waiting to find out more.  And she said "We wait, and listen to Carl and Aaron from offtopic to cheer me up."

(I'm not one to share PMs but I don't think she'd mind me sharing her words there)

R

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »
I think Jack, Youngblood and Laura knew her a lot better than I did but she really enjoyed listening to Carl and Aaron's radio show.  

I wouldn't say I knew her well, she did share some things with me and I think they were private but I'm not sure if I was any more privy to that information than the next person, and certainly don't think I knew her  well enough to be on a radio show saying I knew more than anyone else.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
She and I go back several years (on getbig) and shared a few personal stories.  She was more than just words on a computer to us all, which is a very good thing.  Like someone else said...most of us forget that there are people on the other side of this screen. 

I now add Racq to my memory bank, alongside Billy Carpenter ... getbigger friends that I'll truly miss.   :'(
:D Weee

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
I'm sorry to be so late posting my condolences in this thread.  I haven't been around much lately, and I was so sorry to hear about this.  Very sad news.  She was always a great member of this board and will be missed.   :(

:)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
How very sad... :'(

My prayers go out to her family and friends....
Jennifer

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »
she was one of the wisest im sad to hear she is gone i was lucky to have had a few conversations i still cant believe it  :(