Author Topic: Canadian Official Threatens to Prosecute Ann Coulter  (Read 4021 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Canadian Official Threatens to Prosecute Ann Coulter
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »
I could care less about Canada one way or the other.  But, she will have to respect their laws when visiting so it might behoove her to have her speech looked over by somebody knowledgeable.

She ought to just appear remotely.  I doubt she can behave herself. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »
Once again I ask,give me an example of Coulters hate speech.Hs she ever called new york Hymietown or said "we were hear before those greek homos" or "Obama doesnt have to speak with a negro dialect" or "Obama is a clean well dressed black guy".Please give me some examples of her hate speech.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »
Here's a quick refresher course for anyone who doesn't know about our sissy neihbors to the north-- There is no freedom of speech in Canada. Truth is not a defense to libel/ defamation, and you can be criminally prosecuted for political speech.

What's worse, the only people who ever seem to run afoul of this backwards and opressive assault on individual liberty happen to be... You guessed it, white, christian people.  In Canada, Muslims (especially) use these braindead laws to stifile individuals who criticize their death cult.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 08:52:18 AM »
It's funny that Jag has a problem with Coulter's "hate speech" when this lazy eyed clown spews uses her Jaguar and Samson123 accounts to spew some of the most vile and despicable stuff on this site.

Pot meet kettle.  :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »
BB's title is misleading.

Jag, can you give some examples of hate speech by Coulter that would be illegal in Canada?

One such example is when she said "Muslims should be banned from airplanes altogether, and instead should use flying carpets." When a muslims said to her, "But I don't have a flying carpet." her response was "Get a camel."

Anybody who promotes & incites hatred and or violence, against an identifiable ethnic group commits an offense under Canadian law.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »
One such example is when she said "Muslims should be banned from airplanes altogether, and instead should use flying carpets." When a muslims said to her, "But I don't have a flying carpet." her response was "Get a camel."

Anybody who promotes & incites hatred and or violence, against an identifiable ethnic group commits an offense under Canadian law.

And questioning Coulters sex is perfectly fine and healthy debate,nothing hateful about that,nothing hateful about mocking that you think she has a big adama apple and you wouldnt know if she belonged in a mens or womens prison.You are a fucking jerkoff.You are the biggest girl [Im sure you also HAVE the biggest girl on here as well]on here,you bitch about hate speech,insults,negative comments,people commenting on looks and all the while do it more then anyone and then put some dumb ass smiley face like that makes it ok.Like I said I wish Id run into,Id show you hate speech like you never fucking heard before,and if you looked at me wrong Id puch you and your mans [if you have one]lights out.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »
Here's a quick refresher course for anyone who doesn't know about our sissy neihbors to the north-- There is no freedom of speech in Canada. Truth is not a defense to libel/ defamation, and you can be criminally prosecuted for political speech.

What's worse, the only people who ever seem to run afoul of this backwards and opressive assault on individual liberty happen to be... You guessed it, white, christian people.  In Canada, Muslims (especially) use these braindead laws to stifile individuals who criticize their death cult.

These laws protecting Muslims has been a recent occurence (since 911). Prior to that, these laws for the most part protected Jews, who prosecuted with impunity anyone who would deny the holocaust.

As for the people who run afoul of these laws, ...do you mean good white christian people like David Dukes, Ernst Dzundel, and the other assorted klansmen, neo nazis, and holocaust deniers who have been prosecuted under the law?
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 09:29:54 AM »
No I mean people like Mark Steyn for one. Now Ann Coulter, and there are several others.

And you know what? The POS you mentioned in your last response have every right to say what they say. I have every right not to listen and every right to oppose their arguments. Just like I do, you do, and everyone should. It's called the marketplace of ideas. It's one of the hallmarks of a true democracy and it's what America was founded on.

Of course certain restrictions should be enforced depending on the kind of speech and where it is delivered. But banning it, or making it criminal is a lot more frightening to me than "words".

Someone can  deny the holocaust, claim that your postings have merit, or that the earth revolves around pluto. That doesn't make it so, and it shouldn't be against the law.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 09:30:54 AM »

So the only example you can dig up is a comment she just made today in a speech at a university in Canada? Funny how you needed it spoon-fed to you.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 09:45:52 AM »
So the only example you can dig up is a comment she just made today in a speech at a university in Canada? Funny how you needed it spoon-fed to you.

Did you read BezerkFury, ...I wasn't and am NOT about to go digging through her past commentary for examples, but if and when something comes up... I will contemplate that. it's right there in this thread. ...just back up a few posts to see it.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:59 AM »
So people should go to jail for denying the holocaust?Ha,ha,yeah,because thats a real threat to the nation.I find questioning someones sex FAR more offensive then denying the holocaust.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
So people should go to jail for denying the holocaust?Ha,ha,yeah,because thats a real threat to the nation.I find questioning someones sex FAR more offensive then denying the holocaust.

I don't justify the law, I'm simply telling you what it is.

I personallly think people should be able to question or be critical of any "official story" on any episode of history. The problem is that those who often do, use it as a font to spew hatred against various ethnic groups, and it is for this hatred that they spew that they are arrested. if they could just stick to the facts and leave the racist, xenophobic, bigoted, neo nazi, anti-semitic crap out of the rhetoric, they'd be able to make their case unfettered (if they are able to)...but I suspect their true aim is not to deny the holocaust, but to incite hatred and anti-jew sentiment.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »
I don't justify the law, I'm simply telling you what it is.

I personallly think people should be able to question or be critical of any "official story" on any episode of history. The problem is that those who often do, use it as a font to spew hatred against various ethnic groups, and it is for this hatred that they spew that they are arrested. if they could just stick to the facts and leave the racist, xenophobic, bigoted, neo nazi, anti-semitic crap out of the rhetoric, they'd be able to make their case unfettered (if they are able to)...but I suspect their true aim is not to deny the holocaust, but to incite hatred and anti-jew sentiment.

So,when you are knocking Ann Coulter for her hate speech and you then say you cant tell if she is a man or a women because of her Adama apple,that is sticking to the facts and making your case against her hate speech.Thats used not incite hatred or to be just plain mean spirited,its used as an intelligent and unfettered piece of debate.Incredible!!!Scream about others hate while being as hateful as anyone on her but then pretending to be above the frey.

YOU ARE A TYPICAL LIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »

Interesting.  So are the following statements an offense under Canadian law?

You are fvcking certifiable in your delusion & denial.
It's the goddamn evangelicals who make it a political issue. Get real!!!

I will welcome the day that religion is forced underground!

The bold and large font are yours:

I FVCKING HATE DELUSIONAL EVANGELICALS  >:(

The guy who killed Tiller sought him out, stalked him as he was going out his day to day life.

Any evangelical I off, is gonna be one who trys imposing themself on me. There's a big difference.

It's like someone on here once said "I'll shoot the fvckers if I have to."

"I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning." 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
So,when you are knocking Ann Coulter for her hate speech and you then say you cant tell if she is a man or a women because of her Adama apple,that is sticking to the facts and making your case against her hate speech.

nah, that's just taking a cheap shot at someone who really needs to stfu

Thats used not incite hatred or to be just plain mean spirited,its used as an intelligent and unfettered piece of debate.Incredible!!!Scream about others hate while being as hateful as anyone on her but then pretending to be above the frey.

YOU ARE A TYPICAL LIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hardly equate taking a cheap shot at Coulter's appearance with inciting hatred against an identifiable ethnic group, but if you do, ...I guess we disagree. btw: Got enough exclamation marks?  ::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »
Interesting.  So are the following statements an offense under Canadian law?

The bold and large font are yours:

"I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning." 

No my statements are not an offense under Canadian law. I don't contravene the law.

ps: I never said "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."
Don't know who did, ...but it wasn't me.
w

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
more people in the media and in politics should have sack enough to say what they want  and fuck who ever dont like it, its just words  get the fuck over it,  why is everyone in todays society a big god dam cry baby ??

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
more people in the media and in politics should have sack enough to say what they want  and fuck who ever dont like it, its just words  get the fuck over it,  why is everyone in todays society a big god dam cry baby ??

Words have consequences. The incitement of hate have real consequences on the peoples & societies affected. The guy was simply warning Coulter not to get herself in hot water 'cause she could very well be criminally charged in Canada, for some of the things she says. It's like GWB being invited to speak in Saudi Arabia, and someone reminding him he might want to go on the wagon and lay off the liquor while there. 
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »
I think a pic of jag emmerged from the protest! 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
they are just words,  stop being a bitch  panzy about it and grow up,   fucking cry babies

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 07:43:34 AM »
they are just words,  stop being a bitch  panzy about it and grow up,   fucking cry babies

The radical left hates free speech and cant debate anything.   They are a bunch of marxists, tyrants, and communists at their core.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:24 AM »
nah, that's just taking a cheap shot at someone who really needs to stfu

I hardly equate taking a cheap shot at Coulter's appearance with inciting hatred against an identifiable ethnic group, but if you do, ...I guess we disagree. btw: Got enough exclamation marks?  ::)

You say she needs to shut the fuck up,I say Ed Shultz needs to, as does Maddow,Olberman and Mathews who try to incite violence EVERYDAY on their left wing crap,no ratings shows by lying about tea partys and making up stories that they call people n@ggers and spit on people when there is NOT ONE SHRED of evidence to prove it.However,thats called freedom and its the greatest thing on earth.Thank God liars like Olberman can speak,thats what makes this country great..Please give me the list of crimes committed by those listening to Coulter.Who of her followers has gone out and done anything.I heard this same stupid ass argument over Mell Gibsons movie the passion of the christ.Jews screaming "this will incite violence against jews".NOT ONE JEW was attacked!!!!!!

People who decide who they want to shut up are amazing.Who are you to decide?Who is the government to decide?Those who want cecorship are always the first ones to bitch when they are out of power and the cencorship is then used against them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
Liberals are such hypocrites when it comes to free speech. 

Angry Mob Shuts Down Ann Coulter Speech in Canada
Wednesday, 24 Mar 2010     
By: David A. Patten

Thousands of angry Canadian protesters forced authorities to cancel a speech by conservative firebrand Ann Coulter at the University of Ottawa Tuesday night, after police concluded it would be "physically dangerous" for the best-selling author to take the stage.

In a brief e-mail to Newsmax and other media outlets, Coulter commented at 8:07 p.m. Tuesday: "Two thousand protesters surrounded building with rocks and sticks [and] pulled [a] fire alarm in the building. Blogs call for Ann Coulter to be hurt. MPs were banned from going, I was denounced by an MP in the Parliament today. Cops just shut it down!"

Ottawa police Sgt. Dan Beauchamp told reporters: "It's a public safety issue," according to The Washington Times.

Evan Levant, the conservative activist scheduled to introduce Coulter, tells Newsmax that a Facebook page had advised protesters to bring things to throw at Coulter, including "vegetables and eggs and things like that."

"I think it's a real black mark on Canada's reputation as a free country,"

Levant tells Newsmax. "To have this sort of censorship through intimidation is very un-Canadian. Freedom of speech is a Canadian value, it's in our charter of rights, our bill of rights, and it's one of the rights we fought for at Juno Beach on D-Day. And to have it eroded this way, so blatantly and with the blessing of the university administration — that's the worst part of it."

Conservatives blame a letter sent to Coulter Friday afternoon by Francois Houle, the academic vice president and provost of the University of Ottawa, for triggering the events that led to the uprising.

Houle e-mailed Coulter to warn that “promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges. Outside of the criminal realm, Canadian defamation laws also limit freedom of expression and may differ somewhat from those to which you are accustomed."

Houle continued, “I therefore ask you, while you are a guest on our campus, to weigh your words with respect and civility in mind. There is a strong tradition in Canada, including at this university, of restraint, respect and consideration in expressing even provocative and controversial opinions and urge you to respect that Canadian tradition while on our campus.”

Houle also remarked, “Hopefully, you will understand and agree that what may, at first glance, seem like unnecessary restrictions to freedom of expression do, in fact, lead not only to a more civilized discussion, but to a more meaningful, reasoned and intelligent one as well.”

If Houle's intent was to promote "civilized discussion," however, he was unsuccessful.

At one point, Levant tells Newsmax, he feared that the attendees would be trapped inside the venue.

"I knew that we could not open the doors because they had pressed up against them," he tells Newsmax. "And there was a moment there when I was a little bit worried because there were about 150 or so of us in the room, and when I heard that the police thought that they couldn't control the situation anymore, I was briefly worried that there would be no way out of the room for the people in the room. But it was confirmed for us there was a safe way out."

The opposition to Coulter's speaking to the students was justified, curiously, on the basis that what Coulter had to say could foment acts of intolerance.

"What Ann Coulter is practicing is not free speech — it's hate speech," Ottawa student Mike Fancie told The Associated Press.

Coulter frequently speaks to college conservatives and other organizations. Although she has been the target of rallies and pie throwing before, she says she has never had a speech obstructed by an angry mob.

Coulter told The Washington Times that the University of Ottawa is a "bush league" institution.

"I go to the best schools, Harvard, the Ivy League and those kids are too intellectually proud," to threaten speakers, she told the Times. She added that "their IQ points-to-teeth ratio must be about 1-to-1."

The demonstration came in the midst of Coulter's tour of three Canadian campuses.

Ironically, the tour is titled "Political Correctness, Media Bias and Freedom of Speech."

Canadian attorney and free-speech activist Douglas Christie said Canadian law makes it a criminal offense to make speeches that criticize people on the basis of "race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, mental/physical disability or marital status."

He says: "Those are the taboo topics. All the left-wing topics are wide open. . . In the name of tolerance they have become violent thugs, and that's the basically how they operate. The essential problem there is that someday there will be some resistance, and some pushing back. If we don't have civility, we will in the end force people to violence. And that's very regrettable."

The University of Ottawa Campus Conservatives describe their purpose as promoting “universal Canadian value like freedom, democracy, and the rule of law, as well as question the size of and role that government should play in the life of Canadians.”

Newsmax contacted Houle’s office, asking whether liberal speakers receive similar e-mails warning of possible criminal prosecution prior to speaking on campus. There was no response to the request for comment.

Coulter's Canadian speaking tour ends Thursday in Calgary.

http://newsmax.com/Headline/coulter-canada-speech-shut/2010/03/24/id/353735