Author Topic: Shenanigans Just Don't Stop... More Fake Gold!!!  (Read 798 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Shenanigans Just Don't Stop... More Fake Gold!!!
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
For those of you who have invested in GOLD in hopes of staving off wealth loss as the US dollar plunges...you might want to have your GOLD checked into as these gold plated tungsten fakes are appearing everywhere...even amongst the wealth and in other countries.

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

By Patrick A. Heller on March 2nd, 2010
Categories: Featured Articles, Gold and Silver Commentary, Precious Metals

Recently, the German television station ProSieben ran a news story covering W. C. Heraeus in Hanau, Germany, the world’s largest privately owned refinery.  In the story, Wilfried Hörner, the head of the gold foundry, shows a 500 gram bar (16.0755 troy ounces) received from an unidentified bank.  The bar had the right physical dimensions to be an authentic gold bar, but one of the Heraeus employees suspected something funny.  After the bar was cut in half, you can see that the inside is tungsten, with only a coating of gold on the outside.

You can watch this news story on You Tube, where it was posted February 28, at

Last fall, Rob Kirby of Kirby Analytics in Toronto reported that China’s central bank had discovered some 400-ounce gold-plated tungsten bars among those it had recently received from bonded warehouses.  It was later learned that at least four counterfeit bars were found and that all had come from sources in the United States.  As suspicions grow about counterfeit bars among those held in bonded warehouses for delivery against either COMEX or London Bullion Market Association contracts or shares of exchange traded funds, investors could panic.  So, you can understand that there has been almost a total blackout on news coverage on this story.

Tungsten is the only lower value metal that has a specific density close enough to gold to fabricate passable counterfeit pieces of the same size and weight as genuine coins and ingots.  Over the years, there have been a few isolated reports of smaller coins and bars found to have been drilled to remove some of the gold which was replaced with tungsten.  However, it is far more profitable to fabricate larger original bars of tungsten that are then gold-plated.

Thus far, the commodity exchanges have disclaimed of any responsibility for the purity of the gold bars they are delivering against contracts.  As stories of gold-plated tungsten bars in bonded warehouses continue to appear, I expect the commodity exchanges are going to be forced to modify their business practices to provide a guaranty of purity for any bars they deliver.

The process of non-destructive testing of bars to check for counterfeits involves very expensive equipment and is time consuming.  It is beyond the means of almost all investors and coin dealers.  For maximize safety, I recommend purchasing only smaller size coins and ingots, say two ounces of gold content or less, and only deal with a company that has a lengthy track record and in-house staff expertise (unlike the bank that took in this counterfeit 500 gram bar).  If you have purchased coins and ingots from unknown sources, you may want have them checked out by an experienced independent third party.

In contrast, the last things I would want to invest in are large gold bars stored in bonded warehouses in unallocated storage.  If it turns out that the warehouse holding your bars has too many counterfeit bars in their inventory, it could go bankrupt.  That would leave holders of unallocated inventory as unsecured creditors of the bankrupt company, and not as owners of gold.

Because the existence of counterfeit gold-plated tungsten bars could have such a huge impact on the financial markets, there is a huge potential for deception and misinformation to be passed around.  Be very careful about automatically believing any story you may hear.  For your own protection, it would be better to take physical possession of the smaller sizes of gold coins and bars now, and know that what you own genuine solid gold.

Patrick A. Heller owns Liberty Coin Service in Lansing, Michigan and writes "Liberty's Outlook," a monthly newsletter covering rare coins and precious metals. Past issues can be found online at http://www.libertycoinservice.com/ Pat Heller is also the gold market commentator for Numismatic News. Past columns online at http://numismaster.com/
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Shenanigans Just Don't Stop... More Fake Gold!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
This little gadget is supposed to help you avoid the fake gold ...wafers at least.

Fake gold tester
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
haahahahahhaha

$1100 per ounce....

$1000

$900

$450 :)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »
haahahahahhaha

$1100 per ounce....

$1000

$900

$450 :)

Actually it will be the opposite. When people realize there is LESS gold than was and is being reported the value of gold is going to skyrocket. As it stands right now there is lets say 400 million ounces of gold in the world (it is just a number I made up) but of that, 100 million ounces is tungsten. When people and businesses realize there is only three hundred million ounces of gold the price will go through the roof. Notice the media has been HUSH on this...they don't want to cause a panic amongst the masses , businesses and countries who have been hoodwinked and have just found out that there investments have turned out to be fraudulent. I have a feeling when this finally does become public gold will be at 3000 dollars per ounce if not more.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
Actually it will be the opposite. When people realize there is LESS gold than was and is being reported the value of gold is going to skyrocket. As it stands right now there is lets say 400 million ounces of gold in the world (it is just a number I made up) but of that, 100 million ounces is tungsten. When people and businesses realize there is only three hundred million ounces of gold the price will go through the roof. Notice the media has been HUSH on this...they don't want to cause a panic amongst the masses , businesses and countries who have been hoodwinked and have just found out that there investments have turned out to be fraudulent. I have a feeling when this finally does become public gold will be at 3000 dollars per ounce if not more.
that's what I was thinking too.  If gold was artificially inflated via false gold then the real gold values are going to be much greater the more false gold(tungsten) is uncovered. I would like to see better evidence that this is large scale.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »
that's what I was thinking too.  If gold was artificially inflated via false gold then the real gold values are going to be much greater the more false gold(tungsten) is uncovered. I would like to see better evidence that this is large scale.

You didn't hear about the 60 metric tons of gold China purchased only to find out it was filled with Tungsten. I posted it on this board about a month or two ago. China was the first to discover this fraud. Then London found out it was hoodwinked, then Germany, India purchased a lot of gold, but has not said so far it its gold has tungsten. I have not heard anything from the average joe investor who has purchased gold in hopes of staving off financial collapse should their countries respective dollars drop sharply in value. I will have to find the posts where I put up this information about the tungsten gold before....this is crazy and definitely could cause major market drops if countries find out they have been hoodwinked and start reacting to it..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2385151/posts

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=145758.0

http://www.bearmarketinvestments.com/gld-etf-warning-tungsten-filled-fake-gold-bars
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »
You didn't hear about the 400 million ounces China purchased only to find out it was filled with Tungsten. I posted it on this board about a month or two ago. China was the first to discover this fraud. Then London found out it was hoodwinked, then Germany, India purchased a lot of gold, but has not said so far it its gold has tungsten. I have not heard anything from the average joe investor who has purchased gold in hopes of staving off financial collapse should their countries respective dollars drop sharply in value. I will have to find the posts where I put up this information about the tungsten gold before....this is crazy and definitely could cause major market drops if countries find out they have been hoodwinked and start reacting to it..
I remember the story.  I just wasn't sure if it was true or not.  Do you have any absolute confirmation of it?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »
Bob Chapman talking about the FAKE GOLD

C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »
thanks samson.  I'm listening now.  what show is this?  who's doing it?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »
thanks samson.  I'm listening now.  what show is this?  who's doing it?

It's THE POWER HOUR hosted by Joyce Reilly...SHe is on the same network as Alex Jones. Her show comes on earlier than Alex. Her show is very good and she is always up on the latest information and topics
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
I'm still listening.  Wanna check it out more. Just checked on the show.  It's listed as a right-wing conservative program.  Will be intesting to see what conservatives here think of it.