Author Topic: Roelly Winklaar, Promising Future or Also Ran?  (Read 2104 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Roelly Winklaar, Promising Future or Also Ran?
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
Roelly Winklaar had a good Pro debut, placing 7th in a stacked field. Some say (me included), he should have been 6th, and I have him ahead of Branch (he has better overall package and a better back than Branch). He has a standout bodypart, namely his tris, a good dispostion, humble and good people around him. I see him improving his back detail and posing, and his chest and climbing up the ranks. If not surprising some of the top guys in the future. He already placed ahead of Hide and Melvin and JOJ, three guys who can be dangerous if on.

What say you?

Stavios

Re: Roelly Winklaar, Promising Future or Also Ran?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:22:45 AM »
7th at the arnold at his first show is GREAT

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
Roelly Winklaar had a good Pro debut, placing 7th in a stacked field. Some say (me included), he should have been 6th, and I have him ahead of Branch (he has better overall package and a better back than Branch). He has a standout bodypart, namely his tris, a good dispostion, humble and good people around him. I see him improving his back detail and posing, and his chest and climbing up the ranks. If not surprising some of the top guys in the future. He already placed ahead of Hide and Melvin and JOJ, three guys who can be dangerous if on.

What say you?
X2 He was impressive really suprising.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:58 AM »
I'm a fan so let's hope he keeps it going now.

Where are Fankhouser, Brewer, Centopani, Namat? McMillan and Kahn are coming soon as well.
Haven't heard from Flex Lewis for awhile now either?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »
He'll definitely improve both his physique and placings, but his back is far from impressive (compared to his arms and delts) and he doesn't stand out when compared with the top pros.

I see him kinda like Dennis James - freaky from some angles, but structurally not good enough to go all the way. He could prove me wrong, but how many pros improved their back by as much as he needs to do, to win shows?

I like him better than guys like Hide and Melvin, though.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »
I think he's got a great future ahead of him - 7th place in his first Arnold and first pro show is pretty damn good going, considering the guys who placed above him.

He's only a young guy anway and if he improves his back and adds thickness and detail then I think he's a contender for consistent top six Olympia placings in the years to come.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »
He can do a smaller show and do some serious damage. I was happy to see him crack the top 10. Placing top 10 at the Arnold is the calibur of bb that belongs at the Olympia.
Watching The Haters

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
I'm a fan so let's hope he keeps it going now.

Where are Fankhouser, Brewer, Centopani, Namat? McMillan and Kahn are coming soon as well.
Haven't heard from Flex Lewis for awhile now either?
Last I saw of Fankhouser he needs more upper body, I like his shape and type of physique. Brewer will probably be stuck in the amatuer ranks. Centopani, well, he would have been last or clos to it at this Arnold, McMillian, Nunn, want to see them. Namat would do good at a smaller show, 202s. Kahn,  I want to see if he can bring the conditioning...all top 7 except Branch brought conditioning to the table.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
Chick actually nailed this one when talking about Roelly when he said he needs more time to bring up the thickness through the chest/back...I want to agree with you about Branch but as ugly as his body is, the man is just a freak'n beast...He is a fully trained bodybuilder from head to toe...Total dedication...He may not be pretty but the guy is insane...And to be honest that Roelly smile may be one of the creepiest things this side of Basile's preferred means of transportation...

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
He's got nothing but quality muscle. No synthol lookin lumps and bumps. Good striations and lines. Good future if he stays that way.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

What say you?

few improvements and right ass kissing (weinberg, see kai) = promising future

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »
So far, I like him. I hope he continues to improve. Here's hoping he doesn't become another synthol freak or anything. If he brings up his back he will do some serious damage.
X

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
Last I saw of Fankhouser he needs more upper body, I like his shape and type of physique. Brewer will probably be stuck in the amatuer ranks. Centopani, well, he would have been last or clos to it at this Arnold, McMillian, Nunn, want to see them. Namat would do good at a smaller show, 202s. Kahn,  I want to see if he can bring the conditioning...all top 7 except Branch brought conditioning to the table.

lol you really hate Centopani !

he would have placed 5-6th  :)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
His back is quite competitive I thought
V

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 09:31:36 PM »
His back is quite competitive I thought
Compared to others it was really weak.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »
His back structure may not allow him to go all the way, but hes not on his own there, if he can improve it, he will always be a threat to break into the top3 at the biggest shows and win some of the smaller shows.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:19 PM »

What say you?

yep, not sure about that branch placing either...  although, in a tight race for a placing, backs are the difference maker sometimes and/or condition too.