Author Topic: BREAKING ON FOX: Dems have 216 votes  (Read 993 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
BREAKING ON FOX: Dems have 216 votes
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »
http://twitter.com/foxnews/statuses/10744206000

BREAKING: Dems appear to reach magic 216 vote number, putting them in position to pass health care bill

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: BREAKING ON FOX: Dems have 216 votes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
I'm very shocked.

I am starting to not give a shit either way.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
my work has been emailing all employees to email congress to not pass this legislation.  I think that may be crossing the line a bit.  I wonder if I can start a lawsuit.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »
look for 333 to have a high powered rifle on top of a tower very soon...
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
my work has been emailing all employees to email congress to not pass this legislation.  I think that may be crossing the line a bit.  I wonder if I can start a lawsuit.

There will be at least two of them.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=324782.0

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
http://twitter.com/foxnews/statuses/10744206000

BREAKING: Dems appear to reachhave stolen the magic 216 vote number, putting them in position to pass health care bill

Fixed that for ya!

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
The whole thing a joke and just disgusting. I never thought I would see this day. Too bad my daughter is going to have to pay through the nose for all this bs.

SG  >:(

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »
If so, they just lost Congress for atleast the next decade.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
of course Obama is bribing them to vote his way.

Remmeber how many republicans changed their NO vote to YES in 2008?  The Bailout Bill FAILED, remember?  Then, Bush got a dozen republicans to change their vote to YES with pork for their districts... and on the second try, the Bailout PASSED the house.

It was fuct up then, and it's fuct up now.  However, if you didn't bitch then, don't bitch now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
of course Obama is bribing them to vote his way.

Remmeber how many republicans changed their NO vote to YES in 2008?  The Bailout Bill FAILED, remember?  Then, Bush got a dozen republicans to change their vote to YES with pork for their districts... and on the second try, the Bailout PASSED the house.

It was fuct up then, and it's fuct up now.  However, if you didn't bitch then, don't bitch now.
and if you did bitch then you should be livid now...240 did you bitch then... ;) ::)

did pelosi, biden, obama... ::) ;)

silver line a tad bit more you terd

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »
nah the dems were on board with the bailout bill, of course they didn't bitch.

Some repubs in congress DID bitch when Bush bought the remaining votes.  I'm referring to the getbiggers who defended everything Bush did - then suddenly attacked everything Obama did - when most of what they're doing is the same.  Amnesty bill, bailouts, iraq, afghanistan, etc - Bush, mccain and Obama were all the same.

I've been pretty consistent... everyone in DC is for sale, it's that simple.  Both sides are full of pieces of shit, neither side is better.  They're all part of this pendulum that are 90% the same.  We actually have getbiggers who have said "at least the repubs are TRYING to do what is best".... blah blah... they're all shitbags.

turrilli

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »

Some repubs in congress DID bitch when Bush bought the remaining votes.  I'm referring to the getbiggers who defended everything Bush did - then suddenly attacked everything Obama did - when most of what they're doing is the same.  Amnesty bill, bailouts, iraq, afghanistan, etc - Bush, mccain and Obama were all the same.

I've been pretty consistent... everyone in DC is for sale, it's that simple.  Both sides are full of pieces of shit, neither side is better.  They're all part of this pendulum that are 90% the same.  We actually have getbiggers who have said "at least the repubs are TRYING to do what is best".... blah blah... they're all shitbags.

In many ways you're right, both parties are the same...there are some good souls in there but to few to matter in the full scope of things.

The problem is simple, it's the progressive movement that has infected both sides...the effect is stronger in the liberal camp but it exist within the GOP as well. On one side it's really bad, on the other it's simply worse.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »

Are you sure Bush bribed them with pork? Part of the reason those Congressmen changed their vote is that the market fell about 900 points the day after that first vote. Bush may not of had to buy votes. I know there were atleast some of those NO votes that had changed thier minds when the market fell by that much. Dont give me this bullshit about Bush being the same as Obama. That is crap. Buying votes is not the same as passing a bill without having both chamnbers giving an up or down vote on it. Lets stop it with the crap about Republicans and Democrats being the same. That is crap. If you think Republicans and Democracts are the same, you are part of the reason we are in this mess. Republcians are certainly not ideal. I would give Reubliccans a failing grade of 59 and Democrats a failing grade of 0. But after all this crap that the Democrats are pulling, you cannot honestly tell me that the Republicans are the same as Democrats. Dont even try. Lets try to have some perspective here.

Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 06:45:27 AM »
Yeah, the Times Online lists the projects that were called "pork" and added to Take Two of the Bailout Bill in order to get it past the hosue:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4870770.ece

New nascar race tracks (multiple GOP in Virginia then changed votes) and tax breaks for commercial fisherman in alaska (Republican Don Young of alaska).  The Bailout money which ended a tax on archery supplies had to be the nicest one of all.  Repub projects. 

And this isn't to say the dems don't do the same thing - even MSNBC is talking about which Dems are getting what for their votes.  The saavy crooks in congress will vote a close NO on take one, then collect some pork to sweeten their vote.  This way, when their opponent says "Smith voted for this crap sandwich", Smith can reply the great things the bill did for his state.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
This will pass tomorrow but I sincerely hope the reconciliation bill fails.  As I posted yesterday, the reconciliation bill adds taxes on everyone making $200K+ and a 3.8% tax on investments/dividends, additional 65 billion in medicare cuts, increased penalties for employers & individuals choosing not the have or offer healthcare, limits on HSA contributions and increased penalties for withdraws, increased taxes on medical insurance co, medical equipment manufacturers, and drug companies (which will be passed on to us).  All these penalties to cover more poor people on the backs of working folks.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:20 AM »

and what of those getbiggers that bitched about everything bush did and then knee pad for everything obama does...I mean ppl like you 240

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 10:08:38 AM »
perhaps your side will have better luck on
cap and trade
immigration
w