Author Topic: Arnold Classic - Webcast - is Bob biased?  (Read 4297 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Bob should be removed from the Webcast commentry team
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Bob is the principle that dislikes people that color outside the lines.
He like others, don't like Kai's past and holds some disdain because of this.
He doesn't like Kai's posing because of the sexual undertone in some of his moves.

Bob likes the the clean cut rule followers like Heath.  Nothing wrong with that. I just wish as a commentator he'd take a CNN approach rather the FOX News approach he takes. It's becoming more pronounced.  If Kai somehow where to win the O.  Bob might pull out his gattling gun and try and take Kai hostage.

You're way off, and as for holding any disdain for Kai...couldn't be further from the truth and Kai is a friend of mine. Curious to know where you drew these conclusions from...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:57 AM »
You're way off, and as for holding any disdain for Kai...couldn't be further from the truth and Kai is a friend of mine. Curious to know where you drew these conclusions from...

What should have the top 5 been in your opinion Bob?

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »
I couldn't stand Chick and Dan's (especially dan) lame, irrelevant comments.  Turned off the volume for the prejudging.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »

Answering your boring and monotonous questions just so he can be seen on a bodybuilding.com webcast and promote his sponsors is hardly what I would define as "friendship."  ::)

I couldn't stand Chick and Dan's (especially dan) lame, irrelevant comments.  Turned off the volume for the prejudging.

X2

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
x2-me too
im pretty sure the majority of people did too

hey good job to the company who pays bob for the commentary-yall wasted your money cuz most of us just mute the volume
w

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 09:03:47 AM »

Thats why when you interviewed him for the BB webcast he said thanks to Dan Solomon and practically blanked you out.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
Thats why when you interviewed him for the BB webcast he said thanks to Dan Solomon and practically blanked you out.

You're making yourself sound stupid

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »

Chick, who was the guy in the wheelchair at the Bodybuilding.com booth?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

How did you feel about Dex in 4th, Branch in 3rd ?

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »

There were a couple.  When Jamie Eason was there...or when Silvio was there?

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 10:22:16 AM »
That doesn't mean he was siding with Dexter or Heath but he was just calling it as he saw it - that's what commentary is all about - you're suposed to remain objective up to a point but when it becomes obvious that the fans are voicing their opinions over something - he will point that out too. If you can think of someone who would do a better job, then let's hear it.
(

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Arnold Classic - Webcast - is Bob biased?
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »

Now when did he say that? Bob is entitled to his own opinion, but saying that Kai didnt deserve it - no way.

Phil Heath was is first place after prejudging, but in the evening Kai got fuller, and was bigger.  Side by side at night, Kai looked better. The final comparison round and posedown does count, and Kai was able to showcase his muscularity and overall appearance better than Phil did.  BUT, very tough show to call.   Kai defending is title here.  But no doubt that Phil is the man to beat as he gets older.

All opinions (unbiased) was that Dan and Bob did a very good job on the webcast, and I am glad they have opinions. Makes it more interesting.  As did Lonnie Teper did an excellent job as the emcee of the Arnold.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »

Nick Scott

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »
Now when did he say that? Bob is entitled to his own opinion, but saying that Kai didnt deserve it - no way.

Phil Heath was is first place after prejudging, but in the evening Kai got fuller, and was bigger.  Side by side at night, Kai looked better. The final comparison round and posedown does count, and Kai was able to showcase his muscularity and overall appearance better than Phil did.  BUT, very tough show to call.   Kai defending is title here.  But no doubt that Phil is the man to beat as he gets older.

All opinions (unbiased) was that Dan and Bob did a very good job on the webcast, and I am glad they have opinions. Makes it more interesting.  As did Lonnie Teper did an excellent job as the emcee of the Arnold.

Ron, LT did a great job  but that OTHER emcee has to go.   I don't know his name but his jokes just sucked the big one.  I wish LT could have mc'd the whole show.  
((-::

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »

Phil Heath was is first place after prejudging, but in the evening Kai got fuller, and was bigger.  Side by side at night, Kai looked better. The final comparison round and posedown does count, and Kai was able to showcase his muscularity and overall appearance better than Phil did.  BUT, very tough show to call.   Kai defending is title here.  But no doubt that Phil is the man to beat as he gets older.

All opinions (unbiased) was that Dan and Bob did a very good job on the webcast, and I am glad they have opinions. Makes it more interesting.  As did Lonnie Teper did an excellent job as the emcee of the Arnold.

Ron

is it really necessary to raise the bull#### level so much?

I mean these days the only time you intervene in a thread is to say  "not true, the powers that be are right, lets all be friends"

Emails like this, which you consistently spew out after some power that be gets upset, do nothing for your credibility, at least in my eyes, unless you do it as cover given that you run the only forum where one can still call bullshit on these people. I sincerily hope it is for cover reasons otherwise you sold out (ok maybe you sold out a long time ago but i have only started posting now after many years of lurking)

hoping for the best

slate

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
bump

(I like this bump concept)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
Bob really has no opinions of his own.  He is told what to do and say and like a good little boy does it.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Bob really has no opinions of his own.  He is told what to do and say and like a good little boy does it.
Are you saying Bob is a puppet?

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
the elephant in the room is Ron, not Bob.

who gives 2 shits about bob says?

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 03:14:32 PM »
anyway my laqptop is dying and i am business travelling - so i just ask you guys to reflect on the role played by Ron on these things. Forget distractions , focus on the big whale (no pun intended)

why does he have to post stuff like this all the time?

if u find it normal, then it must be me and i respectfully withdraw

Ron willing I will still be willing to access my account

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »

why you makin fun of Ron's weight?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »

Method101 always sounds stupid. That's how you sound when you're stupid.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
x2-me too
im pretty sure the majority of people did too

hey good job to the company who pays bob for the commentary-yall wasted your money cuz most of us just mute the volume

Hey, you acne ridden dork, don't presume to speak for "most of us" or the "majority of the people." No one does a better job than Chick.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

I will enthusiastically give one shit for what Bob says.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »
Im not sure if Bob's exact words were "Kai dosen't deserve it" or whatever, but he said somthing to that effect. He did say he was shocked Kai won and thought Dexter/Phill should have won.