Author Topic: The Key to a Big Deadlift: Rest and Recovery  (Read 1917 times)

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
The Key to a Big Deadlift: Rest and Recovery
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
The Main reason most people's deadlift stalls out and never increases is because they are not taking enough time to recover. the lower back muscles take 100 hours to recuperate with optimal protein intake and sleep. Incorporate 7-10 days of CNS adaptation time and you are looking at a 14 day average need to recover from a deadlifting session. I recommend deadlifting no more than twice a month (one week on/one week off). On the off weeks, do some light, unweighted lower back hyperextensions, not heavy enough or high enough reps to cause microtears in the muscle fascia but just enough to assist in CNS adaptation of lower back muscle fiber recruitment.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: The Key to a Big Deadlift: Rest and Recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
My deadlift is around 450 right now, please help me bring it up to 500 in the next six months.  No steroids please.  My body weight is 170.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:44 AM »
I sometimes wonder why people read things like US Weekly and People magazine... then I catch my dumbass reading shit like this. WTF.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:47:53 AM »
My deadlift is around 450 right now, please help me bring it up to 500 in the next six months.  No steroids please.  My body weight is 170.

Not too fucking shabby.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:26:09 AM »
The Main reason most people's deadlift stalls out and never increases is because they are not taking enough time to recover. the lower back muscles take 100 hours to recuperate with optimal protein intake and sleep. Incorporate 7-10 days of CNS adaptation time and you are looking at a 14 day average need to recover from a deadlifting session. I recommend deadlifting no more than twice a month (one week on/one week off). On the off weeks, do some light, unweighted lower back hyperextensions, not heavy enough or high enough reps to cause microtears in the muscle fascia but just enough to assist in CNS adaptation of lower back muscle fiber recruitment.

A trained lifter can deadlift 4 times a month, if desired.  As a general rule, I recommend no more than 3 times myself, but we all recover differently and have different goals. 

Nice work, bro. 

I sometimes wonder why people read things like US Weekly and People magazine... then I catch my dumbass reading shit like this. WTF.

He's doing a good job with his titles.  Hey, I got suckered, too.