Author Topic: Republican Anti-Gay Lawmaker At Gay Club Before DUI Arrest  (Read 1015 times)

Mons Venus

Republican Anti-Gay Lawmaker At Gay Club Before DUI Arrest
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
SACRAMENTO AP  A state senator from Southern California was arrested for allegedly
for allegedly driving drunk after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub
in midtown Sacramento, early Wednesday morning.

The California Highway Patrol pulled over Senator Roy Ashburn at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday after an officer noticed a black Chevy Tahoe swerving at 13th and L Streets.

Ashburn, a father of four, is a Republican Senator representing parts of Kern, Tulare and San Bernardino Counties with a history of opposing gay rights

When the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, the driver identified himself as Senator Ashburn. He was arrested without incident and charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level higher than .08% or higher.

A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car but was not detained.

Ashburn was booked into the Sacramento County Jail and released on $1,400 bond.

Ashburn issued a statement on the arrest Wednesday afternoon:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Ashburn served six years as a state Assemblyman before being elected to the State Senate.  According to Project Vote Smart, Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office including Recognizing Out-Of-State Same-Sex Marriages", Harvey Milk Day and Expanding Anti-Discrimination Laws.
_______

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Republican Anti-Gay Lawmaker At Gay Club Before DUI Arrest
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »
SACRAMENTO AP  A state senator from Southern California was arrested for allegedly
for allegedly driving drunk after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub
in midtown Sacramento, early Wednesday morning.

The California Highway Patrol pulled over Senator Roy Ashburn at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday after an officer noticed a black Chevy Tahoe swerving at 13th and L Streets.

Ashburn, a father of four, is a Republican Senator representing parts of Kern, Tulare and San Bernardino Counties with a history of opposing gay rights

When the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, the driver identified himself as Senator Ashburn. He was arrested without incident and charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level higher than .08% or higher.

A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car but was not detained.

Ashburn was booked into the Sacramento County Jail and released on $1,400 bond.

Ashburn issued a statement on the arrest Wednesday afternoon:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Ashburn served six years as a state Assemblyman before being elected to the State Senate.  According to Project Vote Smart, Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office including Recognizing Out-Of-State Same-Sex Marriages", Harvey Milk Day and Expanding Anti-Discrimination Laws.
_______

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Get him out of there.  massa yesterday, this perv today, send them all packing. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
exactly  get all these fucking crooked ass lieing pofs officials outa here. fuck them  left right dem  cons,  what ever you are, if your crooked your outa here

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
i wouldn't care if the dude banged men, women, sheep, whatever...

but the fact he worked against the advancedment of gay people, that's some serious hypocricy.  And very rarely do we see a hypocrite only in one area of his life.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
i wouldn't care if the dude banged men, women, sheep, whatever...

but the fact he worked against the advancedment of gay people, that's some serious hypocricy.  And very rarely do we see a hypocrite only in one area of his life.
just b/c you dont work for the advancement of gay ppl doesnt mean youre anti gay...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
"Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office"

He didn't exactly abstain from voting those days... he showed up and voted against.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
"Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office"

He didn't exactly abstain from voting those days... he showed up and voted against.
again just b/c you dont work for doesnt mean you are anti gay...maybe he is from a conservative district god forbid he do his job and represent his constituents  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
yes, he voted against gay rights.  Some politicians choose to abstain from voting to avoid the issue.  He took a stand to deny them rights.  Yes, that is very much anti-gay.  He has the ability to 'sit out' votes if he wants.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
yes, he voted against gay rights.  Some politicians choose to abstain from voting to avoid the issue.  He took a stand to deny them rights.  Yes, that is very much anti-gay.  He has the ability to 'sit out' votes if he wants.
again perhaps he is from a conservative area where ppl are against gay marriage...should he not represent his constituents?  ::)

he can be gay and still vote against gay rights if thats what his constituents want...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »
the guy is a lying hypocrite stop tyring to spin it any other way

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
the guy is a lying hypocrite stop tyring to spin it any other way
he probably is a hyporcrite no doubt but his voting record doesnt make him one...

again should he not represent his constituents?

i noticed how 240 hasnt answered that so would you be so kind as to...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
Wow another politician who's a closet homo, what a surprise.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
i see, politicians are supposed to poll their constituents every time before making any decisions? 

Dude, you're trying to defend a turd here. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
i see, politicians are supposed to poll their constituents every time before making any decisions? 

Dude, you're trying to defend a turd here. 
where did I say that? being from that district he probably knows where his constituents fall on such topics...

you didnt answer my question...is he not supposed to represent his constituents?

and remember 240 im not defending im just providing another point of view  ;)

isnt that what you say when youre silverlining for the dems and your saviour?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
hey, youre welcome to jizm-line for any politician you want.  ;)

he voted anti-gay to keep his job, it's that simple.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »

That's what you're supposed to do IF YOU ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF A PEOPLE from a certain area.

Going against your constituents' wishes tends to get you FIRED.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »

LOL and obama lied to get his, isnt that what all politicians do? I mean whenever anybody criticizes obama thats what you say to excuse his actions...

now that its a rep its not an excuse I guess  ;)

and thats my point, he voted that way b/c his constituents wanted him to vote that way...I guess if your saviour did the same thing hed scale back on his health care...

who do you think is the better representative the one who does what his constituents want even though it goes against his beliefs? or the one who says screw what his constituents want and does what he wants?

::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
Maybe he was just voting how they'd want and not based upon personal feelings.

Gay or straight, married people shouldn't be acting out like that. :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
Maybe he was just voting how they'd want and not based upon personal feelings.

Gay or straight, married people shouldn't be acting out like that. :)
AGREED...now that my friends makes him a hypocrite