Author Topic: Palin Says Pro-Life Commitment Was Tested By Family  (Read 2559 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Palin Says Pro-Life Commitment Was Tested By Family
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »
LOL morals differ from individual to individual your definition or moral objections isnt right...

"It is estimated that over 45,000 people die in this country because they have no health insurance, and apparently Rep. Bart Stupak (D-MI) is willing to sacrifice those lifes over anti-abortion wording"

by that logic I have no moral objection to torturing terrorists so since there isnt a concensus the left shouldnt be able to use their bleeding heart bs to say its wrong...again your definition of moral objection is wrong b/c morals can differ from person to person...

As I mentioned - the point of that article was to show that Stupik objection was baseless and the title is a statement of fact and just a moral objection. 

Here's the bottom line - Stupak and his family enjoy the benefit of tax payer funded healthcare and one of those benefits is the option of elective abortion.   Why is his family entitled to that while the very people who pay his premium are not entitled to that benefit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
ok - so you're saying you personally don't think we have a moral obligation to protect the fetus?

both are about protecting life aren't they?

I didn't say that.  You did. 

And no, the "healthcare" issue and abortion are not the same issue.  Poor comparison.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 08:50:05 PM »
As I mentioned - the point of that article was to show that Stupik objection was baseless and the title is a statement of fact and just a moral objection. 

Here's the bottom line - Stupak and his family enjoy the benefit of tax payer funded healthcare and one of those benefits is the option of elective abortion.   Why is his family entitled to that while the very people who pay his premium are not entitled to that benefit
and the basis for that article was a MORAL ONE...

I agree lets do away with all of them then...you agree to that?

you still havent answered my question...why should we inact your ideas on healtcare reform but not mine?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 09:37:58 AM »
and the basis for that article was a MORAL ONE...

I agree lets do away with all of them then...you agree to that?

you still havent answered my question...why should we inact your ideas on healtcare reform but not mine?

did you even read the article or just the title?

the basis of the article was how clueless Stupak was about the language in the bill and the process of reconciliation

what are "your ideas" on healthcare reform?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »
did you even read the article or just the title?

the basis of the article was how clueless Stupak was about the language in the bill and the process of reconciliation

what are "your ideas" on healthcare reform?
I read the article I just thought it was ironic how you stated that morals shouldnt be a part of a health care debate and then you post an article in which their first comment was on morals...you also never mentioned how obama and the dems use the morality high horse to push health care and condemn reps  ::)

I have many but lets focus on the one weve been talking about and doing away with abortion through insurance. You say that any federal sponsered plan should act just like private plans but you dont like private plans right now so you want change. Why not add the change I suggest as well?

Mons Venus

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 07:10:03 AM »
Nice to see honesty from a public figure. 

Palin Says Pro-Life Commitment Was Tested By Family
AP

Sarah Palin says her anti-abortion commitment was tested during her pregnancy with her youngest son, who has Down syndrome, and the unexpected pregnancy of her unmarried teenage daughter.

She told a group of about 3,000 at an Ohio Right to Life Society fundraiser in Columbus on Friday that the experiences gave her empathy for pregnant women in difficult situations.

She says her family learned after the babies were born that challenges can lead to "the greatest blessings."

The former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate planned to attend a Cleveland-area fundraiser Saturday for Ohio and Cleveland Right to Life chapters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/06/palin-says-pro-life-commitment-tested-family/?test=latestnews

Lying POS. The trisomy 21 fetal alcohol syndrome kid is her daughters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 07:12:04 AM »
Lying POS. The trisomy 21 fetal alcohol syndrome kid is her daughters.

BAN!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »
he's a wackjob because abortion is a legitimate healthcare issue and it's covered by the insurance that the government provides to him and his family

But I personally don't want my tax dollars spent on abortion, or, for that matter, on the liver treatment for anyone who drank like a fish for years on end, or for the lung operation on anyone who smoked like a New Jersey smokestack for years on end. That's my main gripe with socialized medicine.