Author Topic: Team Nasser and other Teams  (Read 23192 times)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Team Nasser and other Teams
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
 What is the point of these teams?

Why would a grown man want to join a team and idolize another men, similar to how teenie boppers idolize boy bands? Seems very homo.

What do these guys get for joining these teams? Are they getting paid, or are they actually just doing it as a hobby?

What's the deal?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Team Nasser and other Teams
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »
What is the point of these teams?

Why would a grown man want to join a team and idolize another men, similar to how teenie boppers idolize boy bands? Seems very homo.

What do these guys get for joining these teams? Are they getting paid, or are they actually just doing it as a hobby?

What's the deal?

The fact that you pose such a questions makes me wonder the amount of intelligence you have acquired. 

By TEAM I am assuming you mean TEAM Nasser, the only TEAM with true presence on this board.  The reason we admire Nasser el Sonbaty is because of his accomplishments both career and in personal life that still to this day keep coming.  This man is such a perfect man in so many ways we can only hope to strive to be like him and acquire the traits he has in order to improve our lives.

Nasser has woman flocking to him 24/7, very attractive woman.  Has tons and I mean tons of money, from bodybuilding and from finacnial ventures he has pursued on his personal time.  Nasser has friendships with thousands of people with different ethnic background and can carry a very intelligent conversation about his or their own background as two similar people would converse if they had the same background. 

Nasser has mastered the weights, the gym, the drive it takes to become large, tan and jacked, for a life time.  Not like those blow up pros while competing then shrink to prunes when they leave competition.  Not Nasser, he stays 300+ retired with abs mind you.

Nasser has two very loyal and beautiful dogs.  Goes to the beach on a weekly basis, owns many mercedes and still has time to talk to the fans to this day. 

Hope that answers your question.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »

Nasser has two very loyal and beautiful dogs.  Goes to the beach on a weekly basis, owns many mercedes and still has time to talk to the fans to this day. 

He can also repair cars as seen by the pics in the Nasser Nights thread. A man of many talents.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »
Teams are gay.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
The fact that you pose such a questions makes me wonder the amount of intelligence you have acquired. 

By TEAM I am assuming you mean TEAM Nasser, the only TEAM with true presence on this board.  The reason we admire Nasser el Sonbaty is because of his accomplishments both career and in personal life that still to this day keep coming.  This man is such a perfect man in so many ways we can only hope to strive to be like him and acquire the traits he has in order to improve our lives.

Nasser has woman flocking to him 24/7, very attractive woman.  Has tons and I mean tons of money, from bodybuilding and from finacnial ventures he has pursued on his personal time.  Nasser has friendships with thousands of people with different ethnic background and can carry a very intelligent conversation about his or their own background as two similar people would converse if they had the same background. 

Nasser has mastered the weights, the gym, the drive it takes to become large, tan and jacked, for a life time.  Not like those blow up pros while competing then shrink to prunes when they leave competition.  Not Nasser, he stays 300+ retired with abs mind you.

Hope that answers your question.

jt

Well I was mainly talking about Team Nasser because they keep popping up on this board, but i've also seen Team Cutler and others and my question is about all these Teams in general.

I agree that Nasser seems like a respectable guy and all that. But joining a team who basically idolizes and worships the guy just seems a little strange to me. Do you get paid to be on his team, or do you just do it because you like it?

I'm not really trying to slam these teams, i'm just curious. I mean, I respect Nasser too and see qualities in him that are admirable, but I would feel very silly to join a team for him. I would feel like a complete tool, unless perhaps he was my personal close friend.

As for Nasser keeping his muscle, i'm not too impressed with that. It probably just means that he is continueing to take large amounts of hormones.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
Chick, why don't you have a team?

MadeYaMelt

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
He can also repair cars as seen by the pics in the Nasser Nights thread. A man of many talents.

I thought he just did free oil changes..   ???

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
Great summary JTSunami!

In addition ShipSekki note that Nasser has a great personality as well - very very kind to his fans, extremely hospitable to friends, thoughtful to everybody he meets - even servers at restaurants and people in public.  Throughout his pro career he sent many free autographed 8 x 10's to fans all over the world, I would know as he sent me one when I was a teen and one to a friend of mine at the time too.  Recently at the local Gold's Gym I go to another guy told me that his roommate got one of those photos mailed personally from Nasser for no charge when he was younger as well.  He even wrote letters and sent photos to fans in prison - one of them spoke in his training video at an expo about this experience.

Every time I visit he really makes me feel at home as well as my wife on the last visit.  He asked ahead of time what types of food we like and always made sure it was stocked up for at home or that he or his admirer cooked for us.  He even wanted to drive from San Diego to pick us up from the airport in LA (four to five hour round drive for him) and he kept insisting but I said I had already booked a rental car.

There are so many such examples, but I am just pointing out a few of them to answer your question.  

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
Great summary JTSunami!

In addition ShipSekki note that Nasser has a great personality as well - very very kind to his fans, extremely hospitable to friends, thoughtful to everybody he meets - even servers at restaurants and people in public.  Throughout his pro career he sent many free autographed 8 x 10's to fans all over the world, I would know as he sent me one when I was a teen and one to a friend of mine at the time too.  Recently at the local Gold's Gym I go to another guy told me that his roommate got one of those photos mailed personally from Nasser for no charge when he was younger as well.  He even wrote letters and sent photos to fans in prison - one of them spoke in his training video at an expo about this experience.

Every time I visit he really makes me feel at home as well as my wife on the last visit.  He asked ahead of time what types of food we like and always made sure it was stocked up for at home or that he or his admirer cooked for us.  He even wanted to drive from San Diego to pick us up from the airport in LA (four to five hour round drive for him) and he kept insisting but I said I had already booked a rental car.

There are so many such examples, but I am just pointing out a few of them to answer your question.  

I'm not saying that Nasser isn't a good guy, he does seem like a really cool guy. And I could understand a guy like you joining his team since you actually know him and hang out with him in real life.

What I find weird is all the guys who join these teams who are just fans of the gys and do not really know them and havn't ever met them. To me there seems like a strange element of homoerotic man worship going on. Also I guess I am more into finding my own power instead of idolizing another man.

My question isn't about who Nasser is, it's more about these teams. Do you get paid to be on these teams? What exactly do you do for these teams? What do you get out of it? What is the deal with these teams? I'm seriously curious.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
Every time I visit he really makes me feel at home as well as my wife on the last visit.  He asked ahead of time what types of food we like and always made sure it was stocked up for at home or that he or his admirer cooked for us.  

Re your repeated use of the term "his admirer":  Is that how Nasser refers to her?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
Great summary JTSunami!

WOW!

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
Re your repeated use of the term "his admirer":  Is that how Nasser refers to her?

Yeah, this whole thing sounds a bit like a Charles Mansonish cult. More power to him though. I should start manipulating people with my charisma to do my bidding.

No offense to the teams. I'm just calling it like I see it.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
nolotil stands ready for team Nasser   ;)

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
Welcome to Slovakia

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
What I find weird is all the guys who join these teams who are just fans of the gys and do not really know them and havn't ever met them. To me there seems like a strange element of homoerotic man worship going on.

Was Nasser real life friends with everyone he inspired to work out and was a positive influence on?  Was he real-life friends with the thousands of people he sent free photos to as well as time-consuming hand-written letters?  No.  So why should everyone who praises Nasser have to be a real-life friend of his?  

Also, what about people who spend the same or more time trying to attack Nasser?  Why don't you ask if they are "real life enemies" of his to be so obsesed?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »
Was Nasser real life friends with everyone he inspired to work out and was a positive influence on?  Was he real-life friends with the thousands of people he sent free photos to as well as time-consuming hand-written letters?  No.  So why should everyone who praises Nasser have to be a real-life friend of his?  

Also, what about people who spend the same or more time trying to attack Nasser?  Why don't you ask if they are "real life enemies" of his to be so obsesed?

I'm not attacking Nasser if that's what you are suggesting.

Nasser is not what i'm talking about. I am not trying to discuss whether or not Nasser is a good guy or a good bodybuilder or anything like that. In fact Nasser is one of my favorite bodybuilders.

I'm talking about the whole idea of these "teams".

I'm curious about what these teams are all about and what team members do. But nobody wants to give a straight answer.

MJK

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »

Nasser is not what i'm talking about. I am not trying to discuss whether or not Nasser is a good guy or a good bodybuilder or anything like that. In fact Nasser is one of my favorite bodybuilders.

I'm curious about what these teams are all about and what team members do. But nobody wants to give a straight answer.
Teams=a sense of belonging. Odd that "teams" would have a place on an internet BB forum. Although, there area lot of odd people on the internet.
Welcome to Slovakia

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »

Sure I gave you a straight answer, as to why some of us praise Nasser and I gave examples of why one does not have to be real-life friends with Nasser to praise him on a bodybuilding board.  

I purposely ignored the other questions (like whether we are paid to post, what members do, etc) because these are simply stupid questions.  HTH.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
Sure I gave you a straight answer, as to why some of us praise Nasser and I gave examples of why one does not have to be real-life friends with Nasser to praise him on a bodybuilding board.  

I purposely ignored the other questions (like whether we are paid to post, what members do, etc) because these are simply stupid questions.  HTH.

There is nothing stupid about the questions.

So anybody can just join a team? Or is it an official group? Does Nasser send team members free merch? Does he contact team members and thank them for joining? Or is it more like anybody can just join the team at any time unofficially?

These are not stupid questions. Seems like you just don't want to discuss it for some reason.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »
There is nothing stupid about the questions.

So anybody can just join a team? Or is it an official group? Does Nasser send team members free merch? Does he contact team members and thank them for joining? Or is it more like anybody can just join the team at any time unofficially?

These are not stupid questions. Seems like you just don't want to discuss it for some reason.

Yes, these are stupid questions because anyone with some common sense would know the answers to these.  Is it just a coincidence that no one else has asked if Nasser pays "team members" lol.  You're making this into something much bigger than it really is.  It's just several fans/friends who post in Nasser's favour on a bodybuilding board - nothing more nothing less.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
Yes, these are stupid questions because anyone with some common sense would know the answers to these.  Is it just a coincidence that no one else has asked if Nasser pays "team members" lol.  You're making this into something much bigger than it really is.  It's just several fans/friends who post in Nasser's favour on a bodybuilding board - nothing more nothing less.

You could have just said "It's just several fans/friends who post in Nasser's favour on a bodybuilding board - nothing more nothing less." Instead of throwing out all the insults.

You strike me as a person who is a bit embarassed and ashamed and afraid to talk about the teams. You are acting really defensive and insecure about my questions.

The idea that Nasser would pay team members money to promote him and advertise for him and keep him relevent is not very far fetched. People get paid to do such things all the time.

Why are you acting like a bitch?

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
Great summary JTSunami!

x2!

NAsser = great champion AND great human being.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
Sorry for the insults, I came across that way because I honestly hought u were being sarcastic with your questions...just because they were so dumb :)

MJK

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »
x2!

NAsser = great champion AND great human being.
My parents are great human beings. Some guy who beats his wife and injects steroids for a living "great human being" o.k.. ::)
Welcome to Slovakia

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
My parents are great human beings. Some guy who beats his wife and injects steroids for a living "great human being" o.k.. ::)

I want to join your parents' team!