Author Topic: Undertaker burned badly at Elimination Chamber PPV....  (Read 6420 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Undertaker burned badly at Elimination Chamber PPV....
« on: February 22, 2010, 04:41:51 AM »
According to sources, The Undertaker was in fact burned during his entrance at the Elimination Chamber PPV.

As Taker made his entrance, there was a pyro malfunction when the flames from his entrance reached his jacket and burned it. Taker quickly ripped off the jacket and moved away from the pryo. Once he got to the ring, he poured water on himself and then worked the match as scheduled.

When he returned to the locker room after the match, he was obviously very upset. Management tried to calm him down, as it was obviously an accident. He was said to be extremely pissed off backstage.

We received the following reports about the incident:

Andre Thomas sent this one in: Undertaker's coat accidentally caught on fire during his entrance. He then ripped off his burning coat. While in his pod referee constantly gave him bottled waters to pour down his arm. Not sure if this was seen on camera. After it went the PPV went off air he stormed up the ramp staring directly at the pyrotechnic area, stopped at the top of the stage (right next to the spot the pyro accidentally burned him) and yelled something at the pyrotechnics and made a threatening gesture before exiting the stage. Also, when Undertaker left his pod, the door broke and couldn't be closed back. Referee's constantly tried to close is but was unsuccessful. It was kinda funny because minutes later, the pod Jericho hid in also got jammed open and couldn't be closed.

Dustin Reppell sent this one in: I just got back from Elimination Chamber, this is former columnist Dustin Reppell. I just wanted to let you know, there was a reason the Undertaker ran to the ring, which may not have been picked up on camera. The Undertaker actually stepped into his pyro, and not only got a fireball in the face, but his Jacket went up in flames. He threw it off and ran towards the ring, and was a little shaken up because of it. I'm guessing the camera cut away, just in case they had an emergency. Thought you might like to know.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: Undertaker burned badly at Elimination Chamber PPV....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
was this the event that occurred in St. Louis yesterday?
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »
was this the event that occurred in St. Louis yesterday?
It sure was.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:14:28 AM »
pics or it didnt happen

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »
pics or it didnt happen
Oh it happened. And he wasn't pleased about it. It was edited from television but he was pouring cold water on his burned skin before the match. Who ever set up the pyro got reemed by him for sure.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
More on the Undertaker buring incident:

-- As noted late last night here on the website, The Undertaker suffered burns to his chest as a result of a pyrotechnic malfunction during his entrance when flames reached and burned his jacket as he made his way ringside for his match at last night's WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Upon catching on fire, he immediately ripped off his coat and sprinted towards the ring. He then doused himself with bottles of water before and during his scheduled match in the Elimination Chamber. The referee in charge of his chamber kept feeding him water bottles throughout the night. After the match, 'Taker stormed up the ramp staring directly at the pyrotechnic area, stopped at the top of the stage (right next to the spot the pyro accidentally burned him) and yelled something at the pyrotechnics and made a threatening gesture before exiting the stage. Company sources indicate Taker was extremely upset about the situation upon returning to the locker room, though officials tried calming him down. He was yelling at numerous people upon arriving backstage after the match as management tried to chill him out. This was obviously an unfortunate accident but that's not the guy you want to piss off.

There are pics of this incident on the web.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Is that what the pink mark was on his lower chest when he took his straps off during the match?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »
My local news just aired the story, playing a brief, fan-shot video of the incident.
The reporter claimed that the diagnosis likened the wounds to sunburn.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
Found this:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
Aside from running a few steps after that huge flame practically engulfed him, he maintained his character - you've gotta give him that!
It no doubt rattled him, and I'm sure his startle turned to anger as soon as he realized he wasn't on fire.

Good thing he was wearing that coat.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
I've just watched that bit of the PPV again, and you can see him get engulfed, then run to the ring.  He paces around for a bit and you can see him checking his hands.  It's interesting how everyone else reacts, Jericho sees it and says something to one of the refs, and when they show a close up of Rey in his pod, you can see another of the refs yelling at someone off camera.

That seems to be pretty much it, you catch him bending down every now and then when the camera angle is right.

You're right though, he stays in character, and gets on with it.  I've said before, and Cheftim will argue the point, but as far as I'm concerned, Taker is the greatest wrestler of all time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 04:32:48 AM »
Aside from running a few steps after that huge flame practically engulfed him, he maintained his character - you've gotta give him that!
It no doubt rattled him, and I'm sure his startle turned to anger as soon as he realized he wasn't on fire.

Good thing he was wearing that coat.
Just goes to show you how tough the Undertaker really is and how he didn't want to let the fans down by continuing his match while recieving medical attention outside the ring which was edited fromt he PPV. On a side note, you notice how this past monday's Raw, the flames wern't within ten feet of the Undertaker? That poor pyro tech must've been shittinghis pants.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:52:46 AM »
I used to sell pyro devices for stage special effects.
There should never have been a flash pod placed in the center of that ramp.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »
I used to sell pyro devices for stage special effects.
There should never have been a flash pod placed in the center of that ramp.

Did you notice the red welt just under the Undertaker's chest? Brutal shit that shouldn't have happened.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 08:39:31 AM »
Fire is fire, no matter how it is produced, and it will burn your ass.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
Absolutely.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
Laying down brutal facts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
It's a really tough call on that one. Absolutely the Undertaker is the most professional. Nothing phases the guy. His match with Foley in the Cell. Foley took those huge falls and Undertaker didn't stop his attack for a half a second. That hit he took against Michaels last year when he did that suicide dive onto his head. Didn't effect him one bit. Plus the rumors that he's in constant pain with his hips? This guy is all buisness! But that video of him on fire sets the standard for staying in character. Hold on a second here??? Make you think. Is the Undertaker a character or is this really who this guy is?
Don't kid yourself, Cheftim. Those hits, falls, bad bumps all take their toll on these wrestlers bodies. Thus the pain killer abuse and i'm conviced that they are ALL on them whether they are prescribed or not. They pop them like Pez. Foley's career was cut short after that match with the Undertaker at the Young age of 34. He admitted that he couldn't even bend over to play with his kids from all the excruciating pain he was constantly in. Dynamite kid was another perfect example. As tough as the Undertaker is, he is also 45 years old and beat up. Thus taking 5 months off after WM.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
Laying down brutal facts.

Epic recognizing of skill.

Who's gonna induct Undertaker into the HOF?

A few years back I would have said Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer).
My second choice would have been Foley, but with him in TNA...
Right now, it looks like it will probably be old lazy-eyed HBKomb-over.

For someone like Taker, I think it would be fitting for Vince himself to induct him.
Undertaker is the only one who never gave Vince any problems backstage, never jumped ship, always did what he was asked, and always delivered.
No one – not Hogan, Austin, Rock – NO ONE has ever provided that kind of work rate or loyalty.

It would be cool for Vince to step out of character, and during the induction speech simply tell the Undertaker, “Thank you.”

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »
He's the only one right now who truly deserves it.

The only main event guy who I see approaching that level is Cena.
He hasn’t been around anywhere near as long, but he’s a cooperator.
He works with whomever they want him to work with.
He goes wherever they want him to go.

When the office tells him to job, he does so without complaint.
He never bitches about pay or not being the main event on a card.
You don’t hear about him destroying property or causing disturbances outside the ring.
He also keeps his nose clean.

In that regard, he’s like an Undertaker in the making.

Mind you, I’m not suggesting these two guys live in a monastery, but whatever their vices are, they never cause a scene.
And any issues they have with management are likely settled quickly and with civility.
I suspect those qualities – along with the ability to stay over – make them Vince’s favorite talent.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »
He's the only one right now who truly deserves it.

The only main event guy who I see approaching that level is Cena.
He hasn’t been around anywhere near as long, but he’s a cooperator.
He works with whomever they want him to work with.
He goes wherever they want him to go.

When the office tells him to job, he does so without complaint.
He never bitches about pay or not being the main event on a card.
You don’t hear about him destroying property or causing disturbances outside the ring.
He also keeps his nose clean.

In that regard, he’s like an Undertaker in the making.

Mind you, I’m not suggesting these two guys live in a monastery, but whatever their vices are, they never cause a scene.
And any issues they have with management are likely settled quickly and with civility.
I suspect those qualities – along with the ability to stay over – make them Vince’s favorite talent.

You just hit the nail right on the head with that post, Mont.

To Cheftim, you got me all wired up about that Hell in the Cell with the Undertaker vs Mankind and last night I watched it again for the 40th time and I am still in shock and awe whenever I watch that match. I remember when that match happened back in the late 90's, I had people approach me that never even watched wrestling tell me that they just had to watch the match because they were completely amazed by the severe beating and falls the Mankind took. Unreal.

I still think when the Undertaker gets inducted in the HOF it will be Bill Moody aka...Paul Bearer that inducts him It's only natural for that to happen.

Here's an intresting tidybit I got off the interent this morning...

According to a source, Bret Hart is being paid $500,000 for his return storyline with WWE as well as a handsome WrestleMania bonus. We'll have more on this shortly.

» As noted earlier, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ron Simmons's name has been discussed for induction into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class. He worked what was billed as his retirement match in Cedartown, Georgia two weeks ago. The standout collegiate athlete was also inducted into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame on Feb. 20. Expect more WWE Hall of Fame names to be announced each week on RAW leading into WrestleMania. The rumored name for next week is the headliner for this year - Stu Hart.

» WWE's creative team began tossing around ideas for this year's annual post-WrestleMania WWE Draft last week. Current plans see both Jack Swagger and Big Show being sent over to SmackDown! although that could and likely will change. It's still WAY to early to call the draft.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »
I predict a lot of that hinges on his physical & mental health.
Several years ago, he turned down a WWF return due to severe depression resulting from morbid obesity.
To entice & reward Mr. Moody, Vince offered to pay for a gastric bypass procedure.

Paul Bearer returned for a brief stint, and it was good to see him again.
Although I’m not sure of his current state, the last I heard he was doing well.

Looking at it now, I think Bill Moody deserves to be inducted. He’s been in the business in some way for almost three-quarters of his life! He’s played some damn good characters, been in some of the hottest angles, and I’ve honestly never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

How about Undertaker inducting Paul Bearer?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:54 AM »
I predict a lot of that hinges on his physical & mental health.
Several years ago, he turned down a WWF return due to severe depression resulting from morbid obesity.
To entice & reward Mr. Moody, Vince offered to pay for a gastric bypass procedure.

Paul Bearer returned for a brief stint, and it was good to see him again.
Although I’m not sure of his current state, the last I heard he was doing well.

Looking at it now, I think Bill Moody deserves to be inducted. He’s been in the business in some way for almost three-quarters of his life! He’s played some damn good characters, been in some of the hottest angles, and I’ve honestly never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

How about Undertaker inducting Paul Bearer?

Actually, Moddy is very well off. He runs a funeral business (yes he really does belive it or not) and he's just enjoying life and staying out of the limelight.