Author Topic: British politics? Anyone care? We have an Election soon.  (Read 1547 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
British politics? Anyone care? We have an Election soon.
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
British politics?  Anyone care?  We have a General Election coming up.  May 6th?

And they're all of a sameness.  All blurry eyed and unable to say what they think our country ought do.  Gordon Brown, our current Prime Minister, was in charge of finances, prior to this depression and his falling unvoted for into the leadership (after Tony Blair decided to get another job making more money (now he's a consultant to Iraqui Oil Shreiks).

The other one, our other choice, the bright Conservative Tory Blue "call me Dave" David Toff Cameron has never had a policy or an answer to a straight question ever in his short sad life.

Any opinions?
I've voted all my life and feel that that is important.  But this time, I wonder, ought I not show up, or should I wreck my ballot and write "none of the above".

Maybe someone will start a Twitter or Facebook campaign for everyone here in Britain to vote NO.
(as in thanks but no thanks)

Hello?  your thoughts on British politics needed here, now, badly

xL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: British politics? Anyone care? We have an Election soon.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »
we americans don't understand much of what happens over the pond. 

You guys have tea, right?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
there's a guy who post on the time-out board who def would be interested...His name is Tignthing...Does he ring a bell Linda...he would ramble about you all day in that board

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »
I can't speak too much about British politics (lack of knowledge...willing to listen) but man you guys have got to do something about your immigration issues, it seems to have changed the country.  Probably especially important since you guys have more government programs that people can benefit from without working.  I really enjoyed my trip to England 2 yrs ago and plan to go back, love the history and architecture.  Cheers.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 07:14:39 PM »
I'm not familiar with the issues on your agenda right now, but HELL YES YOU SHOULD VOTE!

Always vote...always try to make a difference.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »
Im with you on this. We dont have a great selection right now thats for sure! Though I will definitely vote (whether ill be in england or overseas postal vote im not sure), just because it would be an insult to all those who struggle for their vote in other countries if i didnt.

If you want we can discuss policy etc, though im not sure many americans on here would be that interested in interest rates and very local issues!

I will if im around do some campaigning for my local MP as well, she's a bright woman and seems to care a lot about issues that affect her constiuents, Ive also never found myself disagreeing with her on big issues to do with defence or foreign policy, so I dont see any reason not to help.

Immigration is an important issue, there are others...the country being completely broke being the main one, what annoys me is that labour or Tory, the next government will raise taxes and cut spending, so theres no choice and no real difference. Both the left right and centre are going to feel let down and pissed off. Not good considering politicians are about as popular as sewer rats right now.

Cameron (assuming its a Tory win) won't make a strong PM, its doubtful he'll get much of a majority, if any. and the party already has the knives out waiting to take him down if things dont go their way. The only thing worse would be four more years of labour, who have done their best to turn the country back into some nanny state 'we know best' type of society....I guess the fact that its going to be a very close election will be quite exciting...its just i dont feel all that excited, and neither does anybody else!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
Fantastic pic 240!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
Besides being broke, creating a nanny state is about the worst thing government can do.  Creates a society of (at least somewhat) complacent, lazy, entitled people.  Government is incredibly important but there has to be some limits too.  We are arguing over this in the states now too, as healthcare reform will pass soon but other issues like cap & trade, more gov power and possible legalization of illegals are coming.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
pendulum will swing back.

Boehnner required a roll call vote instead of allowing them to do it electronically, so that repubs can use the video in commercials in a few months.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
pendulum will swing back.

Boehnner required a roll call vote instead of allowing them to do it electronically, so that repubs can use the video in commercials in a few months.

that should be helpful to counter all the ads of families of children with congenital conditions that can now actually afford to purchase (with their own money) health insurance

btw - cool pic.  I don't recall ever seeing that one before

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
that should be helpful to counter all the ads of families of children with congenital conditions that can now actually afford to purchase (with their own money) health insurance

btw - cool pic.  I don't recall ever seeing that one before
LOL just b/c the reps were against this travesty of a bill doesnt mean "they want ppl to die"  ::) doesnt mean they are against health care reform  ::) and doesnt mean they dont have any ideas as you were led to believe but now no was wrong  ;) how long before you realize this bill sucks ass?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
Hi Linda,

Welcome Back. How have you been?
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »
LOL just b/c the reps were against this travesty of a bill doesnt mean "they want ppl to die"  ::) doesnt mean they are against health care reform  ::) and doesnt mean they dont have any ideas as you were led to believe but now no was wrong  ;) how long before you realize this bill sucks ass?

I didn't say Repubs want people to die

I was talking about how effective videos of Dems casting a vote (as a negative ad) was going to play againts ads of real families with sick kids that can now buy health insurance

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »
I didn't say Repubs want people to die

I was talking about how effective videos of Dems casting a vote (as a negative ad) was going to play againts ads of real families with sick kids that can now buy health insurance

news flash this shit really doesnt kick in for 4 yrs...this shit will likely not even be law by november...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »
news flash this shit really doesnt kick in for 4 yrs...this shit will likely not even be law by november...

news flash

the very thing I mentioned kicks in within the next 6 months

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
news flash

the very thing I mentioned kicks in within the next 6 months

this isnt even law yet straw...it still needs to be signed into law...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »
this isnt even law yet straw...it still needs to be signed into law...

is that your point?