Author Topic: The Next Scott Brown?  (Read 452 times)

James

The Next Scott Brown?
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
Can California elect a Republican to the Senate? In a more conventional time, that might seem like a fanciful question. But with Scott Brown’s improbable victory in true-blue Massachusetts, it’s very much within the realm of possibility. Further underscoring that point, today’s New York Times reports on the surprisingly competitive race between three Republican challengers to unseat 17-year Senate veteran and liberal icon Barbara Boxer. California Democrats continue to enjoy some traditional advantages – 1.5 million more registered voters, for one – but Boxer’s hold on the Senate seat seems increasingly precarious, and her past political success is not necessarily prologue:

John J. Pitney Jr., a political science professor at Claremont McKenna College, said Mrs. Boxer’s previous easy victories in Senate races could be misleading, since they took place in what were more favorable political environments. “She may be more vulnerable than it seems at first,” Professor Pitney said.

The tightening poll numbers bear this out, and even Boxer herself acknowledges:

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/03/02/the-next-scott-brown/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: The Next Scott Brown?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
After Brown's latest fiasco, many are questioning whether he is actually a Republican or not.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »
Brown 2012.... a few getbiggers were ready to give this guy the presidency despite the fact his resume is thinner than Obama's was, and he's kinda a d-bag.

"Me and my truuuuuck"... STFU already.  healthcare reconcilliation means this guy's only claim to fame was holding the Mass seat for 2 years until a real dem candidate grabs it back in 2012.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
Brown 2012.... a few getbiggers were ready to give this guy the presidency despite the fact his resume is thinner than Obama's was, and he's kinda a d-bag.

"Me and my truuuuuck"... STFU already.  healthcare reconcilliation means this guy's only claim to fame was holding the Mass seat for 2 years until a real dem candidate grabs it back in 2012.

Not if they run the drunken strung out junkie Patrick Kennedy.If they are dumb enough to run that little stoner they will lose again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »

Like I said from day 1 - if Brown votes against crap and tax and health care, he is fine with me. 

BTW 240 - there is no real dem candidate in Mass.  They are all communists and that state is imploding as well as all the others due to the insane level of spending.

Check out businessinsider today.  they have an article about all the states near collapse. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »

Wow,so him telling the story of his truck is silly.But Obama telling stories of his father WHO NEVER KNEW and who left him while his white mother raised him,is great stuff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
defend a turd with a turd billy.  I see you put obama and brown both in the POS category.  great work.

Seriously, the Gop is soooooooo desperate for a hero they'll annoint a windbag like Brown for scraping a win from a d-bagette like Coakley.  beck didn't fall for it.  but getbiggers were anxious to mail their $ away to his 2012 presidential campaign.

seriously repubs... do a little 'vetting', or maybe let a guy serve a single guy in the Senate before deciding he's ready to be president, mmkay?