Author Topic: Palin lashes out at `Family Guy'  (Read 2157 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Palin lashes out at `Family Guy'
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Palin lashes out at `Family Guy'
By BECKY BOHRER, Associated Press Writer

(02-17) 03:27 PST JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) --

Sarah Palin is lashing out at the portrayal of a character with Down syndrome on the Fox animated comedy "Family Guy."

In a Facebook posting headlined "Fox Hollywood — What a Disappointment," the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and current Fox News contributor said Sunday night's episode felt like "another kick in the gut." Palin's youngest son, Trig, has Down syndrome.

The episode features the character Chris falling for a girl with Down syndrome. On a date, he asks what her parents do.

She replies: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

Palin resigned as Alaska governor last summer.

Palin's oldest daughter, Bristol, also was quoted on her mother's Facebook page, calling the show's writers "heartless jerks."

"When you're the son or daughter of a public figure, you have to develop thick skin. My siblings and I all have that, but insults directed at our youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent," she is quoted as saying.

"If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed," Bristol Palin added in the Monday posting. "All they proved is that they're heartless jerks."

Palin wrote that she'd asked her daughter what she thought of the show and Bristol's reply was "a much more restrained and gracious statement than I want to make about an issue that begs the question: When is enough enough?"

This isn't the first time Palin has spoken out over an attack, real or perceived, on her family. Last year, she condemned a joke David Letterman made about her daughter, for which he later apologized.

A "Family Guy" publicist didn't immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Palin lashes out at `Family Guy'
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:56:26 AM »
Good for her - these people are vile pigs.  Its on the reasons I watch no TV other than yankees and a little cnbc.   

November 2010 - EVERYTHING CHANGES. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »
I don't agree with Family Guy writing about her family.  But i thought satire was allowed? Family guy is satire is it not? Or is satire only when a republican like rush says something.  
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
I don't agree with Family Guy writing about her family.  But i thought satire was allowed? Family guy is satire is it not? Or is satire only when a republican like rush says something.  

GMAFB - a child w issues like this is fair game for satire? 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »
Isn’t Family Guy on the FOX network?  The same network that hired Palin to be a talking head?  Maybe she should have taken her objections in house.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
Isn’t Family Guy on the FOX network?  The same network that hired Palin to be a talking head?  Maybe she should have taken her objections in house.

I dont think the writers all consult w each other.  Either way, its disgusting.

But now, what you dont get, is that Mama Bear is going to go on the attack again and get a few scalps again. 

I love this meltdown by the crass leftwing scum like this.   

By November 2010 - we are going to have a reckoning like you cant believe and that will be just the start.         

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:15 PM »

Except in the case of Don Imus I guess.THEN its a real issue right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:41 PM »
family guy = scum, no doubt about it.  they do topics like this weekly - it's not a kids show - it's an intentionally politically incorrect SHOCK show.

however, it is odd that Palin is okay with Rush calling people "retards" all the time...  

Her exact quote was "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh"

You can't be okay with it when the word "retard" is used to label a group you don't like, then offended when a shock comedy show like family guy does it.  The word is wrong to use to label people ALL THE TIME, or it's alright all the time.  one or the other.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 01:26:09 PM »
that episode was awesome, you guys need to get off your anti-everything pedestal and have a few good laughs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:30:23 PM »
that episode was awesome, you guys need to get off your anti-everything pedestal and have a few good laughs.
BOOM

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
BOOM

Lets see your reaction when they refer to Barry as a monkey or communist college dope addict.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
Lets see your reaction when they refer to Barry as a monkey or communist college dope addict.   

I dont care...i still believe in the first ammendment to the fullest..there are people who put their lives on the line for it...

And for the record (you werent on here) but during the Don Imus thing...i totally agreed with Don Imus and his usage of the free speech in the media...Also i rebuked al sharpton for calling for his job because it goes against what this country was made of...So you can do the race shit all you want...Im American my man... Im a beast.. I can care less about what anyone says about my color, i give a shit about green...which is what all the dumb ass chicken shit retard caveman racists dont get through their heads...

So in closing...lol...i dont give a shit about anyone says about anyone else...if family guy should be pulled off the air...the sponsors will speak...how about that cha cha

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 01:49:30 PM »
family guy = scum, no doubt about it.  they do topics like this weekly - it's not a kids show - it's an intentionally politically incorrect SHOCK show.

however, it is odd that Palin is okay with Rush calling people "retards" all the time...  

Her exact quote was "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh"

You can't be okay with it when the word "retard" is used to label a group you don't like, then offended when a shock comedy show like family guy does it.  The word is wrong to use to label people ALL THE TIME, or it's alright all the time.  one or the other.

Rush used the term as a mockery of Rahm using the term.Once again,you defend libs but knock conservatives,and wrongly as usual,and then you get on here and claim your a conservative.Rush is a man on the radio who uses irony to make points,Rahm is Obamas right hand man getting paid by us!If you cant see the difference its no wonder you think Maddow and Biden are smart.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
Family Guy is a cartoon that uses satire and comedy to mock situations - this was no doubt a response to the recent Rush/Rahm stinkup.

I bet you $5 if we could find a beck or Rush tape using the word - and she wouldn't condemn it.  She is selectively offended.  partisan BS.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »
Maybe because Rush used the word in response to Rahm's vulgar behavior?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
Maybe because Rush used the word in response to Rahm's vulgar behavior?

I dont care...i still believe in the first ammendment to the fullest..there are people who put their lives on the line for it...

And for the record (you werent on here) but during the Don Imus thing...i totally agreed with Don Imus and his usage of the free speech in the media...Also i rebuked al sharpton for calling for his job because it goes against what this country was made of...So you can do the race shit all you want...Im American my man... Im a beast.. I can care less about what anyone says about my color, i give a shit about green...which is what all the dumb ass chicken shit retard caveman racists dont get through their heads...

So in closing...lol...i dont give a shit about anyone says about anyone else...if family guy should be pulled off the air...the sponsors will speak...how about that cha cha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
and family guy used this skit as a response to her, obviously, 2 weeks after the public stinkup.

They were wrong to use the term.  So was rush, so was Rahm.

Excusing it = spinless.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
who the hell cares what palin thinks, it a fucking cartoon ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »

I dont think they should be pulled off the air either, but that does not mean people should not call them out of tasteless vulgar garbage either.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
Family Guy is a cartoon that uses satire and comedy to mock situations - this was no doubt a response to the recent Rush/Rahm stinkup.

I bet you $5 if we could find a beck or Rush tape using the word - and she wouldn't condemn it.  She is selectively offended.  partisan BS.

Your being silly.The episode didnt just say retard.It DIRECTLY mocked "the former governor of Alaska" who happens to have a down syndrome kid.However,in my opinion,Palin is being silly.The character is a girl,NOT A BOY so its not mocking her son.Number two,Family Guy kills EVERYONE ,to get upset makes you look stupid and very very thin skinned.So,she,in my opinion,is being a thin skinned cry baby.

But to compare Rahm to Rush is just as silly.Rahm is a government employee with huge power getting paid by tax payers.Rush is an entertainer/political commentator.In fact,Rush is actually an independent contractor as he distributes his show  to hundeads of networks without really being employed by any one company.Its his network, the EIB.In my opinion,name calling is fine,I simply dont get offended,but if your going to have one standard for Trent Lott then that same standard needs to be applied to all.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
GMAFB - a child w issues like this is fair game for satire? 

Not at all.  But Rush went on and on about retard and the use of the word and he got a pass, Rahm Emanual didn't because and i roughly quote 'rush uses satire'.  Here is a show all about satire and she has an issue with it.  why didn't she also have an issue with rush's satire?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
who the hell cares what palin thinks, it a fucking cartoon ;D

Its her fucking kid to lying communist POFS plagerist.  Of course she cares about it you kneepadding lewinsky. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
Anyone think maybe it wasn't directed at her child Trig but in fact at Palin herself being a retard?  I mean we all know she's not a smart woman and she won't get 'any scalps' either.  what you think fox will cancel family guy? give me a break.  They'll probably get a raise and more viewers the more she talks about it the more they'll attack her.  She's toast. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Anyone think maybe it wasn't directed at her child Trig but in fact at Palin herself being a retard?  I mean we all know she's not a smart woman and she won't get 'any scalps' either.  what you think fox will cancel family guy? give me a break.  They'll probably get a raise and more viewers the more she talks about it the more they'll attack her.  She's toast. 

Ha Ha.  Hysterical. 

NJ, VA, MA first. 

Dorgan/Dodd/Bayh retiring

The left wing circuis act is finsihed in November 2010. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »
and family guy used this skit as a response to her, obviously, 2 weeks after the public stinkup.

They were wrong to use the term.  So was rush, so was Rahm.

Excusing it = spinless.

no they werent...because this is america..and in america you have free speach..Just like Imus, Just like 50 cent and everyone...no calling of the jobs