Author Topic: UFC gym  (Read 5833 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
UFC gym
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »
http://ufcgym.com/

Pretty cool site.

Would you guys buy into this franchise?

nycbull

• Getbig V
Re: UFC gym
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
Did any of you guys notice they are hiring trainers right now?  Some of you guys should check this out.  Looks like a pretty sound investment depending on where you want to drop the gym at. 

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Did any of you guys notice they are hiring trainers right now?  Some of you guys should check this out.  Looks like a pretty sound investment depending on where you want to drop the gym at. 

I agree this might be a big deal if UFC has sound books and no corruption.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
I agree this might be a big deal if UFC has sound books and no corruption.

I think you would make money. 

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »
Things I would do before buying into this(only on principle not profit ability)

1. Believe everything a stripper says
2. kick my own ass for doing so

I've come to the conclusion after watching Chuck Liddel's video that pro MMA guys are more fucked up then pro bodybuilders.  And Chuck is helping move the Cultural Marxism movement so fuck him...

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
pro bodybuilders are disgruntled mma fighters
and pro mma fighters are disgruntled bodybuilders
i've been saying this all along guys...

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »
These gyms might very well start another gym craze like the early 80's. If they can market that getting
a MMA type physique is truly possible people will go there in droves.  

Marketing a bodybuilder type physique has dissillusioned most of the public, since it was based on a lie basically.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »
These gyms might very well start another gym craze like the early 80's. If they can market that getting
a MMA type physique is truly possible people will go there in droves.  

Marketing a bodybuilder type physique has dissillusioned most of the public, since it was based on a lie basically.

no such thing as an "MMA" physique fighters come in all shapes and sizes

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
I don't see any ''craze'' coming. All mma douchebags seem to have already made it to the gym.

Here's Joe Rogan making an MMA asshole look stupid  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
pro bodybuilders are disgruntled mma fighters
and pro mma fighters are disgruntled bodybuilders
i've been saying this all along guys...
Perfect spelling and proper use of all words............you're slipping marty. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
no such thing as an "MMA" physique fighters come in all shapes and sizes

not really, there is a look that many have, like Lidel, Cotoure and CroCop and others. It is muscular but very toned and lean. IF they can convince people they can look like that by going to their gyms it will equal gold.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »
not really, there is a look that many have, like Lidel, Cotoure and CroCop and others. It is muscular but very toned and lean. IF they can convince people they can look like that by going to their gyms it will equal gold.

Lidell was the worst for a fitness persona...most people want abs ...he never had them he would be ripped all over but had a beer belly ...maybe its just me ..
The Number 2 in Scranton

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 09:24:44 PM »

Pretty cool site.

The gym in Rosemead used to be a Toys R Us building when I was a kid!

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
good i hope everyone fucks off and goes to the mma gyms and leave real gyms to be dark and dingy and no complaining
Odilly

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »
good i hope everyone fucks off and goes to the mma gyms and leave real gyms to be dark and dingy and no complaining

Most of the REAL gyms have been gone for 20 years.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »
Most of the REAL gyms have been gone for 20 years.
Not all of them "Coach". ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
Not all of them "Coach". ;)

Yes, MetRx (Club Z Newport ::)) is a great gym. Seriously.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »

Pretty cool site.

You would have to literally be a millionaire to even consider it.  Based on that layout and equipment, I'd say its about 1.5 million to set up but the overhead would be outrageous.  Trainers wouldn't be a big deal as they would be on commission but heating and cooling a 40,000 sq ft facility along with showers, lighting, office staff etc would be crazy

I have to say that I would train there in an instant based on the equipment alone if I lived in that area but it more than likely, I think that it will end up closing in a year.

Of course, this UFC gym is a peanut compared to my former gym, Sportsclub of Greenville SC.  Its a 60,000+ SF multi-sport complex which included 14 tennis courts (nine clay, three hard and two indoor), three racquetball courts, three group fitness studios including group cycling, indoor swimming pool, full-court indoor basketball, volleyball, massage therapy, children’s nursery, juice bar and 10,500+ SF of fitness equipment

They have three clubs now and just opened up this brand new 54,000 sq ft monster..... :o   UFC Gym cannot hang with this

A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »

You would have to literally be a millionaire to even consider it.  Based on that layout and equipment, I'd say its about 1.5 million to set up but the overhead would be outrageous.  Trainers wouldn't be a big deal as they would be on commission but heating and cooling a 40,000 sq ft facility along with showers, lighting, office staff etc would be crazy

I have to say that I would train there in an instant based on the equipment alone if I lived in that area but it more than likely, I think that it will end up closing in a year.

Of course, this UFC gym is a peanut compared to my former gym, Sportsclub of Greenville SC.  Its a 60,000+ SF multi-sport complex which included 14 tennis courts (nine clay, three hard and two indoor), three racquetball courts, three group fitness studios including group cycling, indoor swimming pool, full-court indoor basketball, volleyball, massage therapy, children’s nursery, juice bar and 10,500+ SF of fitness equipment

They have three clubs now and just opened up this brand new 54,000 sq ft monster..... :o   UFC Gym cannot hang with this

Wow you are still at it.  Your ignorance is at a all time high.  Now come back with something witty like how you embarrassed yourself.  By the way stupid you know nothing about a gym.  Your body shows it and so does your persona.  By the way no way in the world would they let you train there.
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »

Why would anyone want to train in a gym that f**king big?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »

The men's locker room is always full in Vince's case. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:34 PM »

lol

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »

You're on a roll today, lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 10:57:55 PM »

State of the art equipment, daycare nursery, 50 in Plasma in the Locker Room with ESPN, Post Rehab Center, indoor pools, and tennis courts for starters.  For the most part, Sportsclub is a corporate gym with contracts all around the city so there's a large amount of people who work out there so the size of the gym and numerous locations are required.  

The one unusual thing about the Greenville Center is that they have a liquor license and they sell beer at the facility.  I've never liked the fact that they did but it has to deal with the original opening back in the 70's when raquetball players would have a beer after a session of playing.  Its the only gym I know that serves alcohol in it.

Its big but you gotta admit its impressive.  Greenville and Simpsonville are one of the fastest growing cities in the US thanks to low mortgage fees and picture perfect sunny weather most of the year. 

Sportsclub>UFC Gym. 
A