Author Topic: Do I need rest while Im "ON"  (Read 2025 times)

edlona

• Getbig I
Do I need rest while Im "ON"
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
Newby Question.....Do I need rest from the gym while Im "ON"... Or can I hit the gym daily, because I feel like I could just keep lifting

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
Re: Do I need rest while Im "ON"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
Newby Question.....Do I need rest from the gym while Im "ON"... Or can I hit the gym daily, because I feel like I could just keep lifting
Dont change anything about your gym routine.... dont do anything different when your "on" that you wouldnt do if you were "off"

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »
Take ATLEASt one day of rest a week

edlona

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
Thanks for the advice, first time "ON" and I like the feeling. But I dont want to screw it up. Im glad this website is available thanks again

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
Dont change anything about your gym routine.... dont do anything different when your "on" that you wouldnt do if you were "off"
i thought you didnt use.  :)

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »
well if you are eating a shit load of food you should have enough energy to push way past your previous limits also if you feel you can lift everyday of the week i dont think you are working hard enough during each session........ hell unless you are gearing up for a show thats about the only time i see people lifting everyday but they also lift liter and more reps fewer breaks between sets to burn cals and also to get more seperation in the muscles........ i useually lift 4 times a week but i will hit 3 body parts hard per session lasting over 2 hours and the fourth day i will do a series of back and forth sets bis tris chest lats traps delts just to pump them full of blood and keep them stimulated

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
i thought you didnt use.  :)

i dont, but i never said i dont research. i read alot of this shit, and i've read plenty where people say " dont be a juice warrior, do the same training when your "on" and "off""
speaking of which.. im getting more and more tempted to do a cycle, but i think it'll be at least another 2-3 years where i will seriously consider it. Im not gonna deny that its always in the back of my mind, whether to juice or not to

4thAD

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:48 PM »
i dont, but i never said i dont research. i read alot of this shit, and i've read plenty where people say " dont be a juice warrior, do the same training when your "on" and "off""
speaking of which.. im getting more and more tempted to do a cycle, but i think it'll be at least another 2-3 years where i will seriously consider it. Im not gonna deny that its always in the back of my mind, whether to juice or not to

Yeah as stated above bro, just train as you normally would. You def want to train hard, but your body still needs time to recover.

dustin

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
You'll grow faster if you train the same, just with a little more volume and a little heavier weights. Eat well and rest up. If you push too hard then it'll be waste of steroids.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
whether your on or off, you should always train as hard as you can...with a rare exception for planned rest periods or periods of recovery.

you should vary the rest times in between workouts, vary your total volume in each workout, vary the rep range used...   and keep making those changes to your routine in a cyclical, periodized fashion in order to keep gains coming.

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »
whether your on or off, you should always train as hard as you can...with a rare exception for planned rest periods or periods of recovery.

you should vary the rest times in between workouts, vary your total volume in each workout, vary the rep range used...   and keep making those changes to your routine in a cyclical, periodized fashion in order to keep gains coming.

Good advice. Always change up your routine, because your body will become accustomed to the routine if you don't.

edlona

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
Took my first rest day, Im glad I asked everyone. I felt to much stronger and had a great workout. I guess it's part a mental thing. My mind just wants to keep going...Im glad I asked for help.

4thAD

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »
Took my first rest day, Im glad I asked everyone. I felt to much stronger and had a great workout. I guess it's part a mental thing. My mind just wants to keep going...Im glad I asked for help.

Good for you man, sounds like your enjoying your cycle.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
Yes it can be hard to temper that enthusiasm and new aggression towards the weights.  I agree with the others on rest is still needed.  But if you are feeling good and you got a bit extra to give then by all means do, but always be safe and remember muscles get stronger faster than tendons.  This can give you confidence when training heavy, buy adding Headroom to your abilities.  Some of my best gym memories come from being jacked on the cycle and hitting personal best sets on the big exercises.