Author Topic: NEWS FLASH: CBO: Deficit rises!! READ THIS...  (Read 3942 times)

12secGT

• Getbig III
NEWS FLASH: CBO: Deficit rises!! READ THIS...
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
The CBO has stated moments ago that the deficit is HIGHER by 1.7 TRILLION DOLLARS than estimated!! Why? Obama's team counted on higher tax revenue that just did not come in. So, this now means our total deficit is now

9.8 TRILLION DOLLARS...!

God help us.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
Re: NEWS FLASH: CBO: Deficit rises!! READ THIS...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
bammers admin doesnt give a shit,  we know what they care about.   healthcare that nobody wants

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:09:22 PM »
The CBO has stated moments ago that the deficit is HIGHER by 1.7 TRILLION DOLLARS than estimated!! Why? Obama's team counted on higher tax revenue that just did not come in. So, this now means our total deficit is now

9.8 TRILLION DOLLARS...!

God help us.

Bro - I like your posts.  

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »
bammers admin doesnt give a shit,  we know what they care about.   healthcare that nobody wants
I agree. But this can not be ignored. The mainstream media can not not report this, and this will not be good for him. This is just more snow gathering on the snowball heading down hill.  

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
main stream media will not report this,  they will down play it or ignore it and talk about how great bammer is for sending our money and help to chile, and continue to report on the killer whale that killed... imagine that. ooooooo  and i cant forget they still have atleast 2 weeks left of analyzing the 2 kids in the control tower, and they will impatiently wait on the next crisis to happen so that they can use that to try to deture more americans from whats really happening

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
so far bammer and bammerbots dont have a very good track record at predicting things,  and they are wanting to control our healthcare??   :o

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
Holy shit thats alot of green backs, it has become apparent that the power drunk idiots in DC need to be stopped.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
i thought we were well above 10 trillion...

What's another 340,000,000 or so at this point?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 06:35:37 AM »
i thought we were well above 10 trillion...

What's another 340,000,000 or so at this point?

Think about it Nicky.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 07:23:09 AM »
FROM BLOOMBERG:

Obama Spending Plan Underestimates Deficits, Budget Office Says Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A
By Brian Faler

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama’s budget proposal would create bigger deficits than advertised every year of the next decade, with the shortfalls totaling $1.2 trillion more than the administration projected, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The nonpartisan agency said yesterday the deficit will remain above 4 percent of the nation’s gross domestic product for the foreseeable future while the publicly held debt will zoom to $20.3 trillion, amounting to 90 percent of GDP by 2020. By then, interest payments on the debt will have quadrupled to more than $900 billion annually, the report said.

Deficits between 2011 and 2020 would total $9.76 trillion, the CBO said.

Economists generally consider deficits topping 3 percent of GDP to be unsustainable because that means government debt is growing faster than the ability to pay back the money.

“The news today from CBO is clear: The president’s budget will continue to lead our nation into a fiscal catastrophe -- an ever worse one than the president’s own numbers suggest,” Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the top Republican on the House Budget Committee, said yesterday.

White House Office of Management and Budget spokesman Kenneth Baer said the report “highlights how sensitive and uncertain budget projections are.”

Baer also said, “What is certain is that the irresponsibility of the past put the country on an unsustainable fiscal trajectory.”

Independent View

The CBO report is designed to give Congress an independent assessment of the administration’s budget request. The difference between the two outlooks is largely attributable to varying economic assumptions that affect projections of how quickly tax revenues will pour into the Treasury.

Revenues will be about $2 trillion less than the administration projects, while spending will be lower by about $600 billion, according to the CBO report.

The administration projected last month the deficit would shrink to as low as 3.6 percent of GDP, with the 10-year shortfall totaling $8.5 trillion. It foresees the debt growing to 77 percent of GDP in 2020.

The deficit for the 2010 fiscal year has been projected to be $1.6 trillion, a record. Obama last month established an 18- member bipartisan panel to suggest to Congress steps that would reduce the shortfalls.

To contact the reporter on this story: Brian Faler in Washington at bfaler@bloomberg.net.

Last Updated: March 6, 2010 00:00 EST 

________________________ ________________________ ____

GET READY FOLKS - A MASSIVE VAT TAX IS COMING. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »
White House Office of Management and Budget spokesman Kenneth Baer said the report “highlights how sensitive and uncertain budget projections are.”

Baer also said, “What is certain is that the irresponsibility of the past put the country on an unsustainable fiscal trajectory.”

This is exactly why nothing is going to be done - they still want to play, "let's blame Bush".  Barry ran an extremely successful campaign by equating everybody in the GOP to Bush and convincing idiots that there are enough "rich" people to tax them to the point of returning us to prosperity.  Even if we cut spending at his point, we'll still need a massive tax on the middle class to correct the issue.

But, I'm sure come November the Democratic mantra will still be "Blame Bush".  It will be interesting to see if the GOP still has the Bush stigma.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
BodyProSite, you are 100% correct.

This SHOULD be the story of the year - it will affect us more than anything else, long term.

Instead, http://www.foxnews.com/
Top 4: EPA in climate battle, 6-year old suspended for gun gesture, iraqi candidates, and 'Critics say Obama's deficit panel appointee is a radical'

And of course, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/
Top 3: Somalia battle, iraqi candidates, and Dems rebuild.

Fox blames everything on the 'lamestream media' but their home page isn't riling people up about this horrible Deficit growth... why the fck not?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »
What we need at this point tosave the counrty is a hard right wing psudo dictator who doesn't really give a shit what people think. Someone needs to step in and rip the pork and welfare handouts out of the spending budget and get things back in line.

You libs would probably try to assasinate him/her, but at least the rest of our children might have a chance down the road.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
What we need at this point tosave the counrty is a hard right wing psudo dictator who doesn't really give a shit what people think. Someone needs to step in and rip the pork and welfare handouts out of the spending budget and get things back in line.

You libs would probably try to assasinate him/her, but at least the rest of our children might have a chance down the road.

Christie is setting the model in NJ.

He said:

"I was given 378 options to save money, I chose 375 of them."

Never once do you hear that from Communist in Chief. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 08:52:48 AM »
we had two spenders to choose from in 2008.

mccain was an open-border, bailout-loving semi-lib.  Palin and Biden were too.  They all had essentially the same message.

and they all refused to talk about WHERE they would trim spending.  Why?  cause that costs votes.  Saying "I will cut these 75 worthless programs" means you have 50,000 people out of work suddenly.  And the media opposite them talking about it every day.

I guar-an-fvcking-tee you... if Obama had said "I'm going to slash corn/bubble gum/condom/whatever production (choose any industry), you would have single mom workers from the bubble gum factory on FOX news every morning, pouring tears over how big bad barrack hussein is putting them on the streets.

it's not good politics to specifically cut spending.  NEITHER candidate listed where he would slash it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »
we had two spenders to choose from in 2008.

mccain was an open-border, bailout-loving semi-lib.  Palin and Biden were too.  They all had essentially the same message.

and they all refused to talk about WHERE they would trim spending.  Why?  cause that costs votes.  Saying "I will cut these 75 worthless programs" means you have 50,000 people out of work suddenly.  And the media opposite them talking about it every day.

I guar-an-fvcking-tee you... if Obama had said "I'm going to slash corn/bubble gum/condom/whatever production (choose any industry), you would have single mom workers from the bubble gum factory on FOX news every morning, pouring tears over how big bad barrack hussein is putting them on the streets.

it's not good politics to specifically cut spending.  NEITHER candidate listed where he would slash it.

It worked for Christie and he is very popular right now since most people know he is telling the truth asbout how bad the govt is. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Most people can't see or vote beyond their own little personal issues. Even if some welfare still gets 97 handouts, if a leader kills two of them they will be protesting in the streets.

As 240 said, the liberal media is really good at finding someone we all feel sorry for (the single mom working wo shifts at the 'condom factory' lol) and making them out to be victims.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
exactly,  too many people would rather spend their time looking for a victim role to play rather than actually working for the things they want.  and liberals are the enablers of this cause they just keep the handouts comming , and the left wing cry baby media just make it worse

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
"As 240 said, the liberal media is really good at finding someone we all feel sorry for (the single mom working wo shifts at the 'condom factory' lol) and making them out to be victims."

I don't just cite the LIBERAL media... I think FOX is just as guilty.  We all KNOW that if Obama pledges to cut anything, those potential victims will be on FOX & Friends the next morning, holding up Palin/Pawlenty/whatever signs, talking about how Obama is the devil.

This is why neither side ever talks about what fat they'll be trimming, and even less do they actually trim the fat.  Christie has to hope that the 360 programs he cuts' job losses are outweighed by the number of happy NJ voters.  I'm guessing the media will talk more about how he screwed over these people, than what he did for long term state sustainability and finaicial viability.

Watch 99% of debates... neither candidate will tell us where the spending cuts will come from.  They'll all say "PORK!" but the reailty is that pork is still jobs for Americans, no matter how worthless the spending is.  Even cutting $5 million for advertising for honeybee reproduction studying, means X number of scientists and ad reps lose their income, and no doubt, they'll be on the news bitching about it.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »
Is it just me or do 12secgt,bodyprosite and 333386 have very similar posting styles?  add to that all 3 posting at pretty much exactly the same time.  I feel like i just read someone having a conversation with themselves but maybe it's just me ???

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »
Yes storm there are things that we talk about more than other.   As there are the things that people like blacken mons straw and some others tend to talk about more than other.   I must say you are the observant one.. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »
Is it just me or do 12secgt,bodyprosite and 333386 have very similar posting styles?  add to that all 3 posting at pretty much exactly the same time.  I feel like i just read someone having a conversation with themselves but maybe it's just me ???

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!   ;)  ;)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:22 AM »
This is very big news that must not be set aside.  Our government is spending too much and we have lost jobs and tax revenue.  Must focus on creating jobs and cutting spending across the board.  Also, we can no longer be the world's single policeman.