Author Topic: Why dont u bros just eat veggie burgers since it provides no cancer risks  (Read 7712 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Why dont u bros just eat veggie burgers since it provides no cancer risks
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »
It proven that the sun itself causes cancer. Are you going to stay inside now?

Having something potentially cause cancer is no reason to avoid it. Think deeper Falcon.

ok your being overly sensational , the sun provides much much MUCH more good than it does bad

please spare me the advice of "thinking deeper" as your trick to sound above me, ive provided more thought provoking topics than anyone on here 100 fold , perhaps you need to read the bible young man
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Just a question Falcon did Jesus eat meat?

he may have , they did alot of fishing in those days but  i dont know, he referd to food many times as meat in those days in the bible, that doesnt mean literally meat

i dont see where he was against it,  but some would argue fish is not meat even in this day and maybe in yester-day

we have to think about when the time of the bible was written too, the bible certainly preached thrifty methods of existance, and meat eating would be highly wasteful IMO

so even if he didnt outright deny meat eating he gave other signs perhaps not to, but the evidence is there in modern day that meat eating fucks up your ph and draws out calcium
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
he may have , they did alot of fishing in those days but  i dont know, he referd to food many times as meat in those days in the bible, that doesnt mean literally meat

i dont see where he was against it,  but some would argue fish is not meat even in this day and maybe in yester-day

we have to think about when the time of the bible was written too, the bible certainly preached thrifty methods of existance, and meat eating would be highly wasteful IMO

so even if he didnt outright deny meat eating he gave other signs perhaps not to, but the evidence is there in modern day that meat eating fucks up your ph and draws out calcium
Now do you consider fish a meat? Then if killing animals for food is one reason for not eating meat, fish are cold blooded and are not mammals so question is killing a fish for food is not the same as killing a cow?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »

ok your being overly sensational , the sun provides much much MUCH more good than it does bad

please spare me the advice of "thinking deeper" as your trick to sound above me, ive provided more thought provoking topics than anyone on here 100 fold , perhaps you need to read the bible young man
;D cmon now guy so does everything that isn't soy related.

as for the second part, I have no reason to want to be above you. and what you've done for the board is nice I liked the reptilian saga.The bible will be the last thing I ever think of reading. Sorry. I read enough fairy tales as a kid.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:47 PM »
;D cmon now guy so does everything that isn't soy related.

as for the second part, I have no reason to want to be above you. and what you've done for the board is nice I liked the reptilian saga.The bible will be the last thing I ever think of reading. Sorry. I read enough fairy tales as a kid.

yes stick to reading the bible on page a week, start off with the red highlited words since they are supposed to be from jesus and they also happen to be the most interesting and thought provoking passages in the bible
A

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »
you just had a panic attack smoking...

second, have to agree on olive oil, very good for the heart and good cholsterol, tastes great even cooking chicken, good stuff

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Now do you consider fish a meat? Then if killing animals for food is one reason for not eating meat, fish are cold blooded and are not mammals so question is killing a fish for food is not the same as killing a cow?

well fish has the same acidifying effects in the body so yes its a meat.

i think killing a fish has far less impact on karma and health when eating it than killing a cow and eating that

a cow is a huge fucking creature, i cant judge that big ass animal and say all that cows life worth to me is only to be killed for a meal just because my ancestors did it doesnt mean its right
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
you just had a panic attack smoking...

second, have to agree on olive oil, very good for the heart and good cholsterol, tastes great even cooking chicken, good stuff

hush your mouth little 5feet8 mexican man ive already explained the yeast and its possible negative drug interactions that can cause hypertensive situations and heart attacks and death by natural causes
A

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
yes stick to reading the bible on page a week, start off with the red highlited words since they are supposed to be from jesus and they also happen to be the most interesting and thought provoking passages in the bible
This isn't going to happen. You smoke weed and you still think the bible is a good idea. Amazing.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
I eat stake twice a day, I don't have cancer and I'm leaner than you Falcon :D.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
This isn't going to happen. You smoke weed and you still think the bible is a good idea. Amazing.

i quit smoking it since it almost killed me 2 times in a row so fuck that
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »
I eat stake twice a day, I don't have cancer and I'm leaner than you Falcon :D.

post a pic with a sign and your name adressing getbig you internet badass
A

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
post a pic with a sign and your name adressing getbig you internet badass
Why?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 05:41:20 AM »
ok u look short and have some muscle no abs though, dont you want to improve?  the meat is holding you bak everytime u eat meat u deplete your bone calcium because your body tries to balance its ph

this is a law of body chemistry , something i dont expect short men under 5'10  to comprehend evenafter the 10th time ive said it on get big, by the way im teasing and dont compare me to half truth condescending libertarians/democrats

Vegetarian diet can weaken bones

Sydney, July 3:
Australian researchers have revealed that people who consume only vegetarian food are more likely to have slightly weaker bones than their non-veg eating counterparts.

The latest study is a joint venture of Australian and Vietnamese researchers. Nguyen from the Sydney’s Garvan Institute for Medical Research worked on this project in collaboration with the Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine in Ho Chi Minh City.

Vegetarians have a lower bone density
For the research purposes, more than 2700 people were taken into account. A relationship between bones and the type of diet eaten, was then determined by the scientists.

It was found that vegetarians have five percent less bone density than that in people who eat meat, said lead researcher Tuan Nguyen.

Nguyen further explained that the bones were six percent weaker in those who eliminated all kinds of animal products from their diet, particularly the vegans.

Vegans do not include meat, eggs, dairy products and all the other animal-derived ingredients in their food.

However, almost no difference was found between the bones of non-vegetarians and Ovo-Lacto vegetarians.

Ovo-Lacto vegetarians are basically those people who eat eggs and dairy products but do not include meat and seafood in their diet.

Nguyen wrote in the study, “The results suggest that vegetarian diets
, particularly vegan diets, are associated with lower bone mineral density."

“But the magnitude of the association is clinically insignificant,”he added.

Low bone density and osteoporosis linked
However, the question whether lower bone density can raise the risk of getting a fracture remains yet to be answered.

Nguyen was quoted as saying, “Given the rising number of vegetarians, roughly five per cent (of people) in western countries, and the widespread incidence of osteoporosis, the issue is worth resolving,” he said.

The new study has been published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 05:45:11 AM »
Hormones and Diet
Part Two: Testosterone

By Gary F. Zeolla

Note: This article was revised and expanded and incorporated as a chapter in the book God-given Foods Eating Plan.

Vegetarianism

The source of protein can make a difference as to its effect on T levels. Specifically, is the protein from meat or non-meat sources?

A 1989 study looked at this issue. "The purpose of this study was to determine the levels of unconjugated steroids and steroid glucuronides as well as sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) among normal adult men who were either omnivorous or vegetarians."

Blood tests were done on "white volunteers ranging from 25-35 years of age." The levels of total T, DHEA, and other T-precursors were similar in the two groups. But, "Vegetarian group showed a higher levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) while the free androgen index (FAI; calculated by the ratio testosterone/SHBG) was lower in this group."

The researchers concluded, "Our data suggest that in a vegetarian group, less testosterone is available for androgenic action" (Belanger).

Moreover:
    Cholesterol is the building block of testosterone, so it would make sense that a meat-eating, cholesterol consuming diet would yield more of the big T that a vegetarian diet would. And indeed, that's what a 1985 study found when it looked at a large cross-section of omnivores and vegetarians. What was surprising was how significant the difference was: The meat-eaters actually had 36 percent more T than the guys who stuck to rabbit food….

A 1989 study found pretty much the same thing: The meat-eaters ate more fat, more cholesterol, more saturated fat, and less fiber than the vegetarians and had 31 percent more testosterone (Schuler, p.86).

Another study had similar results:
    A Dutch study published in 1992 looked at changes in T levels on these two diets. A group of young male endurance athletes ate and trained on each diet for 6 weeks. (Half started on the meat-rich diet, half on the vegetarian diet; then they switched.) Total testosterone declined 35 percent when the athletes used the vegetarian diet (Schuler, p.76).

So the consumption of meat raises T levels while a vegetarian diet lowers T levels. Another issue in regards to vegetarians could be that soy is often included as a source of protein on a vegetarian diet. But research shows that soy can lower T levels (Di Pasquale, p.44; see also my article Soy: Health Food or Food to Avoid?).

However, even the inclusion of dairy and eggs would not correct the problem. "Dutch research shows that athletes had higher testosterone levels when eating meat-based protein, compared with other sources, such as dairy and eggs" (Thorton, p.155). So even an ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet would not be good for T levels.

And this shows that it is not the fat and cholesterol in meat that raises T levels as these are found in dairy and eggs. It has something to do with meat itself. And it should be noted that "meat" is usually used in a general sense to refer to red meat, poultry, and fish. So it is not necessary to consume a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol. A diet rich in healthy fats and lean meats would provide the T raising effects just as well as one high fatty meats and thus high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

Moreover, "… the omega-3s can provide an excellent hedge against worries about cholesterol. Blood pressure, clotting, immune response, insulin resistance, and triglyceride levels are all positively affected. Even in cases where dietary cholesterol is increased, omega-3s may aid in actually lowering cholesterol." And, "… factors that can decrease the tendency of LDL ["bad" cholesterol] to oxidize (such as the use of monounsaturated and marine oils) can negate any harmful effects a higher-[saturated] fat diet may have on CVD [cardio-vascular disease]" (Di Pasquale, pp. 82, 91).

So even if more saturated fat and cholesterol are consumed, if the above recommendation to consume foods high in MUFAs and Omega-3s is followed, then possible negative effects would be negated. A copious consumption of veggies (as was recommended in Part One) would further help to negate any possible deleterious effects.

And with the inclusion of healthy fats and veggies, a meat-based, omnivore diet would be healthier than a vegetarian diet as it would enhance and optimize hormones, rather than having a deleterious effects on hormones like a vegetarian diet does.

It is for these reasons that Men's Health magazine declared, "In fact, many of the classic dietary commandments-restrict your overall calories, eat a lot of roughage, avoid animal flesh-are a virtual recipe for lowering T." And "Perhaps the ideal diet to drop your testosterone is high fiber and vegetarian-and the ideal way to raise it is the red-meat approach" (Thorton, p.154).

Another problem with a vegetarian diet is that it lowers IGF-1 levels (Di Pasquale, p.44). Vegetarian diets are also inevitably low in protein and usually high in carbs, which would lead to depressed GH levels.

Given the above, the following study is not surprising:
    An interesting 1999 study compared the muscle-building effects of two different diets on 19 overweight, sedentary men ages 51-69. Nine of the men ate a diet in which half of the protein came from meat and other animal sources-a typical Western diet. The other 10 ate a vegetarian diet that included dairy and eggs (but, obviously, no meat). Both groups were put on the same weight-lifting program.

Look at the results that the study found after 12 weeks:
    Meat-Eaters: Muscle: Gained 3.74 lb.; Fat: Lost 2.86 lb.
    Vegetarians: Muscle: Lost 1.76 lb.; Fat: Gained: 0.22 lb. (Schuler, pp.75,76).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 05:52:26 AM »
Soy is very estrogenic, DFFL.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 05:56:10 AM »
Hormones and Diet
Part Two: Testosterone

By Gary F. Zeolla

Note: This article was revised and expanded and incorporated as a chapter in the book God-given Foods Eating Plan.

Vegetarianism

The source of protein can make a difference as to its effect on T levels. Specifically, is the protein from meat or non-meat sources?

A 1989 study looked at this issue. "The purpose of this study was to determine the levels of unconjugated steroids and steroid glucuronides as well as sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) among normal adult men who were either omnivorous or vegetarians."

Blood tests were done on "white volunteers ranging from 25-35 years of age." The levels of total T, DHEA, and other T-precursors were similar in the two groups. But, "Vegetarian group showed a higher levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) while the free androgen index (FAI; calculated by the ratio testosterone/SHBG) was lower in this group."

The researchers concluded, "Our data suggest that in a vegetarian group, less testosterone is available for androgenic action" (Belanger).

Moreover:
    Cholesterol is the building block of testosterone, so it would make sense that a meat-eating, cholesterol consuming diet would yield more of the big T that a vegetarian diet would. And indeed, that's what a 1985 study found when it looked at a large cross-section of omnivores and vegetarians. What was surprising was how significant the difference was: The meat-eaters actually had 36 percent more T than the guys who stuck to rabbit food….

Another study had similar results:
    A Dutch study published in 1992 looked at changes in T levels on these two diets. A group of young male endurance athletes ate and trained on each diet for 6 weeks. (Half started on the meat-rich diet, half on the vegetarian diet; then they switched.) Total testosterone declined 35 percent when the athletes used the vegetarian diet (Schuler, p.76).

So the consumption of meat raises T levels while a vegetarian diet lowers T levels. Another issue in regards to vegetarians could be that soy is often included as a source of protein on a vegetarian diet. But research shows that soy can lower T levels (Di Pasquale, p.44; see also my article Soy: Health Food or Food to Avoid?).

However, even the inclusion of dairy and eggs would not correct the problem. "Dutch research shows that athletes had higher testosterone levels when eating meat-based protein, compared with other sources, such as dairy and eggs" (Thorton, p.155). So even an ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet would not be good for T levels.

And this shows that it is not the fat and cholesterol in meat that raises T levels as these are found in dairy and eggs. It has something to do with meat itself. And it should be noted that "meat" is usually used in a general sense to refer to red meat, poultry, and fish. So it is not necessary to consume a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol. A diet rich in healthy fats and lean meats would provide the T raising effects just as well as one high fatty meats and thus high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

Moreover, "… the omega-3s can provide an excellent hedge against worries about cholesterol. Blood pressure, clotting, immune response, insulin resistance, and triglyceride levels are all positively affected. Even in cases where dietary cholesterol is increased, omega-3s may aid in actually lowering cholesterol." And, "… factors that can decrease the tendency of LDL ["bad" cholesterol] to oxidize (such as the use of monounsaturated and marine oils) can negate any harmful effects a higher-[saturated] fat diet may have on CVD [cardio-vascular disease]" (Di Pasquale, pp. 82, 91).

So even if more saturated fat and cholesterol are consumed, if the above recommendation to consume foods high in MUFAs and Omega-3s is followed, then possible negative effects would be negated. A copious consumption of veggies (as was recommended in Part One) would further help to negate any possible deleterious effects.

And with the inclusion of healthy fats and veggies, a meat-based, omnivore diet would be healthier than a vegetarian diet as it would enhance and optimize hormones, rather than having a deleterious effects on hormones like a vegetarian diet does.

It is for these reasons that Men's Health magazine declared, "In fact, many of the classic dietary commandments-restrict your overall calories, eat a lot of roughage, avoid animal flesh-are a virtual recipe for lowering T." And "Perhaps the ideal diet to drop your testosterone is high fiber and vegetarian-and the ideal way to raise it is the red-meat approach" (Thorton, p.154).

Another problem with a vegetarian diet is that it lowers IGF-1 levels (Di Pasquale, p.44). Vegetarian diets are also inevitably low in protein and usually high in carbs, which would lead to depressed GH levels.

Given the above, the following study is not surprising:
    An interesting 1999 study compared the muscle-building effects of two different diets on 19 overweight, sedentary men ages 51-69. Nine of the men ate a diet in which half of the protein came from meat and other animal sources-a typical Western diet. The other 10 ate a vegetarian diet that included dairy and eggs (but, obviously, no meat). Both groups were put on the same weight-lifting program.

Look at the results that the study found after 12 weeks:
    Meat-Eaters: Muscle: Gained 3.74 lb.; Fat: Lost 2.86 lb.
    Vegetarians: Muscle: Lost 1.76 lb.; Fat: Gained: 0.22 lb. (Schuler, pp.75,76).

tell me then how come im still bigger than everyone on this board at over 30 years old on a vegetarian diet

you know muscle building doesnt say that protien is more important than calories

calories are the ultimate heat factor

these studies are 20 years old from 1989

its funny all these clowns trying to sound smarter than me but would are small men

you can also have high testosterone but an acidic bone mass losing body

you sound extra stupid as if you dont even read what you wrote yet people will some how beleive you cause they naturally hate the falcon

A 1989 study found pretty much the same thing: The meat-eaters ate more fat, more cholesterol, more saturated fat, and less fiber than the vegetarians and had 31 percent more testosterone (Schuler, p.86).

isnt it obvious if you eat more fat and calories that you grow more DUHHHH
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 05:58:04 AM »
man i swear you meat pushers and libs are the dumbest motherfuckers ever only posting half truths to come off as some superior, you guys are wasting my fucking time this morning having to refute all of your dumbshit, these studies do not prove that if you eat meat you hold more muscle, its all about average assimilation of calories per day
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 05:59:28 AM »
man i swear you meat pushers and libs are the dumbest motherfuckers ever only posting half truths to come off as some superior, you guys are wasting my fucking time this morning having to refute all of your dumbshit, these studies do not prove that if you eat meat you hold more muscle, its all about average assimilation of calories per day
Falcon so what are drawbacks from eating meat?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2010, 06:05:28 AM »
No offense johnny, but I have never seen a single person who looked worth a shit who was a vegan for longer than a year.  Sickly, yellow and weak as a washrag telling other people they "aren't healthy."

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2010, 06:05:36 AM »
Falcon so what are drawbacks from eating meat?

bone loss wich= metabolism loss= more prone to aging

acidic body

much higher risk of prostate cancer, colon cancer, heart disease . meat sticks to your insides far too long developing worms inside of you, just like even if a little bit is inside thats what will happen it will feed the worm, this doesnt happen with other foods
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »
bone loss wich= metabolism loss= more prone to aging

acidic body

much higher risk of prostate cancer, colon cancer, heart disease . meat sticks to your insides far too long developing worms inside of you, just like even if a little bit is inside thats what will happen it will feed the worm, this doesnt happen with other foods
What about mercer, colon cancer and hair loss any evidence on these items?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
No offense johnny, but I have never seen a single person who looked worth a shit who was a vegan for longer than a year.  Sickly, yellow and weak as a washrag telling other people they "aren't healthy."

because they arent as advanced as me and dont have a bodybuilding mindset and dont eat ALOT of other things,

on a vegetarian diet you have to eat ALOT more because your muscles like to shrink beacause it isnt being pumped full of inflamatory iron as apposed to non inflamatory iron wich i beleives gives meat eaters more size easily,

on a vegetarian diet you might have to eat more and be more consistent with working out but you dont have all the health risks that ive listed above when i adressed mr nobody
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2010, 06:11:43 AM »
What about mercer, colon cancer and hair loss any evidence on these items?

yes certainly hairloss, nearly everyone in my family has hairloss except me, i only lost a little hair in my early 20's  when i ate pounds of meat daily, im glad i stopped

theres tons of evidence to the correlation of colon cancer and meat eating
A