Author Topic: Jobless claims rise  (Read 815 times)

James

Jobless claims rise
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:55:07 AM »
Jobless Claims, Inflation Jump as Economy Wobbles

By: Reuters

The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

AP

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

Another report from the department showed prices paid at the farm and factory gate rose a faster than expected 1.4 percent from December after a 0.4 percent gain in December, as higher gasoline prices and unusually cold temperatures helped boost energy costs.

"When you have PPI moving up and still no progress in the jobs situation, that doesn't bode well for continued improvement in equity prices," said Alan Lancz, president at Alan B. Lancz & Associates in Toledo, Ohio.

Last week was the survey week for the employment report for February, which is scheduled for release in early March.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35457298

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________

But all the Liberals are telling us what a wonderful job the Stimulus is doing   ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Jobless claims rise
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:56:35 AM »
No need to worry the stimulus has been awesome!

James

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
No need to worry the stimulus has been awesome!

But if not, it is Bush's fault still ! !   ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:17:56 AM »
It still amazes me that Obama and Biden have the audacity to talk about how great the stimulus is supposedly working, then the jobless numbers come out and are higher than expected.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:18:40 AM »
Jobless Claims, Inflation Jump as Economy Wobbles

By: Reuters

The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

AP

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

Another report from the department showed prices paid at the farm and factory gate rose a faster than expected 1.4 percent from December after a 0.4 percent gain in December, as higher gasoline prices and unusually cold temperatures helped boost energy costs.

"When you have PPI moving up and still no progress in the jobs situation, that doesn't bode well for continued improvement in equity prices," said Alan Lancz, president at Alan B. Lancz & Associates in Toledo, Ohio.

Last week was the survey week for the employment report for February, which is scheduled for release in early March.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35457298

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________

But all the Liberals are telling us what a wonderful job the Stimulus is doing   ::)

Wasn't it reported in the media a minute ago that the UE rate in america went down to 9.7 or something along those liines. Now there is over four hundred thousand people applying for UE....more american lies... JUST TELL THE TRUTH ALREADY!!!!
C

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
9.7%?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 11%.

Obama, his administration and the Democratic party are all liars. If nothing changes between now and November, the American people will show them the way out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 08:37:19 AM »

Obama, his administration and the Democratic party are all liars. If nothing changes between now and November, the American people will show them the way out.

This is the FUCKING PLAN! 

Bankrupt the private sector and grossly expand the government workforce.

Only a moron believes a damn thing from this jerk.   

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:05:27 AM »

Chapman, Schiff, Parks, Celente etc all put the UE at 22 percent. Your government claims 9.7...I am more inclined to believe Chapman, Parks, Celente etc as they have nothing to gain by reporting the truth. Your government however has the dubious job of lying to the masses to keep them placated.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:20:19 AM »
Chapman, Schiff, Parks, Celente etc all put the UE at 22 percent. Your government claims 9.7...I am more inclined to believe Chapman, Parks, Celente etc as they have nothing to gain by reporting the truth. Your government however has the dubious job of lying to the masses to keep them placated.

Exactly.  We are in freefall collapse on almost every level and the fools still buy the bs coming from Dear Reader.  Unreal. 

On the local and state level things are in literal freefall.   

James

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
The Stimulus was nothing but a waste of  money.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »
The Stimulus was nothing but a waste of  money.

Remember the news reported that 350 BILLION of the 700+ Billion dollars in "stimulus" disappeared and has yet to be accounted for. Someone as DEAR READER where that money is and why it has not been accounted for after all of this time.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 09:29:40 AM »
Remember the news reported that 350 BILLION of the 700+ Billion dollars in "stimulus" disappeared and has yet to be accounted for. Someone as DEAR READER where that money is and why it has not been accounted for after all of this time.

Its called the re-elect Barack 2012 fund.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
hahaha more hacks trying to justify their opposition to a bill that independent offices claim was a success.  Quite sad that even with the facts staring you in the face you'll take a one day or one month figure and twist it.  Same thing happened with certain liberals, one good month and it was all go.  240 has always said give it a year, i've always said it can not be measured for at least 2-3 years and guess what? After a year the signs are much better than before, after 2-3 years things will be still rising (albiet slowly) and all you fools will eat humble pie.  Of course you'd never admit that you'll claim no stimulus was the answer, 30-40% UE would have been a good thing etc etc.  Keep living in your Fox Filling Fantasy
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
hahaha more hacks trying to justify their opposition to a bill that independent offices claim was a success.  Quite sad that even with the facts staring you in the face you'll take a one day or one month figure and twist it.  Same thing happened with certain liberals, one good month and it was all go.  240 has always said give it a year, i've always said it can not be measured for at least 2-3 years and guess what? After a year the signs are much better than before, after 2-3 years things will be still rising (albiet slowly) and all you fools will eat humble pie.  Of course you'd never admit that you'll claim no stimulus was the answer, 30-40% UE would have been a good thing etc etc.  Keep living in your Fox Filling Fantasy

No it wasnt you dope.  It saved the jobs we need to get rid of and killed off the jobs we really need to save.

govt jobs are not real jobs and dont produce anything.  They are a drag on the economy. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
No it wasnt you dope.  It saved the jobs we need to get rid of and killed off the jobs we really need to save.

govt jobs are not real jobs and dont produce anything.  They are a drag on the economy. 

Yes police officers, the FD, hospitals, city sanitation workers, road workers etc etc are all worthless jobs meanwhile debt collectors wow there is someone who does something for society you know he may not catch criminals, or put out fires, or save your life, or clean up your mess, or ensure you drive on safe roads but by golly if you default on that couch and tv you got on credit from sears well then he's on your ass and that's what we need in America.  More people chasing other people for money on behalf of other people.   ;D
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
Yes police officers, the FD, hospitals, city sanitation workers, road workers etc etc are all worthless jobs meanwhile debt collectors wow there is someone who does something for society you know he may not catch criminals, or put out fires, or save your life, or clean up your mess, or ensure you drive on safe roads but by golly if you default on that couch and tv you got on credit from sears well then he's on your ass and that's what we need in America.  More people chasing other people for money on behalf of other people.   ;D

Do some basic math fool.  You cant keep paying out more than comes in.  The more people on the govt doll and payroll the more private workers it takes to fund the govt.  The govt is crippling the private sector and the balance is now tipped to where there are simply no enough private sector taxpayers to affrd the costs of govt workers. 

Most govt jobs should be eliminated and are little more than patronage for other govt workers.       

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »

How was it a success when Obama claimed it would keep unemployment at 8%?

Don't give me this crap that it would have been worse if not for the stimulus.

Obviously, if the messiah was wrong about the stimulus keeping UE at 8%, then he is wrong when he says it would have been worse without it.  How can Obama and the Democrats know for a fact that it would have been worse when they were so off in their original projection?

The new jobless claims was reported by the Labor Dept. Are we to believe that Fox controls the Labor Dept?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
How was it a success when Obama claimed it would keep unemployment at 8%?

Don't give me this crap that it would have been worse if not for the stimulus.

Obviously, if the messiah was wrong about the stimulus keeping UE at 8%, then he is wrong when he says it would have been worse without it.  How can Obama and the Democrats know for a fact that it would have been worse when they were so off in their original projection?

The new jobless claims was reported by the Labor Dept. Are we to believe that Fox controls the Labor Dept?

Been discussed many times already dario.  go read the NYT piece on this. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:26 AM »
Been discussed many times already dario.  go read the NYT piece on this. 

Hysterical. 

This is all you need to know.