Author Topic: Romney threatened with violence on flight  (Read 453 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Romney threatened with violence on flight
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »

Source: CNN

(CNN) – Even former presidential candidates are subject to the occasional annoyances of air travel.

A passenger seated in front of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's wife became "physically violent" when the former Republican presidential candidate asked the passenger to move his seat in a more upright position.

The incident occurred Monday when the Romneys were headed from Vancouver, Canada to Los Angeles on an Air Canada flight, according to spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

In a statement to CNN, Fehrnstrom said "Romney did not retaliate, but instead allowed the airline crew to respond to the incident."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Romney threatened with violence on flight
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »
hahahhhaha Mitt's not my favorite after he probably used that earpiece for answers in the debate....  But this cracked me up...

I'm a couple weeks late on this story, but it bears repeating. According to Time Magazine, and itchmo.com, Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney tied his family dog's crate to the roof of the car for a 12 hour trip on the road.

It was 1983 and Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor and now presidential candidate, was going on a vacation with his family. The family was driving from Boston to Ontario, and Seamus, the dog, was also coming along for the trip.

Where did Romney put Seamus? Romney strapped a dog carrier with Seamus, an Irish setter, in it, to the roof of the family station wagon for the twelve hour drive. Fortunately, Seamus survived the long trip on the top of the car, although he protested being on top by releasing his bodily fluids on the car.

Massachusetts's animal cruelty laws specifically prohibit anyone from carrying an animal "in or upon a vehicle, or otherwise, in an unnecessarily cruel or inhuman manner or in a way and manner which might endanger the animal carried thereon."

An officer for the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals responded to a description of the situation saying "it's definitely something I'd want to check out." The officer, Nadia Branca, declined to give a definitive opinion on whether Romney broke the law but did note that it's against state law to have a dog in an open bed of a pick-up truck, and "if the dog was being carried in a way that endangers it, that would be illegal."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Romney threatened with violence on flight
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
Sounds like Clark Grizwald.