Author Topic: Help remembering a song from the 1980's re PTSD  (Read 1051 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Help remembering a song from the 1980's re PTSD
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »
Any music experts in here?

I'm trying to find/remember the name of a song that I used to hear on the radio in the early 1980s.  It was a pop song and in the midst of the song an imported voiceover talked about PTSD.  It turned out that the performer/group used the copyrighted voiceover without permission and he/they were sued and the record company had to pull that version of the song from record stores.

Does this sound familiar? Does anyone remember the name of that song or who performed it?  I think it was a group (rather than an individual) but I can't remember. Help!  ???

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
Re: Help remembering a song from the 1980's re PTSD
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:02:15 AM »
Any music experts in here?

I'm trying to find/remember the name of a song that I used to hear on the radio in the early 1980s.  It was a pop song and in the midst of the song an imported voiceover talked about PTSD.  It turned out that the performer/group used the copyrighted voiceover without permission and he/they were sued and the record company had to pull that version of the song from record stores.

Does this sound familiar? Does anyone remember the name of that song or who performed it?  I think it was a group (rather than an individual) but I can't remember. Help!  ???

Paul Hardcastle's '19'. Only one that came to mind. Hope it helps.

Almost always, yes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »
Hmm, I think that's it!  Thanks!!  :D

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »
No prob. :)
Almost always, yes.