Author Topic: *** R.I.P. ORIGINAL SIN ***  (Read 109044 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: *** R.I.P. ORIGINAL SIN ***
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  Is she waiting for a transplant?

whether it happens or not...in 2 yrs time when i'm done with my studies and have a job and am secure...i'm gonna sign up for a kidney swap...

someone else gets mine and she gets one...recovery is quick...so i should be able to get back to work in a few weeks time...
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
whether it happens or not...in 2 yrs time when i'm done with my studies and have a job and am secure...i'm gonna sign up for a kidney swap...

someone else gets mine and she gets one...recovery is quick...so i should be able to get back to work in a few weeks time...

Recovery is quick for the recipient, but I've heard it's not so quick for the donor - at least that's what someone I know who did it said.  Either way, that's a very nice thing for you to do. 
:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »

Recovery is quick for the recipient, but I've heard it's not so quick for the donor - at least that's what someone I know who did it said.  Either way, that's a very nice thing for you to do. 

she is my girl....i'll have to find a way cause...being a CCIE i'll be on call all the time....

maybe i'll work for a bit and then quit my job and not work for a bit....

carpe` vaginum!

w8m8

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:35 AM »
People touch our lives for reasons we may not understand

Most certainly she's touched many and we were lucky

Rest in Peace

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »
Kinda sad that she's not here to see all the nice things posted about her.  We all have a tendancy to think we are owed another day/week/month/year when in fact each one is a gift.  I'm sorry that she had to pass to know that we "as people" consider her as a person and not just a bunch of letters appearing on our monitors. 

So much hatred in the world and on these boards, but I want you all to know that you have all touched my life in a very special way and although I may not know you personally, I do consider you (most of you, lol) my friends.  You have supported me and helped me get through a lot in the 5 years that I've been here and I thank you.

xoxo

Life is fragile and short.  Take the time to let those you care about know that you do care.  You never know if you'll ever get the opportunity again.
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
Kinda sad that she's not here to see all the nice things posted about her.  We all have a tendancy to think we are owed another day/week/month/year when in fact each one is a gift.  I'm sorry that she had to pass to know that we "as people" consider her as a person and not just a bunch of letters appearing on our monitors. 

So much hatred in the world and on these boards, but I want you all to know that you have all touched my life in a very special way and although I may not know you personally, I do consider you (most of you, lol) my friends.  You have supported me and helped me get through a lot in the 5 years that I've been here and I thank you.

xoxo

Life is fragile and short.  Take the time to let those you care about know that you do care.  You never know if you'll ever get the opportunity again.

Excellent post.  Ditto all of this!
R

w8m8

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2010, 06:36:32 AM »
Excellent post.  Ditto all of this!

x2

there are wonderful people here

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
RIP very sad news.........she was cool as hell..

bench

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »
R.I.P.

8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »
Oh man... Just saw this.

She will be missed.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »
Wow this is shocking..we would email back and forth all the time as she would ask me about psychology and other things...she was such a smartass of which would have me in tears laughing sometimes. I knew of some of her struggles and her attitude towards it was most courageous. I sent this quote to her a while back and she said it really gave her strength. Now that she is at peace, I dedicate this post, this quote to OS.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

RIP Raq...you are missed.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: R.I.P. Original Sin
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »
Repeat for those who are just learning of the terrible news.

The following information was provided by Racquel's brother:

"Please feel free to post anything I have mentioned, I see no reason why not.

There seems to be a lot of curiosity of what happened so you can post this as well if you like.

Racquel was having vision, balance and concentration problems.  They weren't too bad but bad enough to get looked at.
The doctors found a brain tumor and it really needed to be removed.  One can always tell in Canada how bad something medical is on the speed you are scheduled for surgery.  After Racquel decided to have her surgery she was on the table within a week.  She tried to remain positive because she really hated people worrying about her.  During the operation she started hemorraging and they couldn't stop it, she basically bled to death."

"Thank you for the kind wishes and very nice thoughts about Racquel.  She was one of those people you only meet once in a life time.
Yes, she was extremely smart, far to smart for her own good at times.  I called those times growing up with her :-)  but I do cherish all of the time we had together.

She used to have the cutest way of pouting. it always made me laugh.  She even used it up to her very last day just to ease every bodies minds prior to her surgery.
It will be one of my fondest memories of her.  Racquel went through some rough times as of late but during it we got closer to each other then we ever had before.

There was such an age gap between us that we didn't spend much time together when she was younger.  I had moved out on my own when she was only 8 years old.
but the last several years we spent a lot of time on my deck just talking and laughing.  She became kind of sheltered after her breakdown as a Paramedic but the last year or so
she seemed to be dealing with it and was getting the smile she always had back.  It was really nice to see her enjoying life again.

She gave up dancing almost a year ago and just spent the time traveling and doing all the things that she really liked to do.  She talked about getting a degree in Psychology but was just unsure of what field she wanted to pursue.  I told her once that she was just trying to be like her older brother and collect a few degrees for the fancy letters you get to put on the business card.
She laughed at me and said "If I was trying to be like you I would have to climb to the highest branch of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... twice".  LOL  

She passed on enjoying life again and being happy.
It is nice to think of her living in eternity like that.  Much better then her throwing her hands on her hips, tilting her head and sticking her bottom lip out at God until she got her way. :-)

We shall all miss Racquel in our own way, she was a larger then life person and I am sorry you never met her in real life, she was a lighthouse burning in a room full of candles."

:

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2010, 11:42:04 AM »
Wow! Just got the message today and I am speechless and taken aback! 3 death notices in the span of 4 days is too much for me to comment on right now! R.I.P. my friend!

HM!
W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »
Just found out.

I am so very sorry. :'(
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »
RIP!  My prayers are with her brother and the rest of her family and friends!    :'(

Her last words on getbig:

Happy B'day Rip...

Nice cake Stells....

Tombstones?? Rip is only 28! (I think) what does Migs, Youngblood, Laura or even you get on your cakes now??
DUST??   ;D ;D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2010, 11:33:24 AM »
RIP!  My prayers are with her brother and the rest of her family and friends!    :'(

Her last words on getbig:

I still think of her  :'(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
I still think of her  :'(

Me too. 

loco, I didn't realize that.  I just checked my last PM from her and it was the same day about 20 minutes before that.

Reading her last PM =  :'(

R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
same here.  I was deleting text messges from my phone when I came across one of hers.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »

Awhile back, I told STella this, I was flipping through channels on my TV and the movie "Original Sin" was on. I saw that and my heart just instantly sank again.

:'(

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
I was going to post this after her fridge pic    :'(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 06:16:20 AM »
It was brought to my attention it is Racquel's birthday.  A reminder of the fragility of life.  A reminder to pray for her friends and family as this could be a rough day for them. :(
R

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »
It was brought to my attention it is Racquel's birthday.  A reminder of the fragility of life.  A reminder to pray for her friends and family as this could be a rough day for them. :(

:'(
TEAM LAURA LEE!

newmom

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »

RIP OS, truely sad indeed

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2011, 06:20:19 AM »
This was nearly a year ago, I cant believe it

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
This was nearly a year ago, I cant believe it

Yeah :(, thought we'd leave it stickied for a year.
R