Author Topic: Umaga toxoligy reports are finally in....  (Read 2470 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Umaga toxoligy reports are finally in....
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »
See for yourselves below:

The toxicology results are in for former WWE superstar Eddie “Umaga” Fatu, who died of a heart attack at the age of 36 on December 4, 2009.

Nearly three months after Umaga's death, Dan Morgan, supervisory forensic investigator for Houston, Texas' Harris County, has determined that Fatu's cause of death was "acute toxicity due to combined effects of hydrocodone, carisoprodol, and diazepam."

More specifically, it was a lethal combination of painkillers (hydrocodone), muscle relaxers (carisoprodol), and anti-anxiety medication (diazepam).

While Umaga is believed to had a history of drug abuse, the "acute toxicity" finding indicates that his death was the direct result of a deadly mix of drugs in a short period of time (opposed to his body finally giving out due to chronic abuse).

As WWE was very clear to point out on December 4th, Umaga was not an active member of the WWE roster at the time of his death. He had been released six months prior after failing a Wellness policy drug tests and refusing to go to rehab. He wrestled for Hulk Hogan's "Hulkamania: Let the Battle Begin" tour just weeks before his death and appeared to be happy and in good spirits.

Pain killers yet again....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Umaga toxoligy reports are finally in....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
All the wrestlers are on that shit. Between their hectic travel schedule and bumps they take, it's no surprise.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:33:43 PM »
At least the media can't chalk another up to the dreaded 'roids.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »
At least the media can't chalk another up to the dreaded 'roids.
Bullseye. The media makes me sick. They are so damn misinformed it isn't even funny. Its sad.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »
Give them time...
They could still likely link a broader connection between wrestling & general Rx drug use.
Although, being that this was "three whole months" ago, the news vampires are probably only interested in sucking the lifeblood out of more current “hotter” topics.

At the very least, they’ll keep Eddie’s profile on hand for the next documentary or news piece dealing with deaths in pro wrestling.
That, I can almost guarantee.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »
The media has gone so overboard that's it's ridiculous... If i'd have to bet most of the people writing this stuff are high on something...

And i do understand these wrestlers, it's very easy to go overboard with this stuff, I'm a powerlifter and have a lot nagging injuries, ironically most of them haven't came from weights, but from military service and work... Anyway i have been given plenty of painkillers, downers and muscle relaxers over the years and sometimes i have feared that it goes overboard even though the docs say otherwise, so it's up to you to keep track and back off when you don't need them anymore (easier said than done)...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
no semen found in his system?......give it time...

bench

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:36 AM »
The schedule that wrestlers have is absolutely brutal.  Constant traveling, house shows, once a month PPVs, 4 weekly shows, training in-ring and at the gym...........with no mandated offseason.  The business is way too stressful on both mind and body.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 05:44:03 AM »
The schedule that wrestlers have is absolutely brutal.  Constant traveling, house shows, once a month PPVs, 4 weekly shows, training in-ring and at the gym...........with no mandated offseason.  The business is way too stressful on both mind and body.
Plus the European tours and Austrailian tours that they doo. They might be on a PPV sunday night, Raw monday and on the road for another 5-7 days in another continent.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 06:28:03 AM »
This might sound dumb, but I've allways wondered what these guys do or take when they get sick... and i don't mean when they get seriously ill, but just like the common cold. I know they still keep going so either they have some magical medications or just ignore it, which is asking for trouble... So if any of you know about those medications (other than b-12 injections or antibiotics) please share.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 07:12:01 AM »
This might sound dumb, but I've allways wondered what these guys do or take when they get sick... and i don't mean when they get seriously ill, but just like the common cold. I know they still keep going so either they have some magical medications or just ignore it, which is asking for trouble... So if any of you know about those medications (other than b-12 injections or antibiotics) please share.
They just keep going. Unless its critical like a flu with fever they still wrestle. Back a few years when Shawn Michaels wrestle Sid for the world title at Royal Rumble in San Antonio he basically wrestled with the flu. You take the good with the bad I suppose.