Author Topic: Death, Drugs & Muscle - A Review on Gregg Valentino's book  (Read 2531 times)

Audioslave

• Getbig III
Death, Drugs & Muscle - A Review on Gregg Valentino's book
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
This morning I got my copy of 'Death, Drugs & Muscle' from Amazon. I half-expected it to be in all capital letters with a bunch of "fuck," and "shit" and "momo" comments and be about Gregg Valentino's former days of being a retarded synthol junkie.

Wow... I was way wrong. The book is actually, dare I say it, good. Like really good. [Let flaming begin]

First off, this book clearly wasn't written by Valentino. There is another guys name on the book and it is very obvious every single word was written by him and not Valentino. For one, I didn't notice any spelling errors. Two, the sentences sounded normal. So that was already a plus in that my eyes didnt strain reading this thing.

Basically to my somewhat surprise, the book didnt have anything to do with bodybuilding or steroids. I was pretty mislead by the cover. I haven't finished it yet but after being about halfway through, its hardly mentioned. But what it does talk about is Valentino's crazy time dealing drugs (that happen to be steroids) and working with mobsters and gang bangers and prostitutes and all kinds of insane crap in New York. My guess is >50% of it is made up or embellished, but thats less important than the fact it's actually entertaining.

All in all, I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm glad I bought this book.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Death, Drugs & Muscle - A Review on Gregg Valentino's book
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:26:24 PM »
Flex Appeal is a tough act to follow

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
This morning I got my copy of 'Death, Drugs & Muscle' from Amazon. I half-expected it to be in all capital letters with a bunch of "fuck," and "shit" and "momo" comments and be about Gregg Valentino's former days of being a retarded synthol junkie.

Wow... I was way wrong. The book is actually, dare I say it, good. Like really good. [Let flaming begin]

First off, this book clearly wasn't written by Valentino. There is another guys name on the book and it is very obvious every single word was written by him and not Valentino. For one, I didn't notice any spelling errors. Two, the sentences sounded normal. So that was already a plus in that my eyes didnt strain reading this thing.

Basically to my somewhat surprise, the book didnt have anything to do with bodybuilding or steroids. I was pretty mislead by the cover. I haven't finished it yet but after being about halfway through, its hardly mentioned. But what it does talk about is Valentino's crazy time dealing drugs (that happen to be steroids) and working with mobsters and gang bangers and prostitutes and all kinds of insane crap in New York. My guess is >50% of it is made up or embellished, but thats less important than the fact it's actually entertaining.

All in all, I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm glad I bought this book.

That's what would ruin it for me though, knowing half of it is bullshit.

I'm sure Greg knows some of the "boys", I do too.  Growing up in New York and gravitating towards the wrong side of the tracks...it's a given.

But he makes himself sound like a big wheel, I'm sure he did his fair share of shit but he wasn't no mobster

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »

I'm sure Greg knows some of the "boys", I do too.  Growing up in New York and gravitating towards the wrong side of the tracks...it's a given.

But he makes himself sound like a big wheel, I'm sure he did his fair share of shit but he wasn't no mobster

Yeah. He doesn't come off as being a braggart about what he did, to be honest. ANd hes a lot more humble than I expected.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
That douche has a book?  :D Probably 90% fiction -- dude talks so much shit

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
That douche has a book?  :D Probably 90% fiction -- dude talks so much shit

My guess was 50%. He does talk about getting his ass kicked... and you know that's gotta be true

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »

hahahahahaha yes these "boys" look like people not to fuck with  :-\
175lbs by 31st July

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
I like Gregg. He's the kind of character that makes this freakshow fun. He's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He nearly died for you bitches, sonnnnnnnnn!
Almost always, yes.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Gregg .. is that your posse ? The guy on the bottom left "underneath" you on his "knees" looks connected. Is he flashing a gang sign ?  ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »
I always got a laugh out of his MD articles.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »
Gregg .. is that your posse ? The guy on the bottom left "underneath" you on his "knees" looks connected. Is he flashing a gang sign ?  ;D

These are my "nice" friends....they all were very responsible fellows with stable lives, kinda boring but good people and i would hang with them occasionally.

My psycho friends weren't the type to pose for pictures.

PS  the guy all the way to the right was 6'4" 270 lbs and I've seen him fuck people up brutally...nicest guy in the world but DON"T piss him off

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 03:41:25 AM »
These are my "nice" friends....they all were very responsible fellows with stable lives, kinda boring but good people and i would hang with them occasionally.

PS  the guy all the way to the right was 6'4" 270 lbs and I've seen him fuck people up brutally...nicest guy in the world but DON"T piss him off
;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 05:11:05 AM »

those look like the type of guys that spend way too long in the locker room  ;D
T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:03 AM »
Easy fellas, those are the friends that Groink listened to Depeche Mode and The Cure with.  ;D