Author Topic: jake shield's looks at options...  (Read 649 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
jake shield's looks at options...
« on: March 22, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
Quoteworthy:

"I’m a fighter who takes it one opponent at a time and my next fight is in Strikeforce against (Dan) Henderson. When you talk about guys like Anderson Silva and St.-Pierre, the best in the world, obviously I fight want to fight them. I want to be the best in the world and to be the best you have to beat the best. GSP’s a complete fighter standing and on the ground. But that’s why I want to fight him, that’s the challenge. I want to test my skills and see what happens. Now I’m focused on Dan Henderson for this fight and after that my contract with Strikeforce ends. I’ll talk with Strikeforce and the UFC to find out which one I will work for."

Current Strikeforce middleweight champion and undeafeted since 2004, Jake Shields comes off thirteen victories in a row and now has the hardest match of his career versus Dan Henderson on April 17. Shields has been training jiu-jitsu with friends Nick and Nate Diaz and experienced a six-week camp with Robert Drysdale in Las Vegas recently where also had the opportunity of helping Chuck Liddell as BJJ coach for the 11th season of The Ultimate Fighter. Jake is going to do the last fight of the current contract and after that will talk to both Strikeforce and UFC to decide what organization he will fight for. Is Shields a good name for UFC? Do you think he is able to beat Silva or St-Pierre --or won’t even get past Henderson?