Author Topic: water control  (Read 830 times)

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
water control
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
i'm in a gaining phase right now after a long layoff and am taking in a high amount of carbs(500-600g/day).  i've been making good gains while staying pretty full and hard.  that being said, last week the dam must have broke because i'm suddenly holding water like a fish.  what do yall do to for water control while gaining?  i drink about 1-1.5 gallons of water/day and take fish oil, a multi, glucosamine, and nsaids(elbow pain).  any suggestions?  dandelion root?  also, up until last week i hadn't been doing any cardio.  i'll probably start with 30min 3x's wk.  thanks

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: water control
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
i'm in a gaining phase right now after a long layoff and am taking in a high amount of carbs(500-600g/day).  i've been making good gains while staying pretty full and hard.  that being said, last week the dam must have broke because i'm suddenly holding water like a fish.  what do yall do to for water control while gaining?  i drink about 1-1.5 gallons of water/day and take fish oil, a multi, glucosamine, and nsaids(elbow pain).  any suggestions?  dandelion root?  also, up until last week i hadn't been doing any cardio.  i'll probably start with 30min 3x's wk.  thanks

Typically, the more you drink, the less you'll retain.  HOWEVER, in your case, your carbs are probably what's holding the water - that and all the sodium within...  Try some asparagus  ;)
:

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
Re: water control
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
ok ;D  i'll probably just up my water intake to about 2-2.5 gallons/day and see where that takes me.  i'm actually not very worried about it, but i thought it was crazy that all of a sudden i just spilled over :o