Author Topic: The theory of denying the "Chosen One" (The Gift)  (Read 983 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
The theory of denying the "Chosen One" (The Gift)
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:02:03 AM »
Ever since Phil broke out on the scene and winning his first two shows and earning the moniker "The Gift", he was suppose to bring back order to the chaos known today as modern bbing. But then, roadblocks were put in place. The ever changing landscape of magazine and company endorsements, which now there are only two major players, Weider/AMI and MD, has created a US vs THEM mentality.
When Branch was GIVEN the second place finish at the 2009 Mr. O, above far superior Dex, Kai, and Phil, The Gift has been shown, they want to return and get a refund on him.
Is there some animosity towards him that is on the DL? Likd a lashing out at the waning powers of Weider?
Let's face it, former Weider Golden Boys Shawn and Flex (whom Joe Weider allegedly told he'd take car of him, when he won the 92 USAs) are over at MD, sure they need a job, but who now is control?
Could Kai winning the Arnold (2x) be a harbinger of things to come? And is Arnold losing touch with bodybuilding, being that he is in his 60's. Or does it show more tolerance, and sympathy for someone who had to do some...ahem less desirable things to gain the foothold he has?

Does Phil represent what old timers really like in bodybuilding and thus, the changing of the gaurs wants to rebel against those ideals? Or is it he just needs to come in wider, thicker and heavier, even though his waist has gotten slightly thicker and wider? I do think he needs more pecs, and more lats, Phil at 235-240, maybe unstoppable, or like Flex, he may have already hit the wall.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: The theory of denying the "Chosen One" (The Gift)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »
You can fit Phil's entire back inside of one of Kai's lats.  Phil's chest still looks like shit, especially in the front lat spread and most muscular.
His arms still completely overwhelm his torso. And he acts like a complete idiot every time he's onstage.
Add in the fact that Kai was defending his title and Weinberger was at the judging table and it's easy to see why Kai wins.

All of that said, Phil could very well win the Olympia this year, because there is no way Kai or Jay is going win it as long as they are with MD.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:09:35 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »
Sev, I've seen that enough already :-\. It's a good trick to do in front of horny women at the strip club, but...other than that.

Ten, yeah I do agree with you, but it seems like Phil is knocking at the door, but someone or someone's aren't opening the door...maybe he'll have to adopt Flex Wheeler's saying, "I don't knock on doors, I knock doors over..."
he needs bigger Chest, wider, thicker lats, and his lower back needs to be better as well. I saw a slight weakness in that lumbar area...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »
Sev, I've seen that enough already :-\. It's a good trick to do in front of horny women at the strip club

" Ambiguously Gay " quote of the year

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 07:26:16 AM »
Sev, I've seen that enough already :-\. It's a good trick to do in front of horny women at the strip club, but...other than that.

Ten, yeah I do agree with you, but it seems like Phil is knocking at the door, but someone or someone's aren't opening the door...maybe he'll have to adopt Flex Wheeler's saying, "I don't knock on doors, I knock doors over..."
he needs bigger Chest, wider, thicker lats, and his lower back needs to be better as well. I saw a slight weakness in that lumbar area...

Phil is going to be Mr. Olympia one day, AMI has too much invested in him for it not happen. If not this year, then definitely within the next two years. To me, he still has that "only been training a few years blown up drug look."   His physique is only going to get better and mature as long as he's patient and doesn't try to do too much too soon.  I don't think that's going to happen because he has the right people around him, and by that I mean Jay, not Hany Rambod.   Phil is still the future, even if that future has a shitty chest and narrow clavicles.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »
good post parker.  one of the few guys on here with solid posting history.  i just dont give a #### sometimes so i cant.  anyway...this guy has adapted a stripping routine for women into a legit (was in can) moneymaking opportunity in bbing...given he is still street wise from NYC.  phil becomes mr o somewhere down the line.  i'm just not sure that kai will have one before him.  look for jay to repeat this yr.

anyway...kai reminds of prince.  pulling all this g@y BS to a certain audience but look at his list of women.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:32 AM »
good post parker.  one of the few guys on here with solid posting history.  i just dont give a #### sometimes so i cant.  anyway...this guy has adapted a stripping routine for women into a legit (was in can) moneymaking opportunity in bbing...given he is still street wise from NYC.  phil becomes mr o somewhere down the line.  i'm just not sure that kai will have one before him.  look for jay to repeat this yr.

anyway...kai reminds of prince.  pulling all this g@y BS to a certain audience but look at his list of women.
After he and Rodney did that mask thing, it was apparent to me that they have worked together before, stripping for women in NYC, and Toney Freeman and Idrise Ward as well, that was how they made their money, stripping fo women. So, a lot of Kai's moves come from his "routines", his fruitfucker thing is a spinoff of that as well. Do I think it was wrong, yeah...but I think guys like Ray Ade who jerked off for the camera and rolling around with another man and claiming he was doing for his sick mother is worse.

I agree with both of ya'll, Phil possibly will be Mr. O, they are clearly positioning him to be, and he needs his nemesis, Kai and Dex, they are setting up it seems. Golden Boy vs. Mass monster, 1993 all over again, except a slightly different script.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
Ever since Phil broke out on the scene and winning his first two shows and earning the moniker "The Gift", he was suppose to bring back order to the chaos known today as modern bbing. But then, roadblocks were put in place. The ever changing landscape of magazine and company endorsements, which now there are only two major players, Weider/AMI and MD, has created a US vs THEM mentality.
When Branch was GIVEN the second place finish at the 2009 Mr. O, above far superior Dex, Kai, and Phil, The Gift has been shown, they want to return and get a refund on him.
Is there some animosity towards him that is on the DL? Likd a lashing out at the waning powers of Weider?
Let's face it, former Weider Golden Boys Shawn and Flex (whom Joe Weider allegedly told he'd take car of him, when he won the 92 USAs) are over at MD, sure they need a job, but who now is control?
Could Kai winning the Arnold (2x) be a harbinger of things to come? And is Arnold losing touch with bodybuilding, being that he is in his 60's. Or does it show more tolerance, and sympathy for someone who had to do some...ahem less desirable things to gain the foothold he has?

Does Phil represent what old timers really like in bodybuilding and thus, the changing of the gaurs wants to rebel against those ideals? Or is it he just needs to come in wider, thicker and heavier, even though his waist has gotten slightly thicker and wider? I do think he needs more pecs, and more lats, Phil at 235-240, maybe unstoppable, or like Flex, he may have already hit the wall.

i dunno think he lacks a trait called humility, guy walks around and parades around like gods gift to bodybuilding, just bringing him back to reality.

TEAM Nasser