Author Topic: A message from Martin's wife.  (Read 6896 times)

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
Re: A message from Martin's wife.
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »
Time for Bluto to get another account and put this one to rest. 

Another Alpha type gimmick will pop up now, since Marty was a sissyboy one
Watching The Haters

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »
Lame gimmick
Welcome to Slovakia

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
She is right.

When was the last time we saw marty start his posts with, "Hi guys, it's me, marty :) "? :'(
You actualy read "her" post  :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:59 PM »
You actualy read "her" post  :D

What can I say? I'm a compulsive reader :-\

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
I don't know if this poster is a gimmick but I don't think Marty is. His posts are too consistent. On paper, I should hate him, right when he began his first post with something like, "Hi! It's me, Marty." But for some reason I've always had a soft spot for the guy. There's an endearing quality to him. He kind of reminds me of the first man I shot in the chest at 17. As he laid there clutching his gaping chest wound wincing in pain, he just looked up at me and said, "Jesus loves you."

That was sweet. I pumped a couple more 230gr hydroshoks in his skull to put him out of his misery. Marty kind of brings out my soft side in way too. And we both train "UFC."

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
I don't know if this poster is a gimmick but I don't think Marty is. His posts are too consistent. On paper, I should hate him, right when he began his first post with something like, "Hi! It's me, Marty." But for some reason I've always had a soft spot for the guy. There's an endearing quality to him. He kind of reminds me of the first man I shot in the chest at 17. As he laid there clutching his gaping chest wound wincing in pain, he just looked up at me and said, "Jesus loves you."

That was sweet. I pumped a couple more 230gr hydroshoks in his skull to put him out of his misery. Marty kind of brings out my soft side in way too. And we both train "UFC."

Okay Slacker, I mean Pellius
Watching The Haters

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
Whatever happened to the legendary slacker?  He has been MIA lately.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:42 PM »

lol

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »
Kiwiol, what do you make of this mess?   ???

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »
Okay Slacker, I mean Pellius

Yeah, whatever happened to that guy? He liven things up around here. I'm sure hell be back.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
Kiwiol, what do you make of this mess?   ???

My guess is that marty has been looking at so many pics and clips of men in thongs that he's no longer interested in women, so he feigns a headache or depression all the time to avoid having sex with his wife.

Most we can do is get Eyeball to start a "would you hit it" thread featuring her and restrict the number of beers to 3, when we say that's how many we'd need to drink, to hit it.

io856

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
bluto you moron  ::)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
Lamest gimmick ever

Pretty much. If you're gonna do a gimmick, at least be entertaining.  ::)

Love how I'm one of the haters.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
Lamest gimmick ever

mehhh.

predictable? yes

Lamest? not by a long shot. there have been some really bad ones that havent lasted this long....

io856

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »
marty is real to me dammit  ;D

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
dr fist had funnier stories...
maybe marty's wife and fist can do a thread together...
 :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 12:16:14 AM »
Lamest gimmick ever
even though its ab obvious gimmick, from the start.. its a well thought out, intelligent gimmick. gotta appreciate the effort!!

besides i think marty isnt just a regular ole gimmick just for laughs, but a sage advice-through-gimmick-metaphor gimmick   ;D

io856

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 12:26:36 AM »
marty was bluto's getbig account for mma discussion purposes... as that wouldn't be suited to the nw83 account... but it evolved into a deeper character with a penchant for the simplistic motivations of life... although this is also nw83's schtick... more can be done creatively with what bluto has setup... i mean a middle aged "mma fighter" who always talks about his "wife"... with recurrent spelling and grammar errors on purpose... it sure makes for one hell of a gimmick...  ;D keep it up

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 12:33:01 AM »
marty was bluto's getbig account for mma discussion purposes... as that wouldn't be suited to the nw83 account... but it evolved into a deeper character with a penchant for the simplistic motivations of life... although this is also nw83's schtick... more can be done creatively with what bluto has setup... i mean a middle aged "mma fighter" who always talks about his "wife"... with recurrent spelling and grammar errors on purpose... it sure makes for one hell of a gimmick...  ;D keep it up
solid analysis, sir  ;D  im wondering just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 01:27:51 AM »

NO! Marty's real! He's my friend. He told me so. He wouldn't lie to me!

Marty! Make them stop! Post a pic wearing a wrestling singlet and a sign that says "Marty from GetBig."

ricorico

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 02:35:22 AM »
"have overheard him crying in the bathroom with the door locked for several nights in a row"

pics or it didn't happen!!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 02:57:51 AM »
Good evening,

I am sure that the majority of you are aware that my husband, Martin, joined this forum in early December. Initially, I was pleased with his decision to do so. I assumed that the interaction with fellow bodybuilding enthusiasts and aspiring fighters would be both motivational and educational for my husband. At first my optimism was pleasantly rewarded. Martin would regale me at supper with anecdotes and stories he had read the night before on this "GetBig" message board.

However, over the past several weeks, I have observed an alarming shift in his behavior. Many of you by now know that Martin is a free-spirit with a convivial demeanor. These are the qualities that endear him to friends and family (and it's largely why I fell in love with him). I noticed the changes a few weeks ago. They were subtle at first.

Martin opted to skip a workout session at the gym. This was unusual, but I justified it by making excuses (maybe he doesn't feel well, perhaps work was stressful this week, etc.). Next, his grooming habits changed. Martin began to skip his morning shower. He stopped shaving and brushing his teeth. Worst of all, I have overheard him crying in the bathroom with the door locked for several nights in a row. This is when I knew it was time for me to take action, and it didn't take me long to determine the source of Martin's discouragement.

When I logged in to this account, I decided to read some of the old posts. I was, and still am, utterly disgusted at all of the insults and ad hominem attacks directed towards my husband. Some of you ought to be ashamed. Some users in particular (gordiano, for example) seem particularly agitated by my husband’s existence and seem content to bash him at every possible opportunity. I am pleading with you to stop this right now. I still do believe that my husband could benefit a great deal from this message board, and he has already made many great friends here, but the select few I mentioned who are so negative and cynical are ruining the experience for my husband. I do not know, nor do I care, why they choose to act in this manner. Maybe it is jealousy, or maybe they are bitter and miserable in life. It does not matter. Leave my husband alone!

My ultimate goal in posting this message is to encourage the moderators here to delete the cruel remarks made regarding my husband, and to hopefully delete them before he has a chance to read them. I am also reaching out to those who are behind the attacks, and I beg you to stop. My husband is a kind-hearted man who holds no ill-will towards anyone, and some of you people are destroying his vigor and zest for life. Stop it!

Well played MArty, pretending to be your wife :D

But if you really can write so well, why the "Who hear"-posts?
Q

balight

• Getbig III
  • East-European gigolo
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 03:57:24 AM »
HAHAHA beautiful trolling! The best gimmick on getbig, as always. And the guyz who took it serious (shockingly lot of you) should really go back to elementary school and start this education thing again.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »
Gimmicks are gay.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 05:09:21 AM »
Good evening,

I am sure that the majority of you are aware that my husband, Martin, joined this forum in early December. Initially, I was pleased with his decision to do so. I assumed that the interaction with fellow bodybuilding enthusiasts and aspiring fighters would be both motivational and educational for my husband. At first my optimism was pleasantly rewarded. Martin would regale me at supper with anecdotes and stories he had read the night before on this "GetBig" message board.

However, over the past several weeks, I have observed an alarming shift in his behavior. Many of you by now know that Martin is a free-spirit with a convivial demeanor. These are the qualities that endear him to friends and family (and it's largely why I fell in love with him). I noticed the changes a few weeks ago. They were subtle at first.

Martin opted to skip a workout session at the gym. This was unusual, but I justified it by making excuses (maybe he doesn't feel well, perhaps work was stressful this week, etc.). Next, his grooming habits changed. Martin began to skip his morning shower. He stopped shaving and brushing his teeth. Worst of all, I have overheard him crying in the bathroom with the door locked for several nights in a row. This is when I knew it was time for me to take action, and it didn't take me long to determine the source of Martin's discouragement.

When I logged in to this account, I decided to read some of the old posts. I was, and still am, utterly disgusted at all of the insults and ad hominem attacks directed towards my husband. Some of you ought to be ashamed. Some users in particular (gordiano, for example) seem particularly agitated by my husband’s existence and seem content to bash him at every possible opportunity. I am pleading with you to stop this right now. I still do believe that my husband could benefit a great deal from this message board, and he has already made many great friends here, but the select few I mentioned who are so negative and cynical are ruining the experience for my husband. I do not know, nor do I care, why they choose to act in this manner. Maybe it is jealousy, or maybe they are bitter and miserable in life. It does not matter. Leave my husband alone!

My ultimate goal in posting this message is to encourage the moderators here to delete the cruel remarks made regarding my husband, and to hopefully delete them before he has a chance to read them. I am also reaching out to those who are behind the attacks, and I beg you to stop. My husband is a kind-hearted man who holds no ill-will towards anyone, and some of you people are destroying his vigor and zest for life. Stop it!

This is Getbig.  That's the way things are around here.  Don't like it.....leave.
A