Author Topic: Steven Seagal Tribute Thread  (Read 10555 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Steven Seagal Tribute Thread
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »

ive been trying in vain for years to find which 80's action star was truly 2nd to the great Arnold. the popular choice is Stallone...but ive come to the conclusion that Steven Seagal is actually the greatest action movie star of ALL TIME (besides arnold).

1. his early films are awesome.

2. he is actually the biggest of all the actions stars, a legit 6-4 240

3. hes is in REAL LIFE a fighting master/experthttp://www.metacafe.com/watch/94751/steven_seagal_7th_dan_aikido/

4. he is a COP in REAL LIFE, encountering real life crime in the murder capital of the US , unlike the other action heros he patrols slums regularly and disposes of criminal in REAL LIFE. http://www.aetv.com/steven-seagal-lawman/about/

5. you watch his movies and say 'that shootout is so unrealistic', ..but Steven is a firearms Expert IN REAL LIFE who can shoot the dick off a fly...http://www.tusseycustom.com/articlecustompistolsss.htm

6. more than anyone else Steven Seagal is  REAL LIFE acion hero, even though he is Fat now and sidetracked with trying to play blues music and mastering the east texas redneck hick accent, he is still: 1. a big, strong guy, 2. a real life law enforcement cop, 3. a real-life expert at fighting, and 4. a real-life expert at Shooting.

plus he is a major advocate of environmental protection and makes it a point to snap bones in every movie.

seagal.
Steven Seagal.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Steven Seagal Tribute Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
Hurray for Take sensei

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »
I have two words for you--Chuck Norris.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
Which results in 2 more words: Bruce Lee

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
He doesn't look 6'4".

Newer movies suck ass.

Can't take anything away from his Akido/Akijutsu skilla

A cop for television?! Attention whore who can't admit being washed up for movies.

HKs are probably better out of the box than most customs.

No such thing as a "real life action hero"

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Which results in 2 more words: Bruce Lee
Which results in Chuck Norris guy. Chuck can never be rivaled. Not by Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee has been equaled (see video). Chuck Norris is one and only damnit.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »
He doesn't look 6'4".

Newer movies suck ass.

Can't take anything away from his Akido/Akijutsu skilla

A cop for television?! Attention whore who can't admit being washed up for movies.

HKs are probably better out of the box than most customs.

he is definitely a tall, big dude in real life.

yes, he most recent movies are straight to dvd/tv and are just aweful and unwatchable, even for a dedicated 80's action/steven seagal fan. just aweful.

tho ive never used an HK i gotta say for as expensive as they are, they dont even come with even generic real night sights(unlike sigs) and the  fuckin mags cost like $60 each...buy a glock/sig (proven quality) with quality sights and a couple extra mags and a few boxes of bullets for the price of an HK.

and of all the movie action heros, Seagal is the most likely to die while trying to save real life civilians in the line of duty and is the by far the most able to beat the shit out of people in real life.

ps. i still consider you an ally poster, dr.k  ;D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »

Newer movies suck ass.

He went from Navy Seal to just Seal.

O

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
Love Out for Justice and his Under Siege movies.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
unlike other action stars he realized that a bbing-type physique was not only uneccessary but ultimately impractical for the real-world applications of ass-kicking

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »
 I loved the one with the Jamaicans. That was some funny shit. Black guy was chewing the scenery up every take
O

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
that Out-for-justice scene was actual, live footage. i Real Life, seagasl would have knocked stallone, van damme, of fuckin bruce willis on their asses.

he spent his teen years studying in a pinche monestary, learning the ways/skills of martial arts and honing his mind body and spirit to a point of complete poise, contentment and peace meanwhilst american teens were learning the ways of delinquents and posining their minds/bodies/expectations with the fake, degenerative crap of our modern society.
you may laugh at Seagal for wearing his silly native american garb but he is completely at peace in his mind, can beat the dogshit out of 99% of people if he has to, can shoot in real life like a fuckin Death Wish movie if he has to, and is at peace and doesnt care about anything most people think is importany.
he may have the same expression all the time but its ok!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

one of the great scenes in cinema history.

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
epic beard man would crush him in the bus-a-gon
Odilly

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
epic beard man would crush him in the bus-a-gon
he would have broken beard-man's limbs at a moments notice.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
look like mister johnmatrix is having a bit of tall man envy and letting everyone know tonite what a mojo!
A

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
his later movies are great for their "campiness"

however, from "above the law" to "under seige", segal was the man

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
his later movies are great for their "campiness"

however, from "above the law" to "under seige", segal was the man

QFT. His early stuff was the bomb. And he's the only major actor, with the exception of Chuck Norris, who actually knows how to handle a gun. Not many people know their way around a 1911 like Seagal, does. Got to give him props for that.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 11:18:07 PM »
look like mister johnmatrix is having a bit of tall man envy and letting everyone know tonite what a mojo!

eat shit junkie!!!

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
he would have broken beard-man's limbs at a moments notice.

maybe on the street..but in the close confines of the bus-a-gon epic beard man would have gotten a hold on that pony tail and made him call the "amber lamps"
Odilly

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »
I loved this scene. The guy that played sticks is Dan Inosantos, Bruce Lee's best friend. He was well into his fifties when this scene was shot. I use to see him practically every morning rolling with Roger Machado at Machado Jiu-Jitsu in Torrance, CA. Chuck Norris use to train there and when he got the Texas Ranger part he took one of the brothers, Carlos Machado, with him so he could continue to train Jiu-Jitsu. He helped Carlos set up his school in Texas and started everything there in the mid 1990s. Pretty inspiring see Guru Dan (as he was called) still on the mat well into his sixties.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »

Ditto, have a look at my webpage apacheclips.com and see how soldiers react, sound and work under fire - and these are highly trained individuals, drop Steven in a fucked up FOB someplace in butfuck helmand and you see how much of a "hero" he is.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:43 PM »
I loved this scene. The guy that played sticks is Dan Inosantos, Bruce Lee's best friend. He was well into his fifties when this scene was shot. I use to see him practically every morning rolling with Roger Machado at Machado Jiu-Jitsu in Torrance, CA. Chuck Norris use to train there and when he got the Texas Ranger part he took one of the brothers, Carlos Machado, with him so he could continue to train Jiu-Jitsu. He helped Carlos set up his school in Texas and started everything there in the mid 1990s. Pretty inspiring see Guru Dan (as he was called) still on the mat well into his sixties.

Around 1975 or 76 when I was in high school we were playing Leuzinger High (baseball).  We were at their school.  Well we were warming up out in right field.  there was a house just on the other side of the home run fence.  These two girls were in the backyard setting up chairs and stuff to watch us play.  Some of us went over and started talking to the girls.  One fo the guys said something kind of rude to one of them.  Well out from the back comes this man who said something like "you guys have some nasty mouths, come over here and say that while I am here" or something like that.  Well one of the guys started to say something to the guy when our coach came over and grabbed us and told us to get back to the dugout.  As I was walking away I heard him say "I am really sorry Mr. Inosanto"  Well our coach came back and yelled his brains out at us and told us who he was.  Our coach was Japanese and knew all about Dan Inosanto.  I guess that was his house and his daughters or nieces or something.  That's my little Inosanto story.  Myself and him are also listed in this book together which is kind of cool  "Struggling to be Heard"
No Worries 4 me

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
Around 1975 or 76 when I was in high school we were playing Leuzinger High (baseball).  We were at their school.  Well we were warming up out in right field.  there was a house just on the other side of the home run fence.  These two girls were in the backyard setting up chairs and stuff to watch us play.  Some of us went over and started talking to the girls.  One fo the guys said something kind of rude to one of them.  Well out from the back comes this man who said something like "you guys have some nasty mouths, come over here and say that while I am here" or something like that.  Well one of the guys started to say something to the guy when our coach came over and grabbed us and told us to get back to the dugout.  As I was walking away I heard him say "I am really sorry Mr. Inosanto"  Well our coach came back and yelled his brains out at us and told us who he was.  Our coach was Japanese and knew all about Dan Inosanto.  I guess that was his house and his daughters or nieces or something.  That's my little Inosanto story.  Myself and him are also listed in this book together which is kind of cool  "Struggling to be Heard"

Ha, I remember Leuzinger High. When I first move to LA I lived on Rosecrans way East of Crenshaw. "Rolling Sixties" territory. Fucking Blacks and Mexicans were always going at it at Leuzinger. Still are.

Inosantos eventually move to Harbor City and had a nice house over there. His daughter was fucking smokin'! She was one of the office extras on that show "Moon Lighting" which launched Bruce Willis career. He was so fuking funny on that show. It was suppose to be Cybil Shepard's show but Bruce just stole it. That was my favorite show at the time and though I'm no expert I could see that Willis was a real talent. I wonder what ever happened to Guru Dan's daughter. With his connections I thought she was a shoo in the movie biz.

One day you have to tell what your beef was with Benny Podda. That guy was the most dynamic character I've ever met in my life.