Author Topic: Celltech hardcore  (Read 3880 times)

Stefano

• Getbig III
Celltech hardcore
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:03:09 AM »

Got thus  5lb jug of celltech hardcore and did the load up phase and am now onto 2 servings a day

1)Morning

2) After workout / evening

Started getting light headaches. Is this common with celltech?

haven't seen any  strength increases yet. No bloating (so far)

Has anyone tried this particular brand of creatine? I know muscletech overhypes their stuff but i got this jug free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Celltech hardcore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:28 AM »
you would have been better off spending that money on real food.
footloose and fancy free

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »
Got thus  5lb jug of celltech hardcore and did the load up phase and am now onto 2 servings a day

1)Morning

2) After workout / evening

Started getting light headaches. Is this common with celltech?

haven't seen any  strength increases yet. No bloating (so far)

Has anyone tried this particular brand of creatine? I know muscletech overhypes their stuff but i got this jug free

How much water are you drinking daily?
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:39:31 AM »
How hardcore can you make sugar be?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 12:23:51 PM »
you would have been better off spending that money on real food.

Did you NOT just read that he got that jug FOR FREE?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
Did you NOT just read that he got that jug FOR FREE?

nope..stopped at celltech hardcore...all i needed to know is right there...if i gave you a bucket of shit for free would you eat it? same point here..free or not he's eating shit...
footloose and fancy free

Ug

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
nope..stopped at celltech hardcore...all i needed to know is right there...if i gave you a bucket of shit for free would you eat it? same point here..free or not he's eating shit...
why is it shit?

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »

original celltech may have been shit but this is celltech "hardcore"  >:(

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »

Dead wrong, on that count, because I've used it and it's pretty good (except for the Orange brand....YUCK!!).

I do miss the old days of 2005, when I could get a 7-lb jug for $20 or less. Even the Orange was worth enduring at that price.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:58:02 PM »
How much water are you drinking daily?

Good call.
Dehydration is a common cause of headaches.
Creatine’s main mechanism is cellular uptake of water, which means you need to take in additional water for the rest of the body’s “normal” functions.

I believe the labels of most creatine products advise to consume extra water while using their product.

Most people don’t get enough water anyway, and they try to remedy the resulting side effects with other supplements.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
he'd be better off buying plain creatine...cheaper and it isn't loaded with sugar...pure shit...
footloose and fancy free

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
he'd be better off buying plain creatine...cheaper and it isn't loaded with sugar...pure shit...

Dextrose is the standard/recommended "sugar" to have with creatine.

I don't see anything wrong with this product.
:

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses.

Yes I do drink lots of water (even before I started creatine) so when the headaches started I made sure I was getting ample water. I make sure i'm getting my usual dose of vitamins/minerals/fish oil etc.

LOL at ROcky. Okay we get it you don't like muscletech stuff. No big deal.

I used creatine in the past ( generic prolab stuff) but haven't used it in over 4 years. I got this free jug so i figured I'd give it a go.  muscletech does overhype their stuff  but i doubt its as bad as Rocky makes it out to be. I can't recall if i got light headaches in the past with the prolab stuff.

Mcway - interested in your thoughts on this product. I thought the advertising on the jug was a bit over the top with the before after pics and 7X greater effect etc.  I don't believe that its that far superior over regular creatine. What were your observations after using it?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
Dextrose is the standard/recommended "sugar" to have with creatine.

I don't see anything wrong with this product.

Well..i guess that settles it.
footloose and fancy free

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

Yes I do drink lots of water (even before I started creatine) so when the headaches started I made sure I was getting ample water. I make sure i'm getting my usual dose of vitamins/minerals/fish oil etc.

LOL at ROcky. Okay we get it you don't like muscletech stuff. No big deal.

I used creatine in the past ( generic prolab stuff) but haven't used it in over 4 years. I got this free jug so i figured I'd give it a go.  muscletech does overhype their stuff  but i doubt its as bad as Rocky makes it out to be. I can't recall if i got light headaches in the past with the prolab stuff.

Mcway - interested in your thoughts on this product. I thought the advertising on the jug was a bit over the top with the before after pics and 7X greater effect etc.  I don't believe that its that far superior over regular creatine. What were your observations after using it?

If you've never loaded with creatine, you'll REALLY like doing so with Cell-Tech, as opposed to regular creatine.

My best experience with it was in 2005, when I was trying to drop some weight. It really helped me keep my strength (actually, I'd regained some lost strength) as my weight came down. For the most part, I kept my carbs low, except for my Cell-Tech use.

Again, except for the Orange kind, it tastes pretty good.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »

Well..i guess that settles it.

You haven't given any reason for saying it's "shit" other than "it's loaded with sugar".  The sugar, which is  dextrose, is needed as a driver and is always included in a creatine blend.  If you use straight creatine, what do you drink with it?  Some sort of sugar, right?  Dextrose would be the best choice.  This also has electrolytes which will help with cramping, which people often complain about along with aminos and other various vitamins.

:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »
I dont know If I ever tried hardcore but the original cell tech was the shit back in the day...for what its worth it actually recommended to get carbs and protein after a workout. If you stay on it I say you will notice a tad bit of strength gain 3 or 4 weeks into it make sure to take it everyday not just they days you workout.

For what its worth I do buy creatine monohydrate by itself and simply mix that with my protein to cut costs and I feel I respond better to monohydrate as opposed to other forms and I dont mind the slight bloat I get from it and I think hardcore is a mix of different types of creatine not just mono like the original.

Like the others said drink plenty of water, you might also get diarrhea which is another sign of dehydration.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 03:35:21 AM »
Well, I was always used to using just plain monohydrate but I tried some Hardcore recently.  Over three weeks and I can say that my strength gains have increased substantially.  Is it this stuff?...who knows, but I feel like the product is working. I don't even use it the way it's instructed, as I feel I get a lot of creatine from my regular protein intake from red meat everyday.  I didn't load, either....just two scoops as part of my post workout drink, followed up by about 35 grams of whey.

I used to be pretty anti supplements, and I firmly believe that if you're covering your nutritional goals through solid meals, then you're not going to see a lot of benefit to supps (whey, those things).   But creatine has reams of information out there on it and its effectiveness. 

The question is price.  Is it worth it to you?...my 6.6 jug is going to last me two months at the rate I use it (2 scoops a day postworkout, 4 times a week, don't take it on non training days).  It cost me about 50 bux for the jug, so 25 bux a month.  Previously, I used to pick up some monohydrate and Gatorade...the Gatorade cost around 20 bux a month and the creatine was usually around 10 bux a month. 

I'm paying for the convenience and, what I feel, the effect.  I've noticed big gains in strength over the last three weeks, with some lifts being personal bests.  Of course I don't think that the 'only' reason are the supps, but it's a part of the equation for sure.

I doubt I could get more out of a couple extra steaks or lean ground beef were I to spend my Celltech money on 'real' food.  Buy bulk, like anything else.  And stick to what's shown to work; seems like a smart option, if you want to supplement at all. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 05:10:11 AM »
Well, I was always used to using just plain monohydrate but I tried some Hardcore recently.  Over three weeks and I can say that my strength gains have increased substantially.  Is it this stuff?...who knows, but I feel like the product is working. I don't even use it the way it's instructed, as I feel I get a lot of creatine from my regular protein intake from red meat everyday.  I didn't load, either....just two scoops as part of my post workout drink, followed up by about 35 grams of whey.

I used to be pretty anti supplements, and I firmly believe that if you're covering your nutritional goals through solid meals, then you're not going to see a lot of benefit to supps (whey, those things).   But creatine has reams of information out there on it and its effectiveness.  

The question is price.  Is it worth it to you?...my 6.6 jug is going to last me two months at the rate I use it (2 scoops a day postworkout, 4 times a week, don't take it on non training days).  It cost me about 50 bux for the jug, so 25 bux a month.  Previously, I used to pick up some monohydrate and Gatorade...the Gatorade cost around 20 bux a month and the creatine was usually around 10 bux a month.  

I'm paying for the convenience and, what I feel, the effect.  I've noticed big gains in strength over the last three weeks, with some lifts being personal bests.  Of course I don't think that the 'only' reason are the supps, but it's a part of the equation for sure.

I doubt I could get more out of a couple extra steaks or lean ground beef were I to spend my Celltech money on 'real' food.  Buy bulk, like anything else.  And stick to what's shown to work; seems like a smart option, if you want to supplement at all.  

Of course, if you're patient enough and shop at enough GNCs, you will likely find a 7-lb jug of Cell-Tech that's been marked down for clearance. Get that (along with the Gold Card discount) and you're in business.

Since MuscleTech is pimp....ahem.....promoting this new "Pro Series" line, chances are the previous Cell-Tech Hardcore jugs will be marked down.

Granted, it won't be quite as good as the mid-2000s, when the Cell-Tech formula first got modified (the switch from the blue-and-white to the grey jugs, with the blue-and-white jugs, dropping to $20); but, you can still get some bargains.