Author Topic: Diet soda  (Read 6225 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Diet soda
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »
Well why don't we go buy a couple flats of diet cola and go save Africa? I was unaware that you could magically create calories just from the perception of sweetness! :o

one last time...the theory goes (again...i didn't make this up..just heard it thru some iron agers eons ago)..the theory goes that if you drink a diet soda that is sweet...millions of years of evolution has adapted the brain and body to associate sweetness with calories. So when the body does not get those calories with the sweetness, it makes up for it later by making you hungrier and you end up eating more.

hense taking in the same calories that you saved yourself by drinking a diet soda, from other food

thats about as simply as i can put it
carpe` vaginum!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »
sounds like weakness

dustin

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
one last time...the theory goes (again...i didn't make this up..just heard it thru some iron agers eons ago)..the theory goes that if you drink a diet soda that is sweet...millions of years of evolution has adapted the brain and body to associate sweetness with calories. So when the body does not get those calories with the sweetness, it makes up for it later by making you hungrier and you end up eating more

hense taking in the same calories that you saved yourself by drinking a diet soda

thats about as simply as i can put it

Then instead of stating that you can magically create calories, just say it elevates hunger and can be a possible detriment to those who are dieting. :)

For the record, diet cola doesn't make me hungry, it actually creates satiety. Part of it has to do with the carbonation, the other contributing factor is the taste. After drinking any sort of cola, even if it's flat (yuck), I don't feel like eating. Even if I feel hungry, the carbonated beverage fills my stomach and I couldn't eat as much as I want to anyway. I love diet cola.

This thread's making me crave a Coke Zero and some Jack Daniels 8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
I started a big debate on this a couple of years on how diet sodas can add fat and can be a big contributor to metabolic syndrome. Instead of me re-iterating the entire debate, just do a search for it. Can't remember if I was "The Coach" or "mr. Intenseone" then.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
Then instead of stating that you can magically create calories, just say it elevates hunger and can be a possible detriment to those who are dieting. :)

i said exactly that and quite succinctly in my previous posts in this thread  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 06:42:20 PM »
Soda, diet soda all garbage.
Welcome to Slovakia

dustin

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2010, 06:47:11 PM »
i said exactly that and quite succinctly in my previous posts in this thread  :-\

Yeah, well take it back. I was going to get a Nobel Peace prize. You bitches would have been proud. >:( ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
No tbombz, you're making this a blanket statement, insulin release in most cases with the average person who is trying to drop weight is not good.

insulin is a hormone-not a calorie, or source of energy.

insulin does not control or affect the "rate" of metabolism, insulin will never affect daily calorie totals..whether outgoing or ingoing.

thus, insulin can never be the cause of fat gain, because fat can can only be caused by energy excess. insulin contributes no energy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2010, 09:15:27 PM »
insulin is a hormone-not a calorie, or source of energy.

insulin does not control or affect the "rate" of metabolism, insulin will never affect daily calorie totals..whether outgoing or ingoing.

thus, insulin can never be the cause of fat gain, because fat can can only be caused by energy excess. insulin contributes no energy.

Basic stuff, we know that. Find the debate then you will learn something. You have much to learn young jedi.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
all diet drinks are crap filled with chemicals it will only make you gain more fat
TEAM WOLF

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 10:52:14 PM »
all diet drinks are crap filled with chemicals it will only make you gain more fat
and make you feel like shit , i guess thats why bodybuilders love it so much , any time you can stick some chemicals in your body that make you less healthy body builders will love that shit

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 11:41:56 PM »
and make you feel like shit , i guess thats why bodybuilders love it so much , any time you can stick some chemicals in your body that make you less healthy body builders will love that shit
This is genius. You should write blogs so people can really get more insight into your amazing thoughts. Share the intellectual wealth sir.

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 11:44:34 PM »
This is genius. You should write blogs so people can really get more insight into your amazing thoughts. Share the intellectual wealth sir.
you forgot to add this " ::)"

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »
you forgot to add this " ::)"
I didn't feel I was serious enough to add emoticons.  卐

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »
Basic stuff, we know that. Find the debate then you will learn something. You have much to learn young jedi.

heres the same debate years ago, and me owning your bitchass exactly the same way... and you responding exactly the same way... too stupid to have more than one kind of response in your repertoire?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210860.msg2919612#msg2919612

total bullshit

insulin is released in reponse to nutrients entering the bloodstream, NOT in response to sweetness  ::)

LOL.....ok Candizzle.

Still got a lot to learn do ya?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »
anyone who thinks a zero calorie drink has any potential to increase fat stores is overlooking the basic laws of physics..

Correct. BS bro-science.

Diet sodas will not and cannot add any fat. AFAIK, even a significant insulin response (which is irrelevant anyway) could never been proven.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »
im drinking pepsi max now

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »
im drinking pepsi max now

me too yip yip 8)
tank u jesus

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »
heres the same debate years ago, and me owning your bitchass exactly the same way... and you responding exactly the same way... too stupid to have more than one kind of response in your repertoire?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210860.msg2919612#msg2919612

LOL.....where's the ownage? Tbombz, this is basic stuff, my position nor the medical communities position has changed...LOL..geez!

BTW, that wasn't the thread.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
 :D
A

newmom

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
I just don't see the big deal with having a few diet sodas per week

io856

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »
the coach isn't known for his intelligence anyway

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
I just don't see the big deal with having a few diet sodas cans of toxic chemical shit per week
;D ;D
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »
the coach isn't known for his intelligence anyway

Ok, suit yourself, I've proven this time and time again with backed up research. Again, this isn't some kind of medical revelation but you clowns can think what you want. Whatever.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
You are an idiot.  In general, a theory is a time-tested, empirically-validated fact.  Not only is what you're saying wrong, it's just plain retarded.  You can't just make up some bullshit like this and call it a theory.  If you replace regular soda with diet, you're going to reduce your calorie intake.  Period.  Do not post false information to confuse all the tiny twinks.

So many things wrong with what you said...

the theory being that since the brain equates sweetness with calories...when you consume something sweet with no calories, your body will make up the calories at some later time

hense..fat!