Author Topic: Insurer Targeted HIV patients to drop coverage  (Read 1212 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Insurer Targeted HIV patients to drop coverage
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »
EXACTLY!!! And that's why I vote for the Liberal party of Canada!
What so many of these Republicans don't realize however, is that by looking for what's good for the greatest amount of people, they are ultimately lokking out for & safeguarding what's in their own personal wallets.

Cry me a river.  I dont see how spending inordinate amounts of money of the worst dregs of society are in everyones' interests, especially considering their reckless behavior.  

Whatever happened to  "Keep your laws off of my body"  ? ? ?    

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
Cry me a river.  I dont see how spending inordinate amounts of money of the worst dregs of society are in everyones' interests, especially considering their reckless behavior.  

Whatever happened to  "Keep your laws off of my body"  ? ? ?    

Since when is a 17 yr old college student who pays for his own health insurance considered the worst dregs of society?  Is it because he has HIV? What about Ryan White? You remember him don't you? He was the 12 yr old virgin hemophiliac who contracted AIDs as a result of the criminal conspiracy perpetrated on the public by big pharma. Do you remember when Bayer was given a green light to sell HIV infected factor 8 all over the world? How did Ryan White engage in reckless behaviour?

I fail to see how "Keep your laws off of my body" applies in this case.

This insurance company was happy to take the money of a 17 yr old kid, probably orgasming at the thought that they'd be receiving monthly premiums for the next 50 yrs, only to drop him without due cause, not provide him the services he had paid for, and ignoring any attempts to communicate with him to resolve the matter... knowing full well that he would die without treatment, ...all the while banking on the fact that his imminent death would provide him no recourse.

I think what 333 needs is to fall off his sea-doo while splashing around in the Hudson, and have his skin turn green, only to have his coverage dropped and him refused treatment, for being part of the worst dregs of society, and engaging in reckless behaviour. His very rants and sentiments expressed here on Getbig unquestionably qualify him in both those categories. And now 333 will insert some unrelated ad hom attack from out of left field, attackiing the messenger, rather than the message in 3, ...2, ...1
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
A few bad cases can bankrupt an insurance company.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 02:57:01 PM »
Since when is a 17 yr old college student who pays for his own health insurance considered the worst dregs of society?  Is it because he has HIV? What about Ryan White? You remember him don't you? He was the 12 yr old virgin hemophiliac who contracted AIDs as a result of the criminal conspiracy perpetrated on the public by big pharma. Do you remember when Bayer was given a green light to sell HIV infected factor 8 all over the world? How did Ryan White engage in reckless behaviour?

I fail to see how "Keep your laws off of my body" applies in this case.

This insurance company was happy to take the money of a 17 yr old kid, probably orgasming at the thought that they'd be receiving monthly premiums for the next 50 yrs, only to drop him without due cause, not provide him the services he had paid for, and ignoring any attempts to communicate with him to resolve the matter... knowing full well that he would die without treatment, ...all the while banking on the fact that his imminent death would provide him no recourse.

I think what 333 needs is to fall off his sea-doo while splashing around in the Hudson, and have his skin turn green, only to have his coverage dropped and him refused treatment, for being part of the worst dregs of society, and engaging in reckless behaviour. His very rants and sentiments expressed here on Getbig unquestionably qualify him in both those categories. And now 333 will insert some unrelated ad hom attack from out of left field, attackiing the messenger, rather than the message in 3, ...2, ...1

I have acted responsibly to prepare for almost all corcumstances.  I carry disability inasurance and health insurance which I will be fine in 95% of situatons.  i am under no illusions that i can account for 100% of situations that occur since that is fantasy world.    

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »
I have acted responsibly to prepare for almost all corcumstances.  I carry disability inasurance and health insurance which I will be fine in 95% of situatons.  i am under no illusions that i can account for 100% of situations that occur since that is fantasy world.    

You mean like if or rather, when your insurance carrier(s) decide to just drop your coverage wrongfully, and refuse to communicate with you, ...expecting you to simply go away by dying? I can just imagine how you'd be screaming up a storm then about the theft of your money.  ::)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
You mean like if or rather, when your insurance carrier(s) decide to just drop your coverage wrongfully, and refuse to communicate with you, ...expecting you to simply go away by dying? I can just imagine how you'd be screaming up a storm then about the theft of your money.  ::)

No, since that does not occur.  That is media hype and spin.  sure there are certain situations thast occur, but overall it does not.  Between the savings I have and policies, etc, I am fine.

BTW - I dont do drugs or have gay sex in the clubs like a lot of these other perverts so I am not really that concerned.  If I get run iver by a bus or something, so be it, shit happens.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:32 AM »

So you think someone's policy amount begins to even cover catastrophic illnesses, LOL!

Maybe there should be a cap and whatever goes above that gets shifted to tax payers. :) Until people realize there's no endless supply of private money we're screwed.

I'm not going all "let people die" but an insured person with chronic, manageable illnesses like high blood pressure or diabetes probably gets three times their policy payment in care. I know someone with great insurance and he takes $1200 in meds/month. The $1200 does not include doctor's visits, dental, or the occasional stress test. Of course he's a huge fan of nationalized medicine because Medicare would be unmanageable for him at retirement age because so many providers in this area can't accommodate new patients.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 04:57:56 AM »
So you think someone's policy amount begins to even cover catastrophic illnesses, LOL!

Maybe there should be a cap and whatever goes above that gets shifted to tax payers. :) Until people realize there's no endless supply of private money we're screwed.

I'm not going all "let people die" but an insured person with chronic, manageable illnesses like high blood pressure or diabetes probably gets three times their policy payment in care. I know someone with great insurance and he takes $1200 in meds/month. The $1200 does not include doctor's visits, dental, or the occasional stress test. Of course he's a huge fan of nationalized medicine because Medicare would be unmanageable for him at retirement age because so many providers in this area can't accommodate new patients.

Kaje - thats exactly the point. 

People in this country have become so economically stupid that they truly believe there is an endless supply of free care and that it should be at everyones' expense. 

These are the same fools who pony up cash for nails and maincures, hair does, cable, televisions, phones, etc. 

Screw em.  I really dont know where this garbage ends with these people.