Author Topic: A wake up call to Melvin Anthony?  (Read 1633 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
A wake up call to Melvin Anthony?
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »
Okay, Melvin win the Phoenix Pro, and then gets beat by a rookie and Hide at the Arnold. He had about several weeks to tighten up, but again, disappoints.

What is his problem? Is it what Milos said, can't follow a strict regime, and relies on his shape?
Melvin, if you are reading this, you have the goods to win the Arnold, but it seems your ass insists on being a also ran. Either A) get your rear in gear or B) get out the game for good, you are taking up space that belongs to someone else.

You've failed to get in shape numerous times, you are a good poser, but you need to "pose" this question to yourself..."just what am I doing wrong?"

figure it out quick, or it will be Khan, McMillian, Nunn, Alvisi placing ahead of you.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: A wake up call to Melvin Anthony?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »
Okay, Melvin win the Phoenix Pro, and then gets beat by a rookie and Hide at the Arnold. He had about several weeks to tighten up, but again, disappoints.

What is his problem? Is it what Milos said, can't follow a strict regime, and relies on his shape?
Melvin, if you are reading this, you have the goods to win the Arnold, but it seems your ass insists on being a also ran. Either A) get your rear in gear or B) get out the game for good, you are taking up space that belongs to someone else.

You've failed to get in shape numerous times, you are a good poser, but you need to "pose" this question to yourself..."just what am I doing wrong?"

figure it out quick, or it will be Khan, McMillian, Nunn, Alvisi placing ahead of you.

Melvin just has problems nailing it. I don't think it's lack of work ethic or anything like that. He struggles more than others I think to peak

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »

either go and front some money and work with shawn r call it a day.  he has to go back where it started.  shawn, john and vince.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »
He should join the grapefruit business with Kai.
X

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »
He doesnt care. Mediocre placings are just fine with him as long as it doesn't hurt or cause too much of a sacrifice.

He does rely on his genetics to pull him through...as do many others.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
Melvin just has problems nailing it. I don't think it's lack of work ethic or anything like that. He struggles more than others I think to peak
Apparently Milos had posted before that Melvin would cheat on his diet and would laugh talking about how his genetics would pull him through. Don't know how true it is. But he has all the tools to beat all the top guys. It's like someone who has all the tools, money, knowhow to build a spaceship, but they are okay in building biplanes...because it's less effort.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
mytoes n these other goofballs are not the fix.  shawn, john n vince never used goofballs.  it started for him around fullerton like them.  shawn has been on here to defend him before.  

john brought shawn n taylor up and anthony later.  maybe john wasnt as interested.  shawn coached flex to 4 show in a row and some of his all time best.  

this is a easy one.

things get bad, go back to the folks.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
mytoes n these other goofballs are not the fix.  shawn, john n vince never used goofballs.  it started for him around fullerton like them.  shawn has been on here to defend him before.  

john brought shawn n taylor up and anthony later.  maybe john wasnt as interested.  shawn coached flex to 4 show in a row and some of his all time best.  

this is a easy one.

things get bad, go back to the folks.
Quite true, even though I don't know how true it is, that he and Shawn are on bad terms, he needs to ask Shawn what to do, or do the Dorian thing, Charles Glass may have too many clients, and Joe Mcneil maybe too strict for his ass.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
Isn't he with Chad anymore?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
Isn't he with Chad anymore?
Dont know, but when he placed well at the 2005 O, he had a gut, and he worked with Chad.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »
He should join the grapefruit business with Kai.

No, he just needs to train chest with Arnold. ;-0

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
He doesnt care. Mediocre placings are just fine with him as long as it doesn't hurt or cause too much of a sacrifice.

He does rely on his genetics to pull him through...as do many others.

Melvin doesn't care? You bet your ass he does. It's not easy to peak twice within a few weeks, that's all

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Melvin doesn't care? You bet your ass he does. It's not easy to peak twice within a few weeks, that's all
Uhh, remember what you were saying about Toney using the Ironman to guage and tweak his conditioning for the Arnold? Just like Flex did? And Remember, Melvin is a Flex Wheeler clone, if not a poor man's Flex.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »

That dude has always been overrated IMHO.  Just another midget with Napoleon complex.  Off drugs he'd be 155 soaking wet.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
bench

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
Uhh, remember what you were saying about Toney using the Ironman to guage and tweak his conditioning for the Arnold? Just like Flex did? And Remember, Melvin is a Flex Wheeler clone, if not a poor man's Flex.

Yes, but Melvin put all his marbles in the phoenix show knowing he had a good chance of winning it. At his all-time best Melvin wouldn't be able to win the Arnold against the top guys and I think he knows this hence his phoenix efforts.
I'm not sure what you mean by Flex clone