Author Topic: Pac Vs. Clottey  (Read 2458 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Pac Vs. Clottey
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Watchin it now. Clottey is tough as nails but has zero offence. Pac has been teeing off all night with some success here and there but Clottely taking it like a champ. Too bad he he barely throws any punches back. Brutal

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: Pac Vs. Clottey
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
Clottely did just fine when he'd let his hands go but played it way too safe and fought just to survive. The punch stats must have been over 500 thrown for pac and maybe 100 for Clottey. 12 rounds to zero for Pac. Clottey may have stolen one round but would be hard pressed to give him any.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:38:32 PM »
Yup, 120 - 108, and 2 judges had it 119-109 all for Pac, of course. Clottey was never hurt or rocked seriously. To beat Pac will have to be another warrior who beats him at his own game with volume punching and speed. Or Floyd mayweather

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »
Yup, 120 - 108, and 2 judges had it 119-109 all for Pac, of course. Clottey was never hurt or rocked seriously. To beat Pac will have to be another warrior who beats him at his own game with volume punching and speed. Or Floyd mayweather
Clottey was a punching bag w/ arms tonight , what round did he win  ???

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
To beat Pac will have to be another warrior who beats him at his own game with volume punching and speed.

Sergio Martinez

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
pacman looked good...clottey is happy to have just survived..
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »
joshua will shell up and put the ear muffs on (like he always does) absorb shots (like he always does) and WON"T throw enough shots when he needs to (like he always does) then claim he was robbed like he did vs cotto and margarito.

this dude is all wrong vs combination punchers and/or volume types. Hell even against Zab...all zab had to do was stay on his toes and simply box him and he would have walked away UD....but we all know zab....falls apart after round one.

tailor made fight.

::)

like I said....tailor made.....roach and manny need to stop acting like they can even hold a candle to floyd.....they turned down the fight...not floyd.

Don't be fooled boxing fans...floyd would murder this fool

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
Clottey was a punching bag w/ arms tonight , what round did he win  ???

I don't know, I can't say I agree with him winning any. Clottey had success when he let his hands go but would shut down and go to defense mode and allow Pac to start teeing off again. I guess it's easy for us to say though that he should have went out on his shield.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »

like I said....tailor made.....roach and manny need to stop acting like they can even hold a candle to floyd.....they turned down the fight...not floyd.

I think PBF would win the fight but would be closer than you think.Manny is a really good fighter

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »
I think PBF would win the fight but would be closer than you think.Manny is a really good fighter

his style is all wrong for floyd...floyd toughest fight will be against the older mosley...this will be his toughest fight...wish it would have happened a few years back but even now shane is the guy i think can KO floyd.

manny would get worked and countered to death.....he wouldn't get past floyds jab man...for real.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
pacman looked good...clottey is happy to have just survived..

That answer sums it up perfectly.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »

I picked a UD for Pac (obviously) but thought Clottey would have had a little more success and won  2-3 more rounds.
Floyd would be countering Manny with hard crisp shots landing right on the button. You'd see Pac throwing less and less punches as the fight goes on and Mayweather picking him apart until the 12th. I think Pac would take the first 1-2 rounds but you'd see a completely different pac once he starts getting countered and finally afraid to throw those hands with somebody picking those shots off landing effective counters.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
his style is all wrong for floyd...floyd toughest fight will be against the older mosley...this will be his toughest fight...wish it would have happened a few years back but even now shane is the guy i think can KO floyd.

manny would get worked and countered to death.....he wouldn't get past floyds jab man...for real.
I disagree
C'mon man Shane is way pass his prime.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 09:54:51 PM »

Mosley in his prime I think would be a pick em fight vs. Floyd. And yea, he can KO Mayweather but I doubt it happens.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »
what an awful fight
A

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
I disagree
C'mon man Shane is way pass his prime.

just know that clottey was hand picked for this fight. Roach already went on record...wanted NO PARTS of shane...NONE.

so floyd took him.

You actually think clottey is better than mosley? Shane would KO that fool.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
just know that clottey was hand picked for this fight. Roach already went on record...wanted NO PARTS of shane...NONE.

so floyd took him.

You actually think clottey is better than mosley? Shane would KO that fool.  

I don't think that Clottey is better than Mosley but Shane lost twice to Winky Wright who had the same fighting style as Clottey

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:20 PM »
"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/sports/la-sp-dwyre-pacquiao2-2010feb02?pg=2

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »
I don't think that Clottey is better than Mosley but Shane lost twice to Winky Wright who had the same fighting style as Clottey

clottey doesn't throw nearly as many shots as winky for starters. Winky actually counters off his shell. Clottey straight up shells up completely...zero lateral movement...statue...whic h is why he's beat zero top guys 0-4 now....zab don't count LOL

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/sports/la-sp-dwyre-pacquiao2-2010feb02?pg=2

Remember the Shane that barely beat Mayorga though? And that was like 2 years ago. Margarito was pretty much tailor made for Shane considering the huge speed advantages Shane had. It'll be interesting to see how shane looks against Floyd. He was looking old against Mayorga and again that was years ago. Against Margarito he looked sloppy and was really pulling his punches, just Marg was too easy to hit and too easy to get out of the way of his slow offense and punches. There's a good chance Floyd humiliates Shane in their upcoming fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »
Remember the Shane that barely beat Mayorga though? And that was like 2 years ago. Margarito was pretty much tailor made for Shane considering the huge speed advantages Shane had. It'll be interesting to see how shane looks against Floyd. He was looking old against Mayorga and again that was years ago. Against Margarito he looked sloppy and was really pulling his punches, just Marg was too easy to hit and too easy to get out of the way of his slow offense and punches. There's a good chance Floyd humiliates Shane in their upcoming fight.
Don't forget the  UD lost against Cotto.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »
Don't forget the  UD lost against Cotto.

Yes, good point

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
Is that lil guy Clottey's middle-name Blood?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
good sportsman fight.  thought clottey could come out the shell n produce similar to the cotto fight but pac has too much bounce (as noted) n crazy output ala paul williams.  probably the first fight anyone can say clottey truly lost which i think he said also.

jim lampley is a f##kin idiot.  please let someone else call the fights on ppv...please. 

mosley vs FMW?  who the hell knows?

roach doesnt want mosley, had said there is no interest in putting pac in the ring with a guy who is as offensive as mosley n balloons to 160 at the bell.  styles make fights.   

martinez is too big.  no one has a clue could he even come down to a catch weight ala paul williams.  martinez/willaims II will be nice. 

Berto got past a war w/Luis Collazo, has Nice combos and excellent uppercut w/over hand right, a nice chin too. 

Actually...Martinez vs Berto.  :o

Martinez fast as the #### for a 35 yr old n Berto has nasty combo n throws shots to kill.  Styles make this fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »
good sportsman fight.  thought clottey could come out the shell n produce similar to the cotto fight but pac has too much bounce (as noted) n crazy output ala paul williams.  probably the first fight anyone can say clottey truly lost which i think he said also.

jim lampley is a f##kin idiot.  please let someone else call the fights on ppv...please. 

mosley vs FMW?  who the hell knows?

roach doesnt want mosley, had said there is no interest in putting pac in the ring with a guy who is as offensive as mosley n balloons to 160 at the bell.  styles make fights.   

martinez is too big.  no one has a clue could he even come down to a catch weight ala paul williams.  martinez/willaims II will be nice. 

Berto got past a war w/Luis Collazo, has Nice combos and excellent uppercut w/over hand right, a nice chin too. 

Actually...Martinez vs Berto.  :o

Martinez fast as the #### for a 35 yr old n Berto has nasty combo n throws shots to kill.  Styles make this fight.

Sergio is fighting Pavlik in April , tough fight for Sergio .