Author Topic: Mercedes driven upside down in tunnel...  (Read 8279 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Mercedes driven upside down in tunnel...
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »
Michael Schuemacher drives the new Mecedes SLS AMG upside down in a tunnel
[/youtube]

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
Re: Mercedes driven upside down in tunnel...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Nice, now only if it was real ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
Nice, now only if it was real ::)
of course it's fake, what tipped you off? No ramp to keep the car from colliding into the wall. Schuey bring seen at the end, and them not wanting to risk one of the greatest drivers (if not the greatest) of all time life?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Michael Schuemacher a class driver for sure.

spinnis

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »
The should do it with a f1 car, how I dont know. But its apparently possible.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
The should do it with a f1 car, how I dont know. But its apparently possible.
I think there is a vid of that. Theorectically (sp?) F1 cars make so much downforce that it has been said you could drive it upside down and it would stick to the roof of a tunnel. Supposedly the Ferrari F50 road car as well.

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
I think there is a vid of that. Theorectically (sp?) F1 cars make so much downforce that it has been said you could drive it upside down and it would stick to the roof of a tunnel. Supposedly the Ferrari F50 road car as well.

they should do it in a tunnel or someone witha  pretty low "roof" so the eprson wouldn't die if something went wrong, with with the amazign "cages" in f1 cars they should be fine anyway, someone should do it lol.

problem is how you're supposed to "turn" the car up side down without the tunnel having to be insanly long

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
they should do it in a tunnel or someone witha  pretty low "roof" so the eprson wouldn't die if something went wrong, with with the amazign "cages" in f1 cars they should be fine anyway, someone should do it lol.

problem is how you're supposed to "turn" the car up side down without the tunnel having to be insanly long
In order to turn it, you'd have to have a ramp leading to the ceiling of the tunnel. It has to be at a angle, like you unraveling a toilet tissue or paper towel tube. That way the car doesn't go crashing into the wall.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »
It's completely possible to drive a car upside if you are going fast enough and if the car has the right aerodynamic properties (at least on Earth.  Not on the moon.)  It's Bernoulli's principle.  The same concept that allows an airplane to generate lift can be used to keep a car on the ground.  If you have a big air scoop, the fluid (air in this case) rushing over the scoop causes a force downward that helps keep the car on the ground.  If this force exceeds the net force in the opposite direction (weight of the car plus lift in the case of driving upside down), then you will have no problem driving upside down.

Don't be a dumbass.  Go back to school

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
of course it's fake, what tipped you off? No ramp to keep the car from colliding into the wall. Schuey bring seen at the end, and them not wanting to risk one of the greatest drivers (if not the greatest) of all time life?

Nooo what tipped me off was the fireman standing in front of the car :P

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

There's obviously a ramp at the beginning and end of the tunnel if you look closely.

It's still very fake though.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Has anyone ever seen the motorcycles run around in a huge barrel at the amusement parks? Same principle.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
Has anyone ever seen the motorcycles run around in a huge barrel at the amusement parks? Same principle.

No.  It's definitely not the same principle.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 01:45:24 PM »
Thats like slinging a bucket of water around and the water not falling out...

What he was talking about is the downforce..F1 cars and other race and road cars (like the Ferrari F50) used a inverted wing to generate downforce. Couple that with a flat bottom and a rear diffuser you have suction...pushing the rear down for more traction. Some like the Mclaren F1 even have fans to aid in his as well. Unfortunately the high downforce takes away from top speed.

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
It's completely possible to drive a car upside if you are going fast enough and if the car has the right aerodynamic properties (at least on Earth.  Not on the moon.)  It's Bernoulli's principle.  The same concept that allows an airplane to generate lift can be used to keep a car on the ground.  If you have a big air scoop, the fluid (air in this case) rushing over the scoop causes a force downward that helps keep the car on the ground.  If this force exceeds the net force in the opposite direction (weight of the car plus lift in the case of driving upside down), then you will have no problem driving upside down.

Don't be a dumbass.  Go back to school

Get back to school and READ THE FUCKING THREAD no one claimed it wasn't possible, we actually said it WAS possible.
the video is FAKE though.

fucking retard lol

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »
Theorectically (sp?)

Rectums obviously own your mind...  :P

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
Rectums obviously own your mind...  :P
"Haaaeeey"

actually I didn't feel like hitting spell check.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »
Thats like slinging a bucket of water around and the water not falling out...

What he was talking about is the downforce..F1 cars and other race and road cars (like the Ferrari F50) used a inverted wing to generate downforce. Couple that with a flat bottom and a rear diffuser you have suction...pushing the rear down for more traction. Some like the Mclaren F1 even have fans to aid in his as well. Unfortunately the high downforce takes away from top speed.
Good explanation

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Good explanation
I think the bucket explanation is called centrifugal force.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
I think the bucket explanation is called centrifugal force.
Yea used to scare the shit out of me as a kid my dad would take me watch the motorcycles in a barrel I thought the were going to come over the the top..still amazing shit to this day for me.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 02:19:01 PM »
thats all very cool, but where do you guys see Schuemaker?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
It's completely possible to drive a car upside if you are going fast enough and if the car has the right aerodynamic properties (at least on Earth.  Not on the moon.)  It's Bernoulli's principle.  The same concept that allows an airplane to generate lift can be used to keep a car on the ground.  If you have a big air scoop, the fluid (air in this case) rushing over the scoop causes a force downward that helps keep the car on the ground.  If this force exceeds the net force in the opposite direction (weight of the car plus lift in the case of driving upside down), then you will have no problem driving upside down.

Don't be a dumbass.  Go back to school

Excellent post except that you've completely missed the point of the thread.  :P

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »

Jesus, am I the only one that doesn't car whether it's fake or not, and just think that's a sick car?
Older styling with the gull-wing like doors, but I think it looks pretty disgustingly cool. 8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 05:29:23 PM »
You guys are all forgetting something, hasn't anybody realized that it's impossible to drive a car upside down for more then a second or two, the engine doesn't work the same way upside down, ie. the fuel coming from the gas tank getting pumped into it, gravity plays a large role in how an engine functions. After a few seconds the engine would most likely stall out

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »
The curvature of spacetime could mean what you perceive as the inside of the tunnel is actually the outside of the tunnel.