Author Topic: Did anybody watch NXT?  (Read 1298 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Did anybody watch NXT?
« on: February 26, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
Anybody watch this?  It's an interesting concept, but you could see some of them were very nervous in front of the bigger crowds.  They seem to have a couple of good gimmicks, but apart from Bryan, are all using the 'maximum charisma' card, which only works if you've actually got some!

A couple of missed moves in the matches, like I said, they seemed to be trying too hard.  Daniel Bryan went for a suicide dive through the ropes, but went so fast that he went over Jericho and into the announce table.  When you see it in slow mo, Jericho tried to bring him down but it didn't help much.  Otunga's finisher was supposed to be a spine buster, but the other guy didn't help him much with that one.

One big positive though, half of these rookies look like they've avoided the Wellness Policy so far.  If this is the future, then the future is juiced!  We knew Vince couldn't live without the bigger guys for long!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Did anybody watch NXT?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:12:21 PM »
I haven't watched it yet.
Are they actually doing Sci-Fi angles?

Any good looking girlies?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Did anybody watch NXT?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »
I haven't watched it yet.
Are they actually doing Sci-Fi angles?

Any good looking girlies?

No Sci-Fi, no girlies, so it could be better!

It's a kind of a reality thing, with the pro's 'mentoring' the rookies.  It's got potential, but we'll have to give it a few weeks to see where it goes.