Author Topic: Brandon Graham will go to the Pats and DESTROY Flacco and Ray Rice  (Read 6039 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: Brandon Graham will go to the Pats and DESTROY Flacco and Ray Rice
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
I feel bad for him because he worked so hard but his whole Career was injury plagued at MICHIGAN.  :-\ I could see him going in the 6th or 7th round but he has another pro day coming up here in a week or two but he was busted up under Mike Barwis. Brandon is a good back with power but he never panned out after Carr left and the same can be said about Kevin Grady and Carlos Brown.
That's why SC will no longer fight to recruit top hs backs because they come with so much hype and show nothing but drama.  The walkons and less highly recruited always show more heart. Mcknight came promissing to be the next Reggie Bush ...then injury after injury,  fumble after fumlbe,   suspension after suspension, excuse after excuse he has nothing to show but one 1,000 yard season which came because Stephon Johnson doesn't know prober bench press skills. I still see Minor making a team via FA and getting a thousand once he gets a break.
((-::

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:24 PM »
That's why SC will no longer fight to recruit top hs backs because they come with so much hype and show nothing but drama.  The walkons and less highly recruited always show more heart. Mcknight came promissing to be the next Reggie Bush ...then injury after injury,  fumble after fumlbe,   suspension after suspension, excuse after excuse he has nothing to show but one 1,000 yard season which came because Stephon Johnson doesn't know prober bench press skills. I still see Minor making a team via FA and getting a thousand once he gets a break.

Minor had so much promise but he always had a "Upper Body Injury"....He had a Torn rotator Cuff and that is why his pro day and his combine were not great at all. Carlos Brown was suppose to be a beast but he developed Artitis in both of his knees but he has a Blue Color work ethic and could get a free agent deal. Kevin Grady was a 5* RB and holds all the State of MICHIGAN records in running but never could get it together. I think that Greg Matthews could make a team, VIA free agent because he runs great routes and has great hands but did not get invited to the combine but had an excellent pro day. Donovan Warren made a big mistake by leaving early and with this draft having so many corners and with him running a 4.5 or 4.6 at his pro day and combine, not good. Zoltan Mesko, our punter had a great combine and a great Pro Day....Go figure.
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »
Minor had so much promise but he always had a "Upper Body Injury"....He had a Torn rotator Cuff and that is why his pro day and his combine were not great at all. Carlos Brown was suppose to be a beast but he developed Artitis in both of his knees but he has a Blue Color work ethic and could get a free agent deal. Kevin Grady was a 5* RB and holds all the State of MICHIGAN records in running but never could get it together. I think that Greg Matthews could make a team, VIA free agent because he runs great routes and has great hands but did not get invited to the combine but had an excellent pro day. Donovan Warren made a big mistake by leaving early and with this draft having so many corners and with him running a 4.5 or 4.6 at his pro day and combine, not good. Zoltan Mesko, our punter had a great combine and a great Pro Day....Go figure.
Warren may be a steal.   I think he left becasue of the projected db's comming out next year. The same reason Sanchez split last year becasue of the projected qbs for this year.   Though he still better than all of them except   shshsh Tebbow. But then again scouts say T2 can't throw...... :-\   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
Warren may be a steal.   I think he left becasue of the projected db's comming out next year. The same reason Sanchez split last year becasue of the projected qbs for this year.   Though he still better than all of them except   shshsh Tebbow. But then again scouts say T2 can't throw...... :-\   

Donovan Warren is a slight version of Leon Hall and that is maybe.... :-\
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
Donovan Warren is a slight version of Leon Hall and that is maybe.... :-\
Hall isn't so bad. With CB it all depends on where you go and what the teams want to do with you. Pacman was PROBABLY a better player than Newman, and all the cb's on Dallas but our scheme is a bit different than Tennessee's and WV's was. He just didn't fit in with us like Jenkins and Newman. I really don't care much for the cb's in this years draft Haden is ok   but nothing special   the rest bore me. I like the guy from UVA who is 6-2 210 but its obviouse he will be moved to safety.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

I think you're right on this one. If his college resume had been highly impressive, then the 40 time wouldn't be the end all be all.

Just look at Manningham - he was clearly 1st round talent, with issues of inconsistency and a poor 40 time (and the pot issue, to boot). Yet, he "only" fell to the third round. I think that's evidence that scouts are willing to look past the 40 time.

Now, in Manningham's case the issue appeared to be poor technique on the 40. Donovan might just be a slower dude, and maybe he can't improve on his 40 time.

However, his bench was relatively poor, too, by NFL standards.

Combine his 40 time, his bench, and his body of work in college, and I think scouts just aren't blown away. I'm sure some team will pick him up around round 4-5 on the premise that they can coach him up; however, I'm part of the crowd that thinks he could have earned himself some better money by being "NFL ready" prior to entering the draft.

D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »
I think you're right on this one. If his college resume had been highly impressive, then the 40 time wouldn't be the end all be all.

Just look at Manningham - he was clearly 1st round talent, with issues of inconsistency and a poor 40 time (and the pot issue, to boot). Yet, he "only" fell to the third round. I think that's evidence that scouts are willing to look past the 40 time.

Now, in Manningham's case the issue appeared to be poor technique on the 40. Donovan might just be a slower dude, and maybe he can't improve on his 40 time.

However, his bench was relatively poor, too, by NFL standards.

Combine his 40 time, his bench, and his body of work in college, and I think scouts just aren't blown away. I'm sure some team will pick him up around round 4-5 on the premise that they can coach him up; however, I'm part of the crowd that thinks he could have earned himself some better money by being "NFL ready" prior to entering the draft.

Character  Backgroud hurt Manningham. NY took a isk getting him and it paid off  well 2 yrs ago. I hear a lot of negative stuff about Ill's Benn but he's arguably the 2nd best wr prospect.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying Warren wouldn't improve by playing another year. Although its not certain, he probably would.

At issue is what would Warren gain by improving after another season at Michigan. Take out all the uncertainty and risk and assume a best case scenario: Warren is an all-american CB on a successful Michigan team and enters the draft in 2011 with better footwork and displaying a stronger work ethic. Even in this (highly unlikely) rosy scenario, Warren's still not a 1st rounder because of his other flaws (e.g. speed). Maybe he's moved himself up from the 4th or 5th round to the 2nd round, but his increased signing bonus is offset by losing a year of NFL pay and delaying his first free agent contract.

Scenario A: If Warren is really a great player, despite the concerns, he's better off going pro now for financial reasons. The only way this isn't the case is if he gets drafted towards the top of the 1st round which seems incredibly unlikely given the combine results.

Scenario B: If Warren is really an average player, he's better off going pro and earning an extra year of the $2-3M salary. His draft position in the 2nd or 5th round or whatever won't substantially alter his earnings.

Scenario C: If Warren is awful...yeah, he made a mistake. If he gets cut right away and pisses away his signing bonus, he'll regret the decision. However, while its not an impossibility, its fairly uncommon for 3rd-5th round picks to get cut right away.

D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
There is really just 3 good CB's this year. The Florida guy is tops. Earl Thomas is sometimes put in the CB catagory but is a safety.  Javier Arena's is really just a great return guy   So Warren may be that 3rd guy to take a risk on.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
There is really just 3 good CB's this year. The Florida guy is tops. Earl Thomas is sometimes put in the CB catagory but is a safety.  Javier Arena's is really just a great return guy   So Warren may be that 3rd guy to take a risk on.

Warren has shown what he can do individually on a football field already. Theres no question playing way better his senior year would have moved him up...but how much? Its no sure thing he would have played much better this season.

Again, the issue here is not that he is a good player, its that he has physical limitations for an NFL DB. The issue that (presumably) drops him from being a 2nd rounder to a 4th or 5th will still hinder him next year, even if by virtue of on-field play he bumps himself up into the 1st round, his 40 time will still hurt him.

His POTENTIAL gain is way smaller than what he stands to lose.
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 08:18:20 PM »
Warren has shown what he can do individually on a football field already. Theres no question playing way better his senior year would have moved him up...but how much? Its no sure thing he would have played much better this season.

Again, the issue here is not that he is a good player, its that he has physical limitations for an NFL DB. The issue that (presumably) drops him from being a 2nd rounder to a 4th or 5th will still hinder him next year, even if by virtue of on-field play he bumps himself up into the 1st round, his 40 time will still hurt him.

His POTENTIAL gain is way smaller than what he stands to lose.

USA TODAY's Draft Preview projects him going in the 2nd round. And as the 4th best Corner.   6ft 185 isn't so bad. Newman was drafted at 169 and change. He's now 195 after lifting his way to 2 hernia's while pretending he was Yates in the weight room.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »
USA TODAY's Draft Preview projects him going in the 2nd round. And as the 4th best Corner.   6ft 185 isn't so bad. Newman was drafted at 169 and change. He's now 195 after lifting his way to 2 hernia's while pretending he was Yates in the weight room.

My friends said that he would never put in the time in the weight room and it showed at the combine and his pro day.
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
My friends said that he would never put in the time in the weight room and it showed at the combine and his pro day.
He has time for that. Wherever he goes, he'll be on special teams anyway and in training camp he can lift. But he has the size. Speed is ok.  But comming from Michigan may help raise his stock over the guy from pfpfpfpf Boise! 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
He has time for that. Wherever he goes, he'll be on special teams anyway and in training camp he can lift. But he has the size. Speed is ok.  But comming from Michigan may help raise his stock over the guy from pfpfpfpf Boise! 

Game Tape tells alot but Golden Tate used him like a Used Rubber.  :o
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Game Tape tells alot but Golden Tate used him like a Used Rubber.  :o
Tate is much faster now. He wants to be a Terry Glenn type of reciever so he'll be burning CB's left and right.   He carried Clausen hopefully he can carry Romo!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
Tate is much faster now. He wants to be a Terry Glenn type of reciever so he'll be burning CB's left and right.   He carried Clausen hopefully he can carry Romo!

Michael Floyd destroyed Warren also.  >:(
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
Michael Floyd destroyed Warren also.  >:(
I don't know who that is    about to look him up.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:36 PM »
I don't know who that is    about to look him up.

He will be a Junior at Norte Dame this season and is a WR.  >:(
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
He will be a Junior at Norte Dame this season and is a WR.  >:(
Yeah I saw   he might be  also be why Tate left.   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 08:53:23 PM »
Yeah I saw   he might be  also be why Tate left.   

Tate left because Jobba the Weis got Fired.  ;D
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »
Tate left because Jobba the Weis got Fired.  ;D
The main reason.  Jobba ?  Why because he was 400 lbs bigger than Holtz?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
The main reason.  Jobba ?  Why because he was 400 lbs bigger than Holtz?

YES!!  :D Jobba the Weiss was stealing all the players pre game meals.  :D
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »
YES!!  :D Jobba the Weiss was stealing all the players pre game meals.  :D
Meeeeeeean    Well he was trying to bulk up to THE TUNA's Size!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
Meeeeeeean    Well he was trying to bulk up to THE TUNA's Size!

That fat Fucker has always told every QB that he made Tom Brady.  >:(
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
That fat Fucker has always told every QB that he made Tom Brady.  >:(
Well his stash of QB's speaks for itself.   Brady, Quinn, Clausen   there all pretty good.  But theyw were good before they go there.   But he can take SOME credit if it makes him happy.   But How'd ge make Brady, payoff  the guy who ko'd Bledsoe?