Author Topic: Diet soda  (Read 6228 times)

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
Re: Diet soda
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:10 AM »

That article is BS, its physically impossible to get fat from drinking sugar free / calorie free pop!!!!!!.   There's nothing your body can take from the diet pop to store as fat!. My old trainer Vince pro bber told me to drink diet pop when i get cravings.  Plus i know so many bbers that drink diet pop through their whole diet and get shredded.  I drank diet pop all through my last diet, and all through this off season.  Im the leanest iv ever been in the off season at 8%bf.   Its like saying drinking water will making you fat if you believe that their sugar or fat in the water?  ::).  Only in American people would believe such nonsense ::)

YOU WILL NOT GET FAT FROM DRINKING DIET POP! SO GO AHEAD DRINK 12 CANS A DAY ITS FINE!!!!!!!

I will have to agree...have always used diet drinks when cutting up, even when I competed.  Don't read too much into it--sugar/calorie-free is sugar/calorie-free.     8)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 05:06:00 AM »
i drink 1.5litrer a day and im still going down in bf, 8 weeks out.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 05:10:28 AM »
I always laugh with the recycled "diet soda is evil" stuff.  The only studies fed rats about a lb a day of aspartame, or some shit.  Yeah, really valid in the real world.

newmom

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 06:00:38 AM »
I usually dont drink diet soda, but at night if I want something sweet, drop a little crystal light in the water and its yummy

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 06:30:04 AM »
I always laugh with the recycled "diet soda is evil" stuff.  The only studies fed rats about a lb a day of aspartame, or some shit.  Yeah, really valid in the real world.
Yea they fed them mofos tons of Saccharin how does that relate to humans, drinking a diet coke right now

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 07:01:26 AM »
Soda is great after a night of drinking.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
Diet Coke is legendary! I've been sipping it for well over ten years. Although I don't think soda is anything to be consumed more than once or twice a day.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
nope...just a(n) theory hypothesis....if there have been studies i am unaware of them

Fixed.

A theory is/has been extensively tested and is generally accepted, while a hypothesis is a speculative guess that has yet to be tested. :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 09:14:07 AM »
the theory being that since the brain equates sweetness with calories...when you consume something sweet with no calories, your body will make up the calories at some later time

hense..fat!

are you fucking retarded...

That is the dumbest thing i have ever read..

Because you think you are having something sweet, you get fat...

Broskie, there has to be a transference of energy. So there needs to be calories (energy) injested in order to convert and store as fat (dense energy)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »
you know whjat the funny thing is?

people argue that the body releases insulin because it thinks something sugary is going to enter the body

and they think that this would cause a decrese in body composition

but they dont understand that if this was to actually happen, if your body would release insulin after drinking a calorie free beverage....   this would actually help IMPROVE body composition

insulin release woudl be a positive effect!!!

ever hear of the controversial application of humalog where it is taken without any carbs, at a very low dose..... it is used to lean people out... before cardio, or whenever.

if you have an increase in insulin, your body's blood glucose will drop below normal, because some of it will have been pushed into storeage- almost always as glycogen in muscle. as a result, you have fuller muscles, and an increase in fat burning hormones. (the fat burning hormone, like GH, are released to elevate blood glucose back to normal)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
I usually dont drink diet soda, but at night if I want something sweet, I drop a little crystal meth....

Say what?

newmom

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

Say what?

haha quite cute dyslexic maybe about 25 years ago

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »
Crystal Light and Diet Pepsi are both great.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
you know whjat the funny thing is?

people argue that the body releases insulin because it thinks something sugary is going to enter the body

and they think that this would cause a decrese in body composition

but they dont understand that if this was to actually happen, if your body would release insulin after drinking a calorie free beverage....   this would actually help IMPROVE body composition

insulin release woudl be a positive effect!!!

ever hear of the controversial application of humalog where it is taken without any carbs, at a very low dose..... it is used to lean people out... before cardio, or whenever.

if you have an increase in insulin, your body's blood glucose will drop below normal, because some of it will have been pushed into storeage- almost always as glycogen in muscle. as a result, you have fuller muscles, and an increase in fat burning hormones. (the fat burning hormone, like GH, are released to elevate blood glucose back to normal)

No tbombz, you're making this a blanket statement, insulin release in most cases with the average person who is trying to drop weight is not good.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
Only for a shot time after you have depleted the glycogen through intense exercise.

Otherwise it's into triglycerides & transported through the bloodstream (where some can be oxidized & deposited as fatty plaques) to be stored as body fat.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
I'd rather risk cancer in 50 years than be a fat slob my whole life

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »

are you fucking retarded...
That is the dumbest thing i have ever read..
Because you think you are having something sweet, you get fat...
Broskie, there has to be a transference of energy. So there needs to be calories (energy) injested in order to convert and store as fat (dense energy)

no what i said shit for brains is that your body tries to make up for calories that it considers shoulda been associated with said sweetness...try n keep up...do you TRY and epitomize the dumbfuck with big muscles cliche?  :-\
besides...i didn't make the theory up ...just relaying it...now go play in traffic
carpe` vaginum!

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
I love diet pop and drink tons of it. I've drank it while cutting up for shows and was down to 4-5% BF. Didn't hurt me

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
a lot of animosity going around for a friday . . .

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
Coke Zero is the bomb

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »
a lot of animosity going around for a friday . . .
No shit, and I just wanted to enjoy a rare coke zero without messing up my diet.   :-\

newmom

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
No shit, and I just wanted to enjoy a rare coke zero without messing up my diet.   :-\

you sure can. Seems lots of peeps on edge and I admit I'm one of them

dustin

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
the theory being that since the brain equates sweetness with calories...when you consume something sweet with no calories, your body will make up the calories at some later time

hense..fat!

Well why don't we go buy a couple flats of diet cola and go save Africa? I was unaware that you could magically create calories just from the perception of sweetness! :o

io856

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »
diet drinks are a god send 

zero calories, great taste, fill your stomach  :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »
diet drinks are a god send 

zero calories, great taste, fill your stomach  :D

And why do you suppose that is? I know you know the answer.