Author Topic: Show some courage! Jesse Ventura challenges Bill O'Reilly to an interview  (Read 1826 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
C

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lets see,Bill Oreilly has about 6 million viewers a night,the number one rated cable news show in the country,and Ventura is a guy who used to do jobs for Hulk Hogan,and get his ass whipped by Precious Paul Ellering in posedowns.Yeah,Oreilly has a lot to gain from that.Oreilly wants his ratings to go up,not down.Now,perhaps if Ventura cut his idiotic hair ,maybe he would have a chance.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lets see,Bill Oreilly has about 6 million viewers a night,the number one rated cable news show in the country,and Ventura is a guy who used to do jobs for Hulk Hogan,and get his ass whipped by Precious Paul Ellering in posedowns.Yeah,Oreilly has a lot to gain from that.Oreilly wants his ratings to go up,not down.Now,perhaps if Ventura cut his idiotic hair ,maybe he would have a chance.

So what? I'd trust Ventura before I trust O'Reilly. Ventura comes across more genuine to me. But hey if ratings is all that impress you then I guess a good debate does not mean anything.

TEsticles

• Getbig II
yes, trust ventura over o'reilly, no wonder obama got voted in.......

MM2K

• Getbig IV
yes, trust ventura over o'reilly, no wonder obama got voted in.......

one of the best posts ever.

Actually, to tell you the truth, Im not sure why Oreilly wouldnt have him on. He has had some nutbags on his show before such as Michael Moore.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

TEsticles

• Getbig II
moore is a gronk, but at least he did make an argument for the far left and that  allowed  o'reilly to show how out of touch they are.......he also knew that many  liberals would and possibly get more of them to start watching fox.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Billy,

Ventura was governor.  He has more executive experience than say, Ms. Palin.

And there's a good chance you would agree with 90% of his positions on things.  He hates the spending, govt lies, etc.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Billy,

And there's a good chance you would agree with 90% of his positions on things.  He hates the spending, govt lies, etc.

Yes,

Mr. Ventura governed a state of 5.3 million people, what's he know... 
S

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Billy,

3rd party people are in some ways worse than liberals. Atleast liberals are mature enough to pick a party they agree with on most things and stick with that party. They understand that you only get things done by consolidating power which means comprimising on certain things. That's one thing I will always give Ron Paul credit for even though I generally dont like him as a Congressman/presidential candidate. Atleast he stayed with the Republican Party.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
true, but historically if people had adhered to that belief, we would have never seen new political parties emerge in the US.

he tea party endorsed candidate will probably win in 2012, whether it's a palin or Perry (my personal favorite) or whoever.

I know he'll still call himself a repub because it's hard to change all the signs on the door.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Billy,

No he doesn't. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Explain how 4 years as Governor for Ventura is somehow LESS EXPERIENCE than 2 years for palin, during which she spent a solid 6 months of the time in other states campaigning?

You can claim she's better at this or that... but saying she has more executive experience than Ventura?  
2 <  4.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
3rd party people are in some ways worse than liberals. Atleast liberals are mature enough to pick a party they agree with on most things and stick with that party. They understand that you only get things done by consolidating power which means comprimising on certain things. That's one thing I will always give Ron Paul credit for even though I generally dont like him as a Congressman/presidential candidate. Atleast he stayed with the Republican Party.

political parties come and go

I wish we had more independent

Repubs are like the Borg.  They have a hive mind and put their own political needs above the needs of our country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Explain how 4 years as Governor for Ventura is somehow LESS EXPERIENCE than 2 years for palin, during which she spent a solid 6 months of the time in other states campaigning?

You can claim she's better at this or that... but saying she has more executive experience than Ventura?  
2 <  4.

Six years as mayor and two as gov = eight years.  Eight is more than four.

And I thought my math skills sucked . . . .   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Six years as mayor and two as gov = eight years.  Eight is more than four.

six years as mayor of a town with less than 10,000 people which was known as the meth capital of Alaska and had one of the highest rates of high school drop outs in the country

half term as governor of a state with a population of less than 700,000 with virtually all residents (you must live there at least 12 months) receving a redistribution of wealth from oil companies

I can see why you're impressed

::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Six years as mayor and two as gov = eight years.  Eight is more than four.

This is why it is always good to check YOUR FACTS before you open your mouth. Jesse Ventura was MAYOR BEFORE HE WAS GOVERNOR... And has a far more impressive background than the idiot Palin who thinks Africa is a country.

Jesse Ventura Biography
(1951–)

Born James George Janos, on July 15, 1951, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. His father, George, worked for the city of Minneapolis as a steam fitter, while his mother, Bernice, was a nurse in a local hospital. After graduating from high school in 1969, James Janos enlisted in the U.S. Navy and was accepted into the elite Navy SEALs program. In 1970, Janos completed the SEALs training program and was sent to Vietnam. During his service in Vietnam, he made over 100 parachute jumps as well as many deep-sea dives. He was honorably discharged in 1973 and settled for a brief time in California, where he joined a motorcycle gang and worked as a bodyguard for the Rolling Stones.

Janos returned to Minneapolis in 1975 and enrolled in a community college, but he dropped out after one year. During that year, he accelerated his weight training program and began to work seriously on his already large—6'4," over 200 pound-physique. A wrestling promoter spotted Janos and offered him a job wrestling in the Central States division (at that time professional wrestling in the United States was organized strictly into regions). His stage persona was the California surfer-type Jesse "the Body" Ventura—"bad guy" in big sunglasses and bright pink tights.

During Ventura's ten years on the pro wrestling circuit, he was part of the American Wrestling Association as well as the World Wrestling Federation. While he was never the most talented wrestler, he won fans with his charisma and his outspoken style. These qualities led to a steady gig as a color commentator for the WWF in 1985. Ventura cut back on his wrestling schedule, then quit completely in 1986 when doctors discovered he had a pulmonary embolism. His success as a commentator led to several movie roles, including a part in the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger film Predator and a starring role in the B-movie Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (1991).

In 1990, Ventura became upset by what he perceived to be an ineffective local government in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, where he was living with his wife, Terry, and two children, Tyrel and Jade. At Terry's urging, Ventura decided to run for mayor as an independent candidate. That November he shocked skeptics and scored an upset victory over the 18-year incumbent, becoming mayor of Brooklyn Park. Though conflict with the Democratic and Republican council members prevented Ventura from accomplishing much significant legislation, the town's crime rate dropped and citizen interest in local government grew during his four-year term.

Ventura decided not to seek reelection and instead continued his career as a commentator, this time for the WWF's rival, World Championship Wrestling. In early 1994 he sued the WWF for $2 million, claiming they were cheating him out of videocassette royalties—he won the case and was awarded more than $810,000. Ventura also continued acting, landing roles in such high profile movies as 1993's Demolition Man, starring Sylvester Stallone, and 1997's Batman and Robin, starring George Clooney. He and his family moved from Brooklyn Park to Maple Grove, Minnesota, and Ventura began hosting several radio talk shows.

In late 1997, Ventura decided to run for governor of Minnesota as a Reform Party candidate. His unusual platform—pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and pro-gun—and somewhat unorthodox background caused many observers to completely dismiss Ventura as a serious candidate. His promises to lower taxes and improve education appealed to Minnesota voters, however, and his performances in the gubernatorial debates showcased his down-to-earth style and plain-spoken, "Everyman" politics.

On November 3, 1998, Jesse "The Body" Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota. As CBS news anchorman Dan Rather put it on election night: "The people of Washington could not be more surprised if Fidel Castro came loping across the midwestern prairie on the back of a hippopotamus." As the first Reform Party candidate ever elected to state or federal office, Ventura was the party's highest-ranking member, and some supporters hoped he might become its next presidential candidate. In February 2000, however, disappointed with both the party's management and Reform presidential hopeful Pat Buchanan, Ventura announced he was leaving the Reform Party.

In a June 2002 interview on Minnesota Public Radio, Ventura announced that he would not seek re-election.
C

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
This is why it is always good to check YOUR FACTS before you open your mouth. Jesse Ventura was MAYOR BEFORE HE WAS GOVERNOR... And has a far more impressive background than the idiot Palin who thinks Africa is a country.

Jesse Ventura Biography
(1951–)

Born James George Janos, on July 15, 1951, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. His father, George, worked for the city of Minneapolis as a steam fitter, while his mother, Bernice, was a nurse in a local hospital. After graduating from high school in 1969, James Janos enlisted in the U.S. Navy and was accepted into the elite Navy SEALs program. In 1970, Janos completed the SEALs training program and was sent to Vietnam. During his service in Vietnam, he made over 100 parachute jumps as well as many deep-sea dives. He was honorably discharged in 1973 and settled for a brief time in California, where he joined a motorcycle gang and worked as a bodyguard for the Rolling Stones.

Janos returned to Minneapolis in 1975 and enrolled in a community college, but he dropped out after one year. During that year, he accelerated his weight training program and began to work seriously on his already large—6'4," over 200 pound-physique. A wrestling promoter spotted Janos and offered him a job wrestling in the Central States division (at that time professional wrestling in the United States was organized strictly into regions). His stage persona was the California surfer-type Jesse "the Body" Ventura—"bad guy" in big sunglasses and bright pink tights.

During Ventura's ten years on the pro wrestling circuit, he was part of the American Wrestling Association as well as the World Wrestling Federation. While he was never the most talented wrestler, he won fans with his charisma and his outspoken style. These qualities led to a steady gig as a color commentator for the WWF in 1985. Ventura cut back on his wrestling schedule, then quit completely in 1986 when doctors discovered he had a pulmonary embolism. His success as a commentator led to several movie roles, including a part in the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger film Predator and a starring role in the B-movie Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (1991).

In 1990, Ventura became upset by what he perceived to be an ineffective local government in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, where he was living with his wife, Terry, and two children, Tyrel and Jade. At Terry's urging, Ventura decided to run for mayor as an independent candidate. That November he shocked skeptics and scored an upset victory over the 18-year incumbent, becoming mayor of Brooklyn Park. Though conflict with the Democratic and Republican council members prevented Ventura from accomplishing much significant legislation, the town's crime rate dropped and citizen interest in local government grew during his four-year term.

Ventura decided not to seek reelection and instead continued his career as a commentator, this time for the WWF's rival, World Championship Wrestling. In early 1994 he sued the WWF for $2 million, claiming they were cheating him out of videocassette royalties—he won the case and was awarded more than $810,000. Ventura also continued acting, landing roles in such high profile movies as 1993's Demolition Man, starring Sylvester Stallone, and 1997's Batman and Robin, starring George Clooney. He and his family moved from Brooklyn Park to Maple Grove, Minnesota, and Ventura began hosting several radio talk shows.

In late 1997, Ventura decided to run for governor of Minnesota as a Reform Party candidate. His unusual platform—pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and pro-gun—and somewhat unorthodox background caused many observers to completely dismiss Ventura as a serious candidate. His promises to lower taxes and improve education appealed to Minnesota voters, however, and his performances in the gubernatorial debates showcased his down-to-earth style and plain-spoken, "Everyman" politics.

On November 3, 1998, Jesse "The Body" Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota. As CBS news anchorman Dan Rather put it on election night: "The people of Washington could not be more surprised if Fidel Castro came loping across the midwestern prairie on the back of a hippopotamus." As the first Reform Party candidate ever elected to state or federal office, Ventura was the party's highest-ranking member, and some supporters hoped he might become its next presidential candidate. In February 2000, however, disappointed with both the party's management and Reform presidential hopeful Pat Buchanan, Ventura announced he was leaving the Reform Party.

In a June 2002 interview on Minnesota Public Radio, Ventura announced that he would not seek re-election.

Then I stand corrected.  They both have eight years of executive experience.  Now you can go back to trolling for customers.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Then I stand corrected.  They both have eight years of executive experience.  Now you can go back to trolling for customers.   :)

executive experience?

LOL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Has anyone seen the news piece where they interview the NEW mayor of Wasilla and ask her about her weekly duties?  It's laughable... mail letters, attend 2 meetings, visit with people, and a whole lot of down time.

Perhaps people equating being a mayor of 10,000 people with running a state of 5.3 million is an example of the piss poor standards that even got Palin the VP nod in the first place.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I see.  I point out your misstatement regarding the years of executive experience and you change the subject to the quality of executive experience.  Riiiight. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I see.  I point out your misstatement regarding the years of executive experience and you change the subject to the quality of executive experience.  Riiiight. 

240 is the master of spin, misdirection, distraction, and equivocation. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

who cares about quality

only quantity matters right?

John Coyne's was mayor of Brooklyn Ohio (population 11,251) for 52 years

He must be the most "qualified" person on the planet and at least 6 times more qualified than Palin

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Has anyone seen the news piece where they interview the NEW mayor of Wasilla and ask her about her weekly duties?  It's laughable... mail letters, attend 2 meetings, visit with people, and a whole lot of down time.
Perhaps people equating being a mayor of 10,000 people with running a state of 5.3 million is an example of the piss poor standards that even got Palin the VP nod in the first place.

Rob - you must have learned by now that Bum approaches life with a child-like simplicity

counting the years served is all you need to do

he doesn't want to clutter of his head with things like details and nuance

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
who cares about quality

only quantity matters right?

John Coyne's was mayor of Brooklyn Ohio (population 11,251) for 52 years

He must be the most "qualified" person on the planet and at least 6 times more qualified than Palin

lol
S

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Billy,

Why do you bring up Palin?Did I mention her?You are consumed by her.Ventura is a fucking deuche bag with a lifetime of making himself look stupid.He is the man who guaranteed the Road Warriors would never make it in pro wrestling.That alone,should disqualify him from ever speaking again.He is a slow talking nit wit,who supports Hussein Obama which is the second reason he should never be seen.Get of Palins jock,you sound foolish.