Author Topic: Why didn't Marcus Ruhl place higher?  (Read 23808 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why didn't Marcus Ruhl place higher?
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »
Marcus' trademark width was at the complete expense of creating a pleasing and proportional physique.

It seems Marcus could not impartially judge his own shortcomings.....his arms and back needed a lot more work in terms of quality, while his upper chest and shoulders needed to supplement his appearance rather than dominate.......he needed to step back from the mind-set of being the largest Caucasian bastard onstage VS "what do I need to improve to place ahead of these guys in front of me?".

Yes, maybe he got shafted in the placings, but I'm more concerned about his inability to put together a good package......he's a dumb ass German who blew his potential

Minus the part about his being "dumb", what you mentioned is the "politics" as to why Ruhl can lose to a much smaller bodybuilder like Darrem Charles.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2010, 06:04:54 AM »
Ruhl wasn't a US citizen. He couldn't come up through the NPC. The bottom line is that Ruhl has LOST to other bodybuilders like Art Atwood and Darrem Charles. So, why is it such a weird concept that Jay Cutler beat him?

No $hit

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2010, 08:35:12 AM »
No $hit

Why don't you highlight the rest?

Your claiming that Ruhl didn't have better success (not that his career wasn't a good one, in its own right), simply because he wasn't an American is utterly silly. Again, the idea that his losing the Jay Cutler is so unfathomble makes no sense. I already listed two bodybuilders, that aren't quite Culter's caliber, THAT HAVE DEFEATED RUHL.

Adder

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »

Your claiming that Ruhl didn't have better success (not that his career wasn't a good one, in its own right), simply because he wasn't an American is utterly silly. Again, the idea that his losing the Jay Cutler is so unfathomble makes no sense. I already listed two bodybuilders, that aren't quite Culter's caliber, THAT HAVE DEFEATED RUHL.
Comment on his 4th place at 1999 NC... that was fair?no politics at that contest?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »
Comment on his 4th place at 1999 NC... that was fair?no politics at that contest?

NOPE!! Again, Ruhl got beat by a better-proportioned, better-shaped bodybuilder (i.e. Dexter Jackson).

And, that's happened multiple times, again see the 2003 Maximus Pro, where Darrem Charles beat him for the title.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:01 AM »
Markus makes Paul look like a child

$

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »

And yet, Paul beat him. As did Dexter (who's even smaller than Paul), and Darrem in 2003, who's even SMALLER than Dexter.

Once again, Ruhl losing to smaller bodybuilders ain't some phenomenon.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean he looks better.
X

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »

I was at the 1999 & 2000 NOC. Markus destroyed everyone in those shows. Yet he placed 4th in 99 and lost to Jay in 2000. I was at the 1999 Mr. O. Markus didn't place... what a joke.. he looked better than Nasser. I was at the 2003 AC and Markus lost against Culter and Cormier. He clearly looked better than both. Markus never befriended Manion or any of the judges. He got the shaft so many times it is not even funny.

I was not at the shows Markus lost to Atwood and Darrem. So... I won't pass judgement.

I'm purely going by the shows I attended in person and I remember each time I left the auditorium I was so pissed that I swore I will never watch this crap again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
I was at the 1999 & 2000 NOC. Markus destroyed everyone in those shows. Yet he placed 4th in 99 and lost to Jay in 2000. I was at the 1999 Mr. O. Markus didn't place... what a joke.. he looked better than Nasser. I was at the 2003 AC and Markus lost against Culter and Cormier. He clearly looked better than both. Markus never befriended Manion or any of the judges. He got the shaft so many times it is not even funny.

I was not at the shows Markus lost to Atwood and Darrem. So... I won't pass judgement.

I'm purely going by the shows I attended in person and I remember each time I left the auditorium I was so pissed that I swore I will never watch this crap again.

Does Ruhl have better shape and proportions than those men (Cutler, Cormier, Jackson, etc.)? I'd say NO.

The only thing he has on them is size. He'd have to be spot-on AND have those guys be off, in order to beat them, in my view.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »
Does Ruhl have better shape and proportions than those men (Cutler, Cormier, Jackson, etc.)? I'd say NO.

The only thing he has on them is size. He'd have to be spot-on AND have those guys be off, in order to beat them, in my view.

Look... we can make a thread out of this just like the Dorian vs. Ronnie craze and analyze and speculate and what not. In the end you will only get your answer when you see those two guys on stage together.

As far as Markus is concerned I was at those shows I mentioned. I know what I saw. I remember the loud booing I heard. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

shut the fuck up already, theres a hell of alot more to it than 'aesthetically pleasing shape'...according to you steve reeves would win every single modern bbing contest -because NOBODY had the shape and proportions he did.
did Ronald have the best shape and proportions? no.
does fucking cutler have anything that can even be called 'shape'? hell no.

darrem charles should NEVER beat Ruhl in a bodybuilding contest, EVER.

Ruhl beats him on overall development, size, taller, wider, just as good 'shape' and taper, superior chest, delts, traps, quads, hams, calves (darrem doesnt even have legs AT ALL), biceps, back width and thickness, the list goes on... but darrem came 5% more 'conditioned' so he wins.  ::)

what a bunch of bullshit

Adder

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
NOPE!! Again, Ruhl got beat by a better-proportioned, better-shaped bodybuilder (i.e. Dexter Jackson).

And, that's happened multiple times, again see the 2003 Maximus Pro, where Darrem Charles beat him for the title.
LMAO better proportioned paul dillet? are you serious?

Charles Darrem never made it to the top 6 of the olympia but ruhl did(next year-2005 he came bloated with lots of water shity condition and from 5th place he took 15place) btw what place did wolf take this year? from 5place last years olympia...yes when you come in with no condition you will lose to anyone.

Art Atwood never made it in the top 10 of the olympia the same year that he beat ruhl he took 12 place at the olympia but ruhl got 8th so what?
Markus beat dexter at the  2000 Toronto Pro Invitational soo what hapened there with the better shaped bodybuilders?

Its very simple Ruhl lost to artwood and darrem because he maybe fucked up the carb loading and was out of shape one week later after NOC just like cutler fucked up his last days before the olympia and lost to Dexter.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

What about in 1998? Ruhl was 9th? Jonny Moya was 4th! Ruhl looked crazy that year too.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean he looks better.
he looks much better, Dillet had the worst back of all the pros (and amateurs) and has a film of water here

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »
someone should start a team Rhul like team Nasser, but better.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
Why did markus lost to nasser at 2000 mr olympia? ??? ??? ???

wtf? ???

Bigbobs and Sherief must be slipping to let a post like this go unchallenged and counter argued.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
shut the fuck up already, theres a hell of alot more to it than 'aesthetically pleasing shape'...according to you steve reeves would win every single modern bbing contest -because NOBODY had the shape and proportions he did.
did Ronald have the best shape and proportions? no.
does fucking cutler have anything that can even be called 'shape'? hell no.

darrem charles should NEVER beat Ruhl in a bodybuilding contest, EVER.

But he has, and he's beaten him more than once, particularly at the OLYMPIA (along with his 2003 Maximus Pro win).

So, if Ruhl can consistently LOSE to much smaller guys like Darrem Charles, his getting defeated by Jay Cutler ain't that big of a stretch.

Spare me your whining and blubbering.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
LMAO better proportioned paul dillet? are you serious?

Charles Darrem never made it to the top 6 of the olympia but ruhl did(next year-2005 he came bloated with lots of water shity condition and from 5th place he took 15place) btw what place did wolf take this year? from 5place last years olympia...yes when you come in with no condition you will lose to anyone.

Art Atwood never made it in the top 10 of the olympia the same year that he beat ruhl he took 12 place at the olympia but ruhl got 8th so what?
Markus beat dexter at the  2000 Toronto Pro Invitational soo what hapened there with the better shaped bodybuilders?

Its very simple Ruhl lost to artwood and darrem because he maybe fucked up the carb loading and was out of shape one week later after NOC just like cutler fucked up his last days before the olympia and lost to Dexter.

Yes, Ruhl did place as high as 5th at the Olympia. But guess who beat him there: The same guy that beat him at the 1999 NOC, Dexter Jackson (smaller, but with better proportions).

And, if you really want to keep score as far as Dexter Jackson and Markus Ruhl are concerned, Dexter Jackson, MR. OLYMPIA...enough said.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2010, 01:44:30 PM »
someone should start a team Rhul like team Nasser, but better.
you got it

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

Marcus does the pose differently. He puts his two knuckles together pushing his elbows and shoulders out. The proper way is to hold one hand clasped around the wrist. This brings the shoulder girdle together. The way Ruhl does it, gives him the illusion of width compared to those who do it properly. And he knows this. In fact, at that contest I believe he should have won against Paul. Paul came out of shape ( not conditioned), both in shape weigh 275-280. Paul I shape just looks better. Both have shitty backs compared their fronts.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »
Marcus does the pose differently. He puts his two knuckles together pushing his elbows and shoulders out. The proper way is to hold one hand clasped around the wrist. This brings the shoulder girdle together. The way Ruhl does it, gives him the illusion of width compared to those who do it properly. And he knows this. In fact, at that contest I believe he should have won against Paul. Paul came out of shape ( not conditioned), both in shape weigh 275-280. Paul I shape just looks better. Both have shitty backs compared their fronts.

The only REAL difference between Marcus and Paul is that one had confidence and one didn't.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
The only REAL difference between Marcus and Paul is that one had confidence and one didn't.
Are you talking about the one who got in front of Dorian during the 1993 Posedown and caused a ruckus? Are you talking about the one who apparently hase "flat biceps", if you've seen video you know the joke. Thing is Paul was past his prime in 2000, and beyond. He had virtually no cartilage in his shoulders, numerous operations on the shoulders, doctors telling him to stop competing.

But I think had he trained harder his ass would have dwarfed every living pro bber during his competitive yrs. But he didn't, just like Ruhl will fade into the distance...being beat by a inferior Evan Centopani.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »

Is this pic shopped?

Either of Dillet's arms dwarf his chest, and... Ruhl's front lats. Dear Jesus.

Adder

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »
Its not shopped Dillet just have small chest and dont know how  to pose.