Author Topic: Karl Rove Admits Mistake in Advising Bush on Iraq Invasion  (Read 3798 times)

Mons Venus

Karl Rove Admits Mistake in Advising Bush on Iraq Invasion
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:49:58 AM »
03/3/10
Karl Rove, the White House adviser whom George W. Bush called his political "architect," admits in a new memoir that the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq severely damaged the Bush presidency -- and he suggests the war might not have occurred had Bush actually known the truth.

If Bush had known about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, Rove questions whether the United States would have gone to war, according to an excerpt quoted by the New York Times. "Would the Iraq War have occurred without W.M.D., I doubt it," Rove writes. "Congress was very unlikely to have supported the use-of-force resolution without the W.M.D. threat.
_____

Scumbag Rove attempting to alter public perception of Bush Co's WMD lies. It's too late you POS murderer's.    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Karl Rove Admits Mistake in Advising Bush on Iraq Invasion
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:01:39 AM »
MIGHT not have invaded without WMD.

LMAO...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 06:04:30 AM »
MIGHT not have invaded without WMD.

LMAO...

What is so earth shattering about this? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:06:12 AM »
03/3/10
Karl Rove, the White House adviser whom George W. Bush called his political "architect," admits in a new memoir that the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq severely damaged the Bush presidency -- and he suggests the war might not have occurred had Bush actually known the truth.

If Bush had known about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, Rove questions whether the United States would have gone to war, according to an excerpt quoted by the New York Times. "Would the Iraq War have occurred without W.M.D., I doubt it," Rove writes. "Congress was very unlikely to have supported the use-of-force resolution without the W.M.D. threat.
_____

Scumbag Rove attempting to alter public perception of Bush Co's WMD lies. It's too late you POS murderer's.     

Oh, put a sock in it! There were PLENTY OF KEY DEMOCRATS, who came to the same conclusion, that Hussein had the weapons (do the names, H. Clinton and Kerry ring a bell?).

Dems and Republicans gave Bush the green light.

Mons Venus

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 06:14:07 AM »
Oh, put a sock in it! There were PLENTY OF KEY DEMOCRATS, who came to the same conclusion, that Hussein had the weapons (do the names, H. Clinton and Kerry ring a bell?).

Dems and Republicans gave Bush the green light.

I'd say WMD lies had something to do w/ it.  ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:16:05 AM »
I'd say WMD lies had something to do w/ it.  ;)

And Democrats can't read all of a sudden? They saw the same intel that President Bush did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 06:16:24 AM »
actually, the dems and most of the world screamed until they got UN inspections.

Once they didn't find anything, many ran from the idea of war... the dude didn't have wmd.

I'm not saying the world isn't better for us with a dollar-keeping puppet in there.  But for the sake of argument, the UN didn't find shit and they were right about that one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »
actually, the dems and most of the world screamed until they got UN inspections.

Once they didn't find anything, many ran from the idea of war... the dude didn't have wmd.

I'm not saying the world isn't better for us with a dollar-keeping puppet in there.  But for the sake of argument, the UN didn't find shit and they were right about that one.

This is why you are called a knee padder.   

Kerry, Clinton, and many other Dems thought saddam had WMD and voted for the war.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 06:48:49 AM »
Spoon fed a bunch of lies and what do you expect?  The Dems were the first to call bullshit on the WMD.  The Repukes simply frog marched onwards like good little sheeple.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »
Spoon fed a bunch of lies and what do you expect?  The Dems were the first to call bullshit on the WMD.  The Repukes simply frog marched onwards like good little sheeple.

You mean Dems like Clinton, or Kerry, or (fill in the blank).....?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 06:53:08 AM »
What part of "spoon fed lies" failed to register with those two brain cells of yours?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »
Hey 240 - want to take back your nonsense?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
find me some dem quotes after dec 2002, when the UN got their searches

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 06:58:09 AM »
What part of "spoon fed lies" failed to register with those two brain cells of yours?

Spoon feed this, Clucky!!

My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.  I'm a co-sponsor of the bipartisan Resolution that's presently under consideration in the Senate.  Saddam Hussein's regime is a grave threat to America and our allies.  We know that he has chemical and biological weapons today, that he's used them in the past, and that he's doing everything he can to build more.  Every day he gets closer to his long-term goal of nuclear capability.

Democracy will not spring up by itself overnight in a multi-ethnic, complicated society that's suffered under one repressive regime after another for generations.  The Iraqi people deserve and need our help to rebuild their lives and to create a prosperous, thriving, open society.  All Iraqis, including Sunnis, Shia and Kurds, deserve to be represented.  This is not just a moral imperative.  It's a security imperative.  It is in America's national interest to help build an Iraq at peace with itself and its neighbors, because a democratic, tolerant and accountable Iraq will be a peaceful regional partner, and such an Iraq could serve as a model for the entire Arab world."
- John Edwards

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.  Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well, effects American security.

This is a very difficult vote, this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make.  Any vote that might lead to war should be hard, but I cast it with conviction."
- Hilary Clinton.

And, that's just the short list. So, what crackpot excuse are you going to use now?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:31 AM »

spin spin spin spin spin. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 07:00:42 AM »

How's this?

People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons." - former President Bill Clinton, July 2003

There is a very easy way to prevent anyone from being put into harm's way, and that is for Saddam Hussein to disarm, and I have absolutely no belief that he will.  I have to say that this is something I have followed for more than a decade.

For now nearly 20 years, the principal reason why women and children in Iraq have suffered, is because of Saddam's leadership.

The very difficult question for all of us, is how does one bring about the disarmament of someone with such a proven track record of a commitment, if not an obsession, with weapons of mass destruction.

I ended up voting for the Resolution after carefully reviewing the information and intelligence I had available, talking with people whose opinions I trusted, trying to discount political or other factors that I didn't believe should be in any way a part of this decision, and it is unfortunate that we are at the point of a potential military action to enforce the resolution.  That is not my preference, it would be far preferable if we had legitimate cooperation from Saddam Hussein, and a willingness on his part to disarm, and to account for his chemical and biological storehouses.

With respect to whose responsibility it is to disarm Saddam Hussein, I do not believe that given the attitudes of many people in the world community today that there would be a willingness to take on very difficult problems were it not for United States leadership.  And I am talking specifically about what had to be done in Bosnia and Kosovo, where my husband could not get a Security Council resolution to save the Kosovar Albanians from ethnic cleansing.  And we did it alone as the United States, and we had to do it alone.  It would have been far preferable if the Russians and others had agreed to do it through the United Nations -- they would not.  I'm happy that, in the face of such horrible suffering, we did act."
  Hillary Clinton, March 2003

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 07:05:05 AM »
This is why you are called a knee padder.   

Kerry, Clinton, and many other Dems thought saddam had WMD and voted for the war.   

And to further bury Clucky's boneheaded tripe, let's not forget that Clinton (among others) though Hussein had those weapons, SINCE THE LATE 90s, before Bush even became president.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 07:06:19 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »
I see.  HILARY now speaks for every dem.

let's see all those quotes made AFTER UN searches.  that's the point.  it's not spin - they all wanted searches - and they got them.  At that point, bush just wanted war.

anyway, 33, you have said it was all about bases and oil... WTF are we even arging about lol?  we're on the same page

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 07:09:58 AM »

let's see all those quotes made AFTER UN searches.  that's the point.  it's not spin - they all wanted searches - and they got them.  At that point, bush just wanted war.

Logic - and apparently basic reading skills - do not apply to repubs delusions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:24 AM »

They still voted for the damn thing and then railed against it when things didnt go well.  Now Communist-in-Chief has his VP saying it will be hs biggest achievement. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:54 AM »
when did they vote, what did they vote for?  specific wording?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »

anyway, 33, you have said it was all about bases and oil... WTF are we even arging about lol?  we're on the same page

I didn't claim she did. You asked for Dem quotes after December 2002. You got them. So, what's with the excuses?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 07:16:46 AM »
I didn't claim she did. You asked for Dem quote after December 2002. You got them. So, what's with the excuses?

This is the 240 tactic.  When he gets owned and discredited, switch the question and spin some more. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 07:17:48 AM »

Look who's talking. 240 asked for Dem quotes after Dec. 2002, regarding this issue. I gave it to him. SO, the one who needs to bone up "Hooked on Phonics" is YOU, El Clucky.

Once again, you make the foolish assertion (a trend for you) that the list I used was exhaustive. Get a clue.

Then, there's the little matter of the Dems who thought Hussein had weapons in the LATE 90s, before Bush became president.