Author Topic: Pro bodybuilders without drugs pictures  (Read 6742 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Pro bodybuilders without drugs pictures
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:34 AM »
Agreed. there was a certain Pro who said that once he retired, He won't have anything to do with the Gym anymore. I had no idea whether he was joking or not, but judging by what I'm seeing, it looks like a lot of those guys lose the passion for Training once they hang up those trunks

That was Flex Wheeler who said it - said he only did bodybuilding for the money and that he wouldn't step inside a gym when he was done competing.

There are pros who are still in good shape after they stop competing, esp. the guys from the 70s and 80s. I think it's partly due to the extreme personality - when they compete, they do everything under the sun to look their best, but when they stop, they let it all go to hell, while eating nearly as much as they did before, lol.

Doesn't help that a lot of the guys today rely more on drugs than training to get into shape, which is why they look like crap. Guys who train hard like Ronnie or Sergio Oliva still look great cause they like lifting.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
Agreed. there was a certain Pro who said that once he retired, He won't have anything to do with the Gym anymore. I had no idea whether he was joking or not, but judging by what I'm seeing, it looks like a lot of those guys lose the passion for Training once they're not on the sauce.

fixed

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
That was Flex Wheeler who said it - said he only did bodybuilding for the money and that he wouldn't step inside a gym when he was done competing.

There are pros who are still in good shape after they stop competing, esp. the guys from the 70s and 80s. I think it's partly due to the extreme personality - when they compete, they do everything under the sun to look their best, but when they stop, they let it all go to hell, while eating nearly as much as they did before, lol.

Doesn't help that a lot of the guys today rely more on drugs than training to get into shape, which is why they look like crap. Guys who train hard like Ronnie or Sergio Oliva still look great cause they like lifting.

Exactly, I remember now. I hope Ken Wheeler was joking. eventhough he's doing other stuff of his own, coming to these Expos, I would presume these former Bodybuilders would at least maintain a decent physique just for marketing purposes. maybe these guys are so used to being BIG and when it's not longer their Priorities, they no longer give a shit.

KH0F0

• Getbig II
  • TeaM gh15 sanbaté féLLa and WongHong the kinG konG
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 10:55:06 AM »
Steve Namat

stevE  naMat

stEve urKel  :)

TeaM gh15 SnbatéFéla

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
Agreed. there was a certain Pro who said that once he retired, He won't have anything to do with the Gym anymore. I had no idea whether he was joking or not, but judging by what I'm seeing, it looks like a lot of those guys lose the passion for Training once they hang up those trunks

Flex never really had the passion when he was training...and that's why he said what he did. You look at him now, and he doesn't really look like he trains more than 3x a week, and when he does, it's like a suit and tie from Wall Street rather than the hardcore workouts he used to do.

The question I have is: why do these guys train and workout like that if they don't like it? Can they really not do anything else in life?!

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
Steve Namat

Hahaha! Good one! LOL!  ;D