Author Topic: Roelly Winklaar 7th place at 2010 Arnold Classic  (Read 9429 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Roelly Winklaar 7th place at 2010 Arnold Classic
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Roelly Winklaar 7th place at 2010 Arnold Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
His brother Quincy Winklaar at Amateur

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
dude looked great

he will place well next year

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
I really dislike the way relatively unknown bodybuilders have to pay their dues. A good case can be made that Winklaar was top 3 at this contest and definitely top 6. I have no idea what the judges were doing.

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
I really dislike the way relatively unknown bodybuilders have to pay their dues. A good case can be made that Winklaar was top 3 at this contest and definitely top 6. I have no idea what the judges were doing.

he placed exactly where he deserved

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »
if he maintains that waistline and keeps adding size while keeping the definition,,,, hes going to do very well.
he has that classic bb'r look while having the modern day mass...
may be looking at a future mr o right there... at least a top 3'r

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
x2

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition

spinnis

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 11:22:27 PM »
dude looked great

he will place well next year

his dream was top 6 to qualify for the mr O, I would liked to have seen that happened though

slicksta

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »
great arms on this dude.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »

x 4 great debut.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:30:12 AM »
Roelly Winklaar's back double bicepes pose seems strange ???

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »
I like what this dude brings to the stage.....some epic arms in the making....

keep the gut down for pete's sake.....bring up the back and all else....slowly but surely

he brings something fresh

and most importantly ---> he has no fruit issues

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 12:57:55 AM »

Back is a bodypart.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
if he maintains that waistline and keeps adding size while keeping the definition,,,, hes going to do very well.
he has that classic bb'r look while having the modern day mass...
may be looking at a future mr o right there... at least a top 3'r

Just get him on the phone and advise him to remove that shitty-ab-tatt (which don't belong on bodybuilding professionals).

If he wants to be a CHAMPION, his physique should be the art work, not crap.tatts

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34:04 AM »
Roelly needs to get someone to show him how to train his back properly, customising a routine to his bodys mechanics, his back genetics look similar to Dennis James, he needs to grow his lats but not his guts, as DJs back has improved but as his waist got bigger as did his lats and they basically cancelled each other out, from the size of Roellys arms arms and the narrowness of his lats conventional training would be just another bicep workout for him. He should seek out an inteligent trainer like Yates and have him design a program for his structure, Yates routine wouldnt work,as genetically they are so different, but Dorians the smartest Olympian ever.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 03:13:43 AM »
Honest,

Good point...it's a little strange to think that some pros cannot find the right way to train some muscle.....we all saw the Kyumo video of Paco doing one-arm dumbless rows.....it was toally bizarre....half dumbbell shrug, quater tricep kickback with some weird latin dancing hip shake at the end....

Yes, end of the day, these guys are huge (thanks to the "supps"), but to people who've been lifting serious for years, its obvious not all pros know the proper mechanics....Arnold, Frnaco, Wheeler, Corimer, Dorian and Ronnie are a few of the pros I've seen who train with awesome technqiue and style....I loved the way Arnold, Ronnie and Dorian used compound movements.....these guys didn't shy away from the barbells and dumbless.....it shows in their physique

Anyway, I'm digressing.....Roelly is ok....just please watch the gut - its already showing early stages of pregnancy....and ditch the grandma....he needs someone who's been up on stage and has/had a good physique....not some old lady who really doeesnt understand what its like to build a massive frame

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 03:22:45 AM »
I don't know why everybody is complaining over Roelly's back being narrow and nobody making an issue over the number 2 from last night's back, hell even Branch's back has some weaknesses?
The guy just started bodybuilding and this was his pro debut!
Furthermore I'm not sure if his 'bad back' is really all that bad. I think the culprit is the way he presents it to us, the way he poses it. If he could come in a tad harder and knows how to show us his back, it would shut everybody up.
We know for years his posing needs work in order to show his physique to it's best ability, but he's just too lazy to work on it. (working with a ballerina is not the way to do it for Roelly. Get Paul Lans/Berry deMey or a video from Russ Testo or just watch other good classic posers: Shawn, Milos, Labrada, Rusty J, Russ Testo etc)

Phil doesn't have a wide back, Flex and Shawn didn't have a wide back either (better then Phil but still not wide) but these guys have such a way to pose and present their back and are so well detailed and seperated etc that you don't even see that they don't have wide backs, just very very detailed and seperated which creates a wow factor and makes their back double biceps fantastic anyway.

I agree Roelly could watch the gut in between poses, which has to do with bad posing/lack of posing practice again.
That 'grandma' WAS onstage at 1 point in her life and I think she did a pretty awesome job by putting this new pro on the Arnold stage between these Olympians and still kept his own, instead of advising him to sit out 1 or 2 more years to "fill out" or some of that crap. She had 1 year to work with him after she worked with him already for just a few months to win the Arnold Amateur. She could have come up with 1000 excuses and refer to other rookies who sat out shows, but instead she motivated and believed in Roelly that he could do it on the world's biggest stage (yes bigger then the O in my opinion) and still get a VERY respectable placing out of this and for sure Flex or MD will sign him now, mark my words and eat crow.

Good job "grandma". First time for her as well to present a pro from Holland on such an international stage of this caliber. Hats off to you as well! Now get to the english course, while Roelly is in posing practice! (want dat laat nog te wensen over ;))

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 03:40:03 AM »
True....she did ok....fair call....grandma did ok

BUT, Roelly's destiny will drive him to seek a more experienced trainer....its written at the bottom of your turkish coffee cup

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 05:26:47 AM »
Roelly's back look better than Branch's

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 05:28:46 AM »
had roelly at 6. grandma did a good job 1st time out. 

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 05:32:56 AM »
and ditch the grandma....some old lady who really doeesnt understand what its like to build a massive frame

If grandma was there she would have "fail"ed you:

Arthur Nus

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 06:20:12 AM »
If grandma was there she would have "fail"ed you:

She's known for having a bad temper.

Just ask the owner of the gym in the picture or should I say ex-owner since she burned the place down.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »
More reason not to fuck with oma, then!!
Seriously, I don't know about that and don't care too much. She did a great job with Roelly and his brother Quincy and more top bodybuilders in Holland.
She has all the right to burn down places I say :D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »
X 5  Great showing for first pro show.